Vueling Tier Points

Old May 18, 17, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Vueling Tier Points

Will I earn tier points on an IB booking operated on Vueling metal with an IB flight number?

If so, how would I credit these to my BA account (I have no IB account)?
Old May 18, 17, 6:29 pm

Programs: MUCCI
You shouldn't earn tier points.

Also, even if you had an IB+ account, you can NOT move IBplus status points over into BA tier points. Only Avios points can be moved between the schemes.

Personally, I'd probably use this as a good opportunity to 'activate' an IB+ account. Depending upon your own personal redemption patterns, there can be good reasons to have an IBplus account open and activated.
PaulJWoodgate likes this.
Old May 18, 17, 7:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Vueling maybe owned by IAG, the parent of BA but Vueling is not part of OneWorld. So no Tier Points.

Same situation with Aer Lingus.
Old May 19, 17, 2:07 am

Programs: BA GGL (no longer CCR), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
You can move the avios earned on IB, but not the TPs, as stated.

There may be a BA flight number you can use, but even as a silver, you don't get lounge access on IB metal with a BA flight number, so the benefit is limited to the TPs and avios.

Agree that an IB account is nice to have for other reasons.
Old May 19, 17, 2:18 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Cymro View Post
You can move the avios earned on IB, but not the TPs, as stated.

There may be a BA flight number you can use, but even as a silver, you don't get lounge access on IB metal with a BA flight number, so the benefit is limited to the TPs and avios.

Agree that an IB account is nice to have for other reasons.
IB metal + BA flight numnber + OWS = lounge access
Old May 19, 17, 2:24 am

Programs: BA GGL (no longer CCR), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TabTraveller View Post
IB metal + BA flight numnber + OWS = lounge access
Sorry, meant to say VY metal + BA flight number. (Apologies for the sloppiness!)
Old Oct 16, 17, 4:55 am

In light of Vueling changing to avios. Can you still earn TP's on BA flight numbers but VY metal?

Thanks
Old Oct 16, 17, 5:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk View Post
In light of Vueling changing to avios. Can you still earn TP's on BA flight numbers but VY metal?
Yes you can and a low level of Avios too. Also the equivalent situation on Iberia+. But there is now a calculation to be made on the Avios side, since if you buy direct from Vueling you get 3 Avios per Euro on Basic fares, 4 Avios on other fares, double that if a Vueling Prem. Whereas BA's Avios calculation is mileage + selling class based, with a 125 Avios minima.

So taking a very short flight LGW-RNS on 25 October, for example: This is 125 Avios on BA on its cheap £65 fare (Optima equivalent including a checked bag and seat reservation), VY's offers the same fare as a Basic(HBO) for 35€ = 105 Avios, Optima for 55€ = 220 Avios. Golds booking the BA fare get lounge access. This is just one example, Iberia is a quid cheaper, same Avios. I think I've seen lower RNS fares on BA before (£45?) which would still give 125 Avios, but on more expensive trips the codeshares get even less worthwhile in this area.

There is currently a double Avios promotion on Vueling, but it ends at the end of October.
flamemaker likes this.
Old Oct 16, 17, 5:51 am

What a remarkable level of knowledge! How do you have time to do your job too?!

Judging by your last line, this is in parallel with the BA double avios promo and therefore the 2 are separate, as the BA promo is BA, AA, AY and IB only, am I guessing correctly?

Thanks CWS.
Old Oct 16, 17, 5:51 am

As. gold you’d earn 625 for that flight with a BA number though due to the status bonus, even bronze would get 250
Old Oct 16, 17, 6:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Judging by your last line, this is in parallel with the BA double avios promo and therefore the 2 are separate, as the BA promo is BA, AA, AY and IB only, am I guessing correctly?
The promotions are certainly separate, in fact the Vueling on is purely to announce their recent transition from Punto to Avios last week.

Originally Posted by hypercrypt View Post
As. gold you’d earn 625 for that flight with a BA number though due to the status bonus, even bronze would get 250
That's correct, I should have pointed that out - there is a 500 Tier Bonus for Golds, in addition to the baseline 125 Avios for Blue, 625 Avios in all, so for status travellers BA codeshares on cheaper routes the Avios is potentially better under BA flightcode. Plus of course the all important 5 TPs.
Old Oct 17, 17, 6:59 am

Another question...Lounge access, Flying LGW - BCN on BA Flight numbers but VY metal. Does BAEC Silver get lounge access?
Old Oct 17, 17, 7:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Another question...Lounge access, Flying LGW - BCN on BA Flight numbers but VY metal. Does BAEC Silver get lounge access?
No, it's only gold/GGL.
Old Oct 17, 17, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
No, it's only gold/GGL.
Thanks KARFA
Old Mar 20, 18, 10:23 am
Suspended

So if it’s a Vueling aircraft and I book with a BA flight number, do I get tier points?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: