Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Who only drinks Champagne when in a BA lounge or aircraft?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who only drinks Champagne when in a BA lounge or aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:25 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by Sealink
I'll have it in a beer glass. I don't stand on ceremony.
All fine and that, but what kind of beer glass? Pilsner? Pint? Weizen? Kolsch? etc....
Sealink likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Recently purchased a bottle of LPGS for a special occasion at home. Would say it’s worth every penny !! It’s very .. very good.
seanp7 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
To answer the question rather than give a list of Champagne preferences - Me. I don't need fancy bottles and I long learned that I could drink it without any after effects.

One caveat - I like it served in a proper flute shaped glass - unlike American Airlines serving it in a tumbler. So uncouth.

Me too - although (very) recent wisdom from the great and good who are supposed to know more about these things is that Champagne is best served in a tulip shaped glass. It would just not be the same. (But I would drink it anyway).
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
I must add there is actually no single right glass for all Champs. Younger, N.V. ones are perfectly fine in flutes or tulip shaped ones as this gives the opportunity to admire the bubbles while also containing the aromas as you smell it.

More structured, aged/vintage Champs would actually benefit from a larger glass, more smiliar to ones for med-bodied whites.

All this makes little sense at 35k ft, but still interesting to mention

Also agree American carriers as generally SO gross. Serving a Champagne by almost filling up an entire tumbler glass is something not to be seen. Also, very often on American carriers they offer a "welcome Champagne" that in reality is just sparkling wine...
Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by frandrake

Also agree American carriers as generally SO gross. Serving a Champagne by almost filling up an entire tumbler glass is something not to be seen. Also, very often on American carriers they offer a "welcome Champagne" that in reality is just sparkling wine...
I agree -- anything white with bubbles is generally considered Champagne, at least on any of the Delta 1 flights and lounges I have been in stateside.

The Air France lounge in CDG on the other hand....
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I bought some English sparkling wine yesterday and the shop assistant called it champagne and took the p**s out of me because I said it was not champagne. So a lot of people seem to call any fizzy white wine champagne.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Remember the difference between stupidity and genius/"smartness".....
#141 illustrates
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Mostly drink it in the lounges and on the planes. Simple logistics - shame to open a whole bottle for just one person, as none of my friends drink.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Generally only when flying here too.

That said, i have purchased a few bottles of LPGS for home based on my exposure to it on BA and LH. Good stuff !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.