Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Out of main course in Club World but not really?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Out of main course in Club World but not really?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Egoldstein
What happens if the outbound uses up 1 extra; what if something happens in the galley and one item is inadvertently dropped or mis-handled?
This happened to my gluten free pudding in CW on the way to YUL. The crew told me they had dropped it and there wasn't anything else gf that they could offer me (but they did bring me a banana from the club kitchen).

I think if things are dropped and there is no replacement option available then the crew will tell you just that I get irritated when my gf meals are not loaded (seems to happen a lot between LHR and BOS for some reason...) but the dropped pudding seemed to upset the crew more than me. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often - it can't be easy to sort out those trays during turbulence!
Old May 23, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, Delta Skymiles, Hilton Honors, IHG One Rewards, Melia Rewards
Originally Posted by markzz2

There is the option to pre order your meal on line through the manage my booking section of ba.com, and then you would be pre allocated your choice before the orders are taken.

Even this doesn't guarantee what you have ordered. Flying in F at the end of last year to MIA I had pre-ordered the turkey dinner seeing it was Thanksgiving in the US, however when the CC were taking orders I said mine had already been pre-ordered through MMB. She said "We have you down for the beef", which obviously I didn't order. Not sure how It happened although I did get my turkey.

gaz
Old May 23, 2017, 3:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by markzz2
I am sure they had just run out of Salad, we generally may only have 2-4 of them for 48 passengers as they are usually the least popular options. But sometimes they are more popular and we do sometimes run out.
Just to re-iterate this a bit. From what I've seen, the main meal salad (which can be things like hot smoked salmon on a tomato salad, or potato and mustard salad with herb marinated seared salmon, or a chicken based salad) becomes popular on hot days and for those who are looking for something healthier to eat, or have other food constraints. Normally they are unpopular offerings.

I'm very unfussy when it comes to food, and sometimes like a "surprise" factor, so if I'm aware of problems in matching up food requests, I'll invite the crew to give me whatever is left at the end, I'll have plenty of other opportunities to eat whatever is on the menu. Invariably I end up with the main meal salad option, which is often very enjoyable. However if it's a hot day in London and we're off to California with lots of beautiful people, that's when I end up with the beef!
Old May 23, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by sts603
Which Africa routes? I don't eat out of ACC and LOS given fears of food poisoning but if they are catered out of London...
wow, you're precious. What do you eat when you're in the country then? Do you bring food from England?
Old May 23, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by Egoldstein
While I understand some of the comments that respondents have made which are not very sympathetic to the OP; my own sense is that OP is right to be a bit miffed. J tickets are quite expensive and if a menu item is listed on the main menu, the OP should have some reasonable expectation that it will be available.

While all airlines warn that you may not get your first choice, I think that BA's catering load under-caters for both CW and CE. I was surprised that the load for appetizers on CW and CE mains total exactly 100% among the options, especially if catered both ways. What happens if the outbound uses up 1 extra; what if something happens in the galley and one item is inadvertently dropped or mis-handled?
In my experience, as informed by cabin crew, some menu items on long haul CW flights to London simply aren't loaded, or are loaded in such small quantities that some passengers are bound to be disappointed. I don't know why, or why alternatives aren't loaded so we still have a choice.

Out of interest, are menus provided by the caterers or by other parts of BA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.