Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OK to drop final leg of my trip?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 11:56 am
Original Poster

OK to drop final leg of my trip?

Flying GLA>LHR>LAS and back in a couple of weeks.

I now live in London since booking this trip. For the start of the trip I'm going to be in Scotland anyway so that's fine, but for the trip back am I OK "missing" the LHR>GLA flight? I know this comes up a lot, just wondering if BA are taking any actions yet. Never done this before.

If it matters, I booked through Expedia as it's a package deal.

I understand that the agents won't short check my luggage so I'm preparing to take hand luggage on the return trip to solve that problem.

Thanks.
Old May 16, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Doesn't really apply in the same way as an 'ex-EU' flight (e.g. starting DUB) as it is normally more expensive to start from GLA than LHR so my advice is: 'knock yourself out!'

You might even get a small refund of taxes if you tell them about it?
Old May 16, 2017, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crazy8534
Doesn't really apply in the same way as an 'ex-EU' flight (e.g. starting DUB) as it is normally more expensive to start from GLA than LHR so my advice is: 'knock yourself out!'

You might even get a small refund of taxes if you tell them about it?
Problem I have is it's a group booking, and Expedia last time when I asked about it made a whole song and dance about it messing everything up if I change the flights for one person only.

Think I can just tell them at LAS airport and they could cancel my last leg? Would love not to have to cart my luggage around.
Old May 16, 2017, 12:07 pm

You can check your luggage - even if the check-in agents at LAS insist to check it to GLA. Just offload yourself from your GLA sector at the LHR T5 Flight Connections desk - just tell them you are not travelling further and for them to retrieve your baggage (it will not be loaded to GLA anyway, without you being on the flight). Your luggage will arrive (takes about 45-60 minutes) on belt 8 in baggage collection.
Old May 16, 2017, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rossmacd
You can check your luggage - even if the check-in agents at LAS insist to check it to GLA. Just offload yourself from your GLA sector at the LHR T5 Flight Connections desk - just tell them you are not travelling further and for them to retrieve your baggage (it will not be loaded to GLA anyway, without you being on the flight). Your luggage will arrive (takes about 45-60 minutes) on belt 8 in baggage collection.
Good to know, are there any fees for cancelling the last leg? It's T3 we arrive into from LAS if that makes a difference, do I still need to go to T5?

This does help a lot as I'm trying to pack light so I can fit everything in hand luggage. If I can check a normal bag in the hold both ways it will help my stress a lot
Old May 16, 2017, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by RedArrowX
Good to know, are there any fees for cancelling the last leg?
Nope, they just take you off the LHR-GLA manifest, and you need to prompt them on your baggage.

I've done it twice and the agents appeared to deal with situations like this fairly frequently.
Old May 16, 2017, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rossmacd
Nope, they just take you off the LHR-GLA manifest, and you need to prompt them on your baggage.

I've done it twice and the agents appeared to deal with situations like this fairly frequently.
Brilliant, this really does help a lot I can't thank you enough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.