Wiki Posts
Search

Noob question - Worth chasing status?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2017, 7:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by navylad
I think this would be doing 3 TLL trips via HEL, there is a separate thread that covers these in detail.

You can also keeAMp an t for a flash sale fare- the one I'm currently on is a Ł550 in J on QR for AMS-DOH-HKG-NGO-NRT-DOH-AMS for 620TPs, the return to AMS to AMS on BA will ensure you have 2 BA eligible flights.
I considered a QR run between BCN and SE Asia once, with a return LHR-MAD-BCN on IB metal for four eligible flights for Silver.
Old May 13, 2017, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA/M&M/HHonors
Thank you everyone for your responses!! I am a bit overwhelmed Was worried about asking such a basic question!
To answer some of the questions - I am LHR based and while at the moment most of my flights are business, if I were to do any status chasing it would be by myself. (i.e. my own money.)
I do know about the TLL/HEL offer mentioned above and that it's not as cheap anymore
I'll see how it goes the next collection year - there is also a possibility that I might be flying more than I am now.

You can also keeAMp an t for a flash sale fare- the one I'm currently on is a Ł550 in J on QR for AMS-DOH-HKG-NGO-NRT-DOH-AMS for 620TPs, the return to AMS to AMS on BA will ensure you have 2 BA eligible flights.
Wow- I'd do this not just for the MR but also for the route! May I ask what the fare rules are?
Save

Last edited by dawntreader380; May 13, 2017 at 9:53 am Reason: +
Old May 13, 2017, 12:18 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I think it's worth pointing out and fair to say that many on here may be seen to be chasing status. However actually they just enjoy flying, being at 35,000 feet looking down, get a buzz out of Aviation/Airports, going to new places etc and status comes as a consequence of that, well it did for me.
Old May 13, 2017, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PETER01
I think it's worth pointing out and fair to say that many on here may be seen to be chasing status. However actually they just enjoy flying, being at 35,000 feet looking down, get a buzz out of Aviation/Airports, going to new places etc and status comes as a consequence of that, well it did for me.
Oh yeah absolutely, sorry if I implied otherwise - if I didn't like flying and travelling I wouldn't be on here either!
Old May 13, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by dawntreader380

Wow- I'd do this not just for the MR but also for the route! May I ask what the fare rules are?
Save
Sorry don't know the fare rules, it was a flash sale during the January sale, keep an eye on the premium fare deals thread is top advice.
Old May 13, 2017, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Sorry don't know the fare rules, it was a flash sale during the January sale, keep an eye on the premium fare deals thread is top advice.
Ah OK, thank you!
Old May 13, 2017, 4:07 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by dawntreader380
Oh yeah absolutely, sorry if I implied otherwise - if I didn't like flying and travelling I wouldn't be on here either!
Hi dawntreader380 and I wasn't referring to yourself. Just a general comment that I was meaning sometimes people on here say "keep your money", "don't chase status" etc but my own view is if status comes through just travelling for pleasures sake and it's a sort of hobby too then that's a bonus!
Old May 14, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I haven't really started flying just for fun yet. Before now I have always had a specific reason to travel but the more I read this forum the more I find myself planning trips just for the pleasure of travel. I guess if you enjoy flying then it is very addictive!

I haven't yet done any runs but I am looking at LHR-HEL-TLL-HEL-LHR for November time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.