Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Deadline for reward ticket purchase

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
Deadline for reward ticket purchase

Is there a deadline for booking tickets with Avios on BA long-haul (westbound towards Canada) flights ? Can they be purchased on the day of departure ? (including for a connecting flight)
Old May 17, 2017, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by albireo
Is there a deadline for booking tickets with Avios on BA long-haul flights ? Can they be purchased on the day of departure ? (including for a connecting flight)
Yes, award tickets can be booked ~60-75 minutes prior to departure. I've done it from my iPhone at the T5 Flight connections desk for LHR-ZRH, when my onward journey to another destination wasn't working out for me

If you have a connection, it will be 60-75 minutes before the first flight on the routing.
Old May 17, 2017, 1:35 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Yes, award tickets can be booked ~60-75 minutes prior to departure. I've done it from my iPhone at the T5 Flight connections desk for LHR-ZRH, when my onward journey to another destination wasn't working out for me

If you have a connection, it will be 60-75 minutes before the first flight on the routing.
Oh, that's good to know. I once booked at T-4h and was quite surprised that it worked just fine. It's good to know that one can push it to T-60minutes.
Old May 17, 2017, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by florens
Oh, that's good to know. I once booked at T-4h and was quite surprised that it worked just fine. It's good to know that one can push it to T-60minutes.
Just don't do what I did once, which is buy a ticket on UL after checkin had already closed!
Old May 18, 2017, 3:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Just don't do what I did once, which is buy a ticket on UL after checkin had already closed!
Haha!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.