Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5,000 Avios for no meal in CE?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
A full refund? So you are putting no value on any other part of what the OP did receive?
+1 I think that 5,000 Avios is a very reasonable offer for a LHR - FRA flight. Put the other way round, I would never separately pay 5,000 Avios / Ł50 for what gets served in CE on that length of flight!
Old May 14, 2017, 3:07 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), SPG (Lifetime Plat), Star Alliance, One World, Virgin (Gold)
5,000 avios for no meal in CE, I would take that every single day of the week.

Means you can get a free European sector as far as Milan...
Old May 14, 2017, 3:59 am

Wouldn't it be nice to get hold on a copy of the current customer services guidance for service recovery...? Obviously plenty of datapoints all over the forum.

I personally think 5,000 avios is more than fair, given this would cover an upgrade or plenty of percy pigs next time.
Old May 14, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Premier Owl
5,000 avios for no meal in CE, I would take that every single day of the week.
For a short band CE meal definitely.
Old May 14, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Either double amount of the avios or a full refund of the ticket.
A full refund of the ticket?

Blimey you must be a hard person to please in general!
Old May 14, 2017, 6:14 am
ISM

Programs: BA Gold
Yes. Give me 5,000 avios and you can keep the meal. Every time.
Old May 14, 2017, 7:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
If that was me I'd ask to be offloaded.. a colleague did that and they discovered his luggage was in one of the first bins loaded and crew were running out of hours. Colleague still asked to be offloaded and a special meal was delivered in 12 minutes

By way of compensation I'd expect a one way confirmed complimentary upgrade to CE on my next comparable flight to put me in the situation as if this hadn't happened.
I don't think it's worth getting up peoples noses over the lack of a CE special meal....they might just do as you say and offload you.
Just tough luck if on religious grounds the OP was unable to enjoy the alternatives so 5000 Avios seems more than adequate compensation. The price he or his employer paid for the ticket is neither here nor there.
Old May 14, 2017, 9:12 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by 81romeo
I do get lounge access due to status anyway.

Had an extra free seat, fair enough...although no drinks (can't have a drink without eating).
I'm guessing you also had the benefit of arriving at your destination. The only part missing was the meal. The compensation seems reasonable to me.
Old May 14, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Padmeister
A full refund of the ticket?

Blimey you must be a hard person to please in general!
To be fair, a full refund isn't that unreasonable, if you compare it to other travel providers. On the Underground, if you have a delay of 15 minutes, you get a full refund. If you find an IHG hotel cheaper than the IHG website, you get your hotel night for free. If you don't have a "perfect sleep" or some such at a Premier Inn, you get a full refund.

Airlines have a lot to learn when it comes to customer service...
Old May 14, 2017, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Deltus
To be fair, a full refund isn't that unreasonable,...
I think it is. Nobody (at least no sane person) books short band CE for the food. 5,000 Avios certainly more than recover the "loss of comfort" resulting from not having a meal.

I would definitely pick 5,000 Avios/saved meal on short band CE. You won't get hungry on a FRA-LON trip and it's not like the BA meal is so savory that you must absolutely have it.
Old May 14, 2017, 3:16 pm

There is a difference between not taking a meal for 5000 Avios and suffering during the flight because no meal was available when one was promised and expected.
Old May 14, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), SPG (Lifetime Plat), Star Alliance, One World, Virgin (Gold)
I also think you are all being very generous to BA, referring to the food in CE as a "meal"...

Even in CW, ex Heathrow, if I am hungry, I will pop into Pret before boarding to cover my options...
Old May 14, 2017, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Greenpen
There is a difference between not taking a meal for 5000 Avios and suffering during the flight because no meal was available when one was promised and expected.
You make it sound like BA serves a five course menu on the flight from FRA-LHR. And unless the flight crew is setting up a new record for most holds flown over LON, I doubt that you'll die of starvation.

5,000 Avios gets you an Y award on the route and you're just 3 to 4k short of a CE award.
Old May 14, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CR
I mis-read the title. I assumed the poster was claiming he had to give up 5k of Avios not to eat the CE offering. It can be rubbish at times, but I find saying "no" is sufficient.
Old May 14, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Deltus
To be fair, a full refund isn't that unreasonable, if you compare it to other travel providers. On the Underground, if you have a delay of 15 minutes, you get a full refund. If you find an IHG hotel cheaper than the IHG website, you get your hotel night for free. If you don't have a "perfect sleep" or some such at a Premier Inn, you get a full refund.

Airlines have a lot to learn when it comes to customer service...
+1

I would only pay cash for CE if it was a marginal difference from Y.

Then again I wouldn't step foot on a BA flight since Cruz took over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.