Wiki Posts
Search

Someone smoking in Galleries First

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2017, 4:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
  • Originally Posted by Scots_Al
    And what about the people who have to work in those environments?
Originally Posted by Scots_Al

I agree - the same can be said of many beer gardens / outdoor seating areas in cafes which have essentially been turned into smoking zones. The really simple answer is to ban smoking in all public places.
^

Although slightly OT for the BA board, I wholeheartedly agree.
Old May 13, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Most smokers I know are conscientious
Not the impression I get at all when I still often have to smell their smoke in different circumstances (not to mention the gunk I don't actually smell). Not to mention the cigarette butts I see often on floors. Not to mention I don't remember a feeling of "concious" when smoking was allowed in planes/restaurants. Not to mention smokers clog up our NHS...
Old May 13, 2017, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by seaskybound
Not the impression I get at all when I still often have to smell their smoke in different circumstances (not to mention the gunk I don't actually smell). Not to mention the cigarette butts I see often on floors. Not to mention I don't remember a feeling of "concious" when smoking was allowed in planes/restaurants. Not to mention smokers clog up our NHS...
I don't think anyone in this thread is condoning littering by dropping ends, or smoking on aeroplanes being reintroduced. I fully agree with you that is is antisocial behaviour. But smells? Where does that one end?
Old May 13, 2017, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Oh, the vitriol!!

I apologise to this community for my [and my wfe's] consistent 20/day habit, and for the malodorous miasma that follows us everywhere even when we're not smoking.

We do not litter, however, as we both carry these >>> https://www.amazon.com/My-Ashtray-As...F1WTMKF06H2W3T

I shall submit a bulk order >>> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Givenchy-Ge...nchy+gentleman
Old May 13, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by madfish
There is also the impact of having to sit next to a smoker. No matter how well ventilated the room is, the smoke will linger on the clothes and that may well not be very pleasant for a non-smoker sat next to a smoker on a flight.
This. Sitting next to a smoker can be up there with bad body odour on the gag scale.
Old May 13, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
Please don't, as perfume also offends my olfactory system.
Old May 13, 2017, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by T8191
You can choose a much better fragrance this, I can assure you
Old May 13, 2017, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by ObscuredByClouds
Please don't, as perfume also offends my olfactory system.
Sometimes you just can't win

rossmacd Sorry, it's an old habit and I've got stacks of the stuff (in various formats) to use up. There may well be some left when I fall off the perch
Old May 13, 2017, 5:48 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As this morning has seen personal insults being exchanged, and a definite shift so far off-topic that we're now into OMNI territory, this would appear to be a very opportune moment to quit and snuff out this thread ...

/mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.