FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NoTiersForMe
Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London SE1 7EH

6:30pm to late [hall open from 6]

Venue thanks to gav0106 and his team at St Thomas’ Hospital. For those of you who are new they are employed directly by the hospital and 100% of any profits we make from events and bar spend goes straight back to the Trust for projects involving patients and staff, so by supporting this event you will be giving back as well.

Hi All, sorry for delay in getting some more information, had a busy few days with Cancer Survivors Day and other big events.

For Friday:

Full bar available, we are suggesting - Wine/Beer/Cider/Fizz and Soft Drinks only as we set up the bars ad-hoc, unless anyone really wants spirits we can arrange this.
As always, we will have some great deals on wine and fizz ^

My wine supplier has kindly donated some wines for you all to sample and some tasting notes etc, including a well-known one world non-alcoholic fizz . Which we were the 1st to supply in UK for our oversea's visitors ^

A BBQ will be on hand, no set charge, other than we ask if you can donate Ł5 or as you feel to our in-house charity - Support GSTT. They do some amazing work, such as the Evelina Zip with London Fire Brigade which raised over Ł1.2 million for Evelina London Children's Hospital

The 2 hospitals we looks after - St Thomas' at Westminster and Guy's at London Bridge have both suffered in recent weeks with all the terrible events that went on. We look forward to hosting you, and to bring some normality back to the hospital and to celebrate and have fun.

Any questions, feel free to ask, and if you have any requests

Make sure you sign on on the night, as we have some gifts to give away.

Gav

Google maps

PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Attendees updated to post #191
[for people editing this wiki, please scan through entries after the post number above, amend details of attendees below -- clever folks will notice the alphabetical not chronological arrangement -- and update the last post number above. ^]
Confirmed - 47
20Rothmans, angloedades, atcer28, BotB, Calchas, chris1979, Chris_L, Etxebas + 1, GadgetGal, Howarsan, hsmall, james_yuen, JimboandtheJetset, johnaalex, johnny5a, keep_it_Riel, Lefly+1, Ldnn1, LondonAndy, londonbus, londonsmiler, lost_in_translation, mariagri, MarkedMan, megaloman, missdimeaner, MyFlights App, NavyLad, NoTiersForMe, pjh981, Pandra +1, Peasouper, Physci +1, Raffles + 1, rockflyertalk, robertf999, Schofs, Scottnothing, Sealink, Starship73, teledude, hsmall,
Maybe - 25
armouredant, BA Humbug, Barnaby100 +1, BigVince79, CaroFos +1, Forever_in_Seattle, FT-Diplomat, GodAtum, gustavmahler, haasha, Hodders, icegirl, lostinlondon, MrMutton, papyPiHi, Pumplekin, PWOZUK, Richmond_Surrey, RockyRobin, saint_em, snuffi, tjeuk, Ziz
Print Wikipost

The London DO 2017 - Friday 30th June

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:50 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Please put me down as a maybe! I'm due to land on the 1st but let's see if we can move up my flights.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Plenty of familiar names so typing this is making me very jealous, but alas I am helping launch my sister's restaurant that night and won't be able to make it on this occasion.

Next time
Old Jun 13, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Oooh - will there be a charity auction this time ?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
Am now confirmed for this; work schedule means I'll actually be free (for once), so look forward to meeting everyone!
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by hcuk94
Plenty of familiar names so typing this is making me very jealous, but alas I am helping launch my sister's restaurant that night and won't be able to make it on this occasion.

Next time
we'll raise a drink to you and your sister.

Originally Posted by ManfredvonRichthofen
Oooh - will there be a charity auction this time ?
are you volunteering to arrange?

Originally Posted by dakaix
Am now confirmed for this; work schedule means I'll actually be free (for once), so look forward to meeting everyone!
welcome onboard.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
I will be there at some point providing my flight isn't delayed and the Gatwick Express is working!
Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Originally Posted by chris1979
Usually around 6pm and we usually need to leave the venue at 10/10.30 ish though the younger and wilder ones party on somewhere else whilst the sensible ones go to bed for beauty sleep.
Thanks chris1979. i'll be there close to 18:00 then as I work nearby in Lower Marsh.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, AAdvantage, Marriot & SPG Platinum, Hilton, AClub gold, ICH
I would like to attend with Mr Pandra please, we attended last summer and it was great! (Sorry tried to update wiki but it wouldn't seem to let me)
Old Jun 15, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Originally Posted by Pandra
I would like to attend with Mr Pandra please, we attended last summer and it was great! (Sorry tried to update wiki but it wouldn't seem to let me)
Updated and see you soon!
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Am hoping to make this. Anyone who hasn't been and is considering it should definitely come. It's very inclusive and the venue is great.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Am hoping to make this. Anyone who hasn't been and is considering it should definitely come. It's very inclusive and the venue is great.
I generally prefer exclusive but that's not what we are talking about :-)
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I generally prefer exclusive but that's not what we are talking about :-)
I don't see your name on the list...
Old Jun 16, 2017, 12:50 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
I don't see your name on the list...
On that note, I have added your name to the 'maybe' list on wiki.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 3:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
So I waited for too long and now the reward seats are gone. So unless there is availability opening up within the next two weeks we won't be able to make it sadly.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Gold (woohoo)
Peasouper is signed up to come along too. Getting close to being able to edit the wiki but not quite there yet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.