Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F trip report and question

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks for the trip report. Regardless of how the trip went I always enjoy reading them.

Sorry you had the meal issues outbound. I thought F was meant to be flexible for the benefit of the customer.

Re the shenanigans inbound... if it were me I (and I know MrsSM) would have been very happy with the outcome of still travelling in F and with €600 + champers. OK, not travelling together sucks, always, but flying means these kinds of issues will crop up from time to time... it is a dynamic service... stuff happens, and nothing can be guaranteed. All I hope for is that when hiccups like this do occur then I want to come out of it up on the deal and it sounds like BA made sure of that in this occasion.

I am travelling LHR - ORD in August in F... fingers crossed that we get a similar seating issue with a similar, or better, outcome!!!
Old May 24, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
How did you manage to get the bottles of LPGS through transit security? Like you we also have a domestic connection from LHR on most of our BA holiday trips and when we've previously been offered bottles from F (only once or twice mind you!) we've declined because we assumed they'd be removed from us at security - but it sounds as though yours got through?!
Old May 24, 2017, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Originally Posted by so3003
How did you manage to get the bottles of LPGS through transit security? Like you we also have a domestic connection from LHR on most of our BA holiday trips and when we've previously been offered bottles from F (only once or twice mind you!) we've declined because we assumed they'd be removed from us at security - but it sounds as though yours got through?!
I was worried about that, and was ready to surrender them. The CSD however assured me it would be OK, and had put them in a sealed duty free bag. There was also a hand written note explaining the situation, which the chap at security read. The bottles were also subject to additional screening !

Surely you can buy duty free on board in any case ?
Old May 24, 2017, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You were lucky, the sealed bags should contain a receipt but the security staff accepted the note from the CSD.
Old May 24, 2017, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by mlafqtv
An otherwise great trip report, apart from the above.
Why, oh why is there this need to try and squeeze as much out of the airline as possible?
Perhaps you'd never noticed, but squeezing value from the airline is what this forum is about. Mainly.

It's a business, out to make money from you: not a friend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.