Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well thanks BA - Receipt to non-lead pax

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I have a similar issue all the time. I do not have a household account, my husband and I both have separate accounts. Everything is done through mine, it's my CC, my 241 voucher but he is ALWAYS the "lead" and gets all the emails etc even though I always complete everything with myself as lead. I assumed it was a throwback to the man always seen as the leader
Old May 15, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Don't know if it's alphabetical, but my 13-y-o daughter (whose first name starts with an A) always gets the emails for flights booked as a family. We are in an HHA which may or may not be relevant but she is always quite proud that she is seen to be the "lead" of our family.
Old May 15, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Any time I book an avios ticket for me and someone else in my HHA, the receipt/confirmation e-mail arrives ONLY to one of the other passengers. Never to me. And the e-mail contact is mine... I checked more than twice.

A couple of times the receipt never arrived to anyone, and when I went on BA.com to send it again, to my address, the mail was sent to the other traveler.
Old May 15, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I don't see that BA did anything wrong at all - indeed , I would say that it may have done right by the member

A member's FF number was used without his knowledge and the email informed him of such - on another situation, this will could be a distinctly good thing
+1

When you used another person's FF number without their permission, you crossed that line. You may feel that you already had Mr. W's tacit approval to use it, but so does BA have his more-than-tacit approval to contact him when it's used.
Old May 15, 2017, 6:31 am
Original Poster

I knew that it would appear in his MMB, but since he rarely flies the chance of his seeing it there before the weekend is skinny.

I don't even mind if they email him to say he's been booked in something, yep that's fair enough.

What I do mind, is him being sent confirmation of how much I paid for his ticket and how I paid for it. And I mind that as the person who paid, I am not sent a receipt, although the email to his account is addressed to me by name.

Maybe it is alphabetic - his surname is ahead of mine in the alphabet. But it doesn't sit well with me.
Old May 15, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
It's annoying, but for security reasons it makes sense for someone to receive such a notification- to alert him to unauthorised use of BA Exec account. I suppose in the future, just add the Exec Club number on afterwards.
Old May 15, 2017, 6:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I would hope that BA issue both a confirmation and then an e-ticket receipt when ticketed to each passenger when a BAEC number is listed, if only as an anti-fraud measure (not that this specific situation involves fraud).

The term "booking" is much over-used. Every passenger has a ticket and every ticket is associated with only one passenger. Tickets may be issued under one PNR as an administrative convenience for both BA and the passengers. But, each passenger has his own contract with BA, no matter who paid for the ticket and what form of payment was used (cash vs. avios).

I take the "you" in the privacy and data protection policy to mean OP's husband in the context of his ticket as well as OP in the context of her payment information to the extent that she used her BAEC account for the redemption.
Old May 15, 2017, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
I knew that it would appear in his MMB, but since he rarely flies the chance of his seeing it there before the weekend is skinny.

I don't even mind if they email him to say he's been booked in something, yep that's fair enough.

What I do mind, is him being sent confirmation of how much I paid for his ticket and how I paid for it. And I mind that as the person who paid, I am not sent a receipt, although the email to his account is addressed to me by name.

Maybe it is alphabetic - his surname is ahead of mine in the alphabet. But it doesn't sit well with me.
There is obviously an annoyance factor here and the old adage of not adding the EC number until the last minute obviously holds true here. However the fact that BA didn't send the email to you is sadly something you will just get a cut and paste apology for. That's assuming that they have an answer to cut and paste from, if not then they will cut and paste from another unrelated one..
Old May 15, 2017, 6:56 am

I don't see that BA did anything wrong at all - indeed , I would say that it may have done right by the member

A member's FF number was used without his knowledge and the email informed him of such - on another situation, this will could be a distinctly good thing
The e-mail did far more than advise him that his number had been used in a booking. If the e-mail provided personal information of the person who booked it then not only have BA done something wrong, they have done something illegal.
Old May 15, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
I've had similar experience (not spoiling a surprise) and put it down to his surname being before mine alphabetically. Household account.
Old May 15, 2017, 7:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by strichener
The e-mail did far more than advise him that his number had been used in a booking. If the e-mail provided personal information of the person who booked it then not only have BA done something wrong, they have done something illegal.
How much was paid is not personal information and was directly related to the passenger's booking

I cannot see it much of an argument that if using someone's account number without their knowledge that there is something wrong with giving that person details of what was booked

The only way that the person received the information in the booking was that (a) it was a booking for him and (b) it had his FF number associated with it
Old May 15, 2017, 7:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I thought it was normal practice for a person in a HHA to get a receipt/notification of a booking made in their name as some of their Avios would have been used as payment for the booking.
Old May 15, 2017, 7:24 am

How much was paid is not personal information and was directly related to the passenger's booking
I don't why you are deliberately trying to trivialise the issue but the OP has stated in the very title of the thread that it was the receipt that was sent. The receipts from BA include:

Full Passenger Name
Card Type used for the booking
Card Holder Name
Billing Address
Total Paid

The above is without doubt considered as "personal data" and BA therefore are bound by the DPA. There can be no dispute about this.

https://ico.org.uk/media/for-organis...ence_guide.pdf
Old May 15, 2017, 7:25 am
Original Poster

I cannot see it much of an argument that if using someone's account number without their knowledge that there is something wrong with giving that person details of what was booked
I'm not arguing that.

But he was given more details than just his part of the transaction. That's my issue. And I wasn't sent a receipt at all.

Don't you see any issue with his being sent an email that's explicitly addressed to me?

In answer to other replies, we don't have a HHA.
Old May 15, 2017, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Just checked with iWife ... she has never received any emails about the bookings I've made [regardless of type [2-4-1, UuA, PCPM, cash]). The only one she ever had was one headed "Your flight is cancelled" which turned out to be nothing more than a change of flight number (LGW-CPT).

My first name begins with P, hers begins with S.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.