Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold
Seat selection

Booked flights as bronze but will move to silver soon. Will I be able to choose seats FOC as soon as I hit silver?
Old May 19, 2017, 9:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by killaypirate
Booked flights as bronze but will move to silver soon. Will I be able to choose seats FOC as soon as I hit silver?
Yes, once your account is updated.
Old May 19, 2017, 9:53 am

Yes. You may need to remove and re-enter your number from the booking for it to recognise the status.
Old May 19, 2017, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold
many thanks for super-fast replies.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
We went from bronze to silver, with other flights already booked for later in the year, and as soon as we got silver we could choose seats on the previously booked flights.

Also double check once you get silver that your avios are right. We achieved silver after the 4th leg of a 6-leg trip but the last 2 legs were initially only credited at bronze rates until we called up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.