Search

Troy Warfield to leave British Airways

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Troy Warfield to leave British Airways

Well there is a surprise, what a dreadful company BA is!

Troy Warfield, Director Customer Experience, has decided to leave British Airways.

Since joining the airline, Troy has led many customer improvements including the Gatwick and Boston Lounges, First Wing and forthcoming transformation of Club World catering, service and sleep proposition.

The process of finding a successor is now under way and an announcement will be made once an appointment is confirmed.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:47 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I think most people would regard this as bad news for passengers. The exit interview might well be interesting ...

CIHY, is this an internal announcement, or is there yet a public link we can view?
Old May 12, 2017, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It has been sent to all staff by email.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
When BA do "engineering" improvements, like the lounges and first wing, they seem to do it OK.
All the soft stuff, like basic Customer Service and Service recovery seems to be beyond them. (I exclude CC from this criticism).

Basically, who ever is "in charge" of Customer Experience needs to stand up to those who are Cruzifying CS.

For instance, nowadays they are incapable of ordering food on a Consistent basis.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:57 am
Community Director

Originally Posted by Can I help you
It has been sent to all staff by email.
Not exactly gushing in praise, is it? This doesn't sound like a happy parting of the ways ...
Old May 12, 2017, 7:59 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I think most people would regard this as bad news for passengers. The exit interview might well be interesting ...
I agree. Wasn't Troy Warfield in charge of ensuring the delivery of the improvements presented at the #BAInvesting4U event ?
Old May 12, 2017, 8:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
That is sad to learn, Troy certainly had vision and was very passionate about the future developments in Club World and the new lounges. A genuinely decent chap. I hope his replacement is equally committed to bringing in genuine improvements to the premium offerings.
Old May 12, 2017, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Not exactly gushing in praise, is it? This doesn't sound like a happy parting of the ways ...
Exactly the same when Frank decided to leave.
Old May 12, 2017, 8:02 am

I think it's bad news for passengers.

At the GGL event I was at I think it was pretty clear there was frustration within him about his ability to actually deliver even if he didn't express it directly.

He's been there 2 years. It's not an unreasonable time if he's moving onto something bigger/better and he can point to recent improvements within his resume.

If he *is* leaving due to frustration, the rest of the BA exec/IAG exec group need to take a look in the mirror as he'll be the second in a row (given he replaced van der Post).
Old May 12, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I am shocked. He has been there for less than two years IIRC.

Questions were raised about his appointment at the time but this is still a surprise

I last saw him at the Christmas F&M GGL function.
Old May 12, 2017, 8:07 am
Community Director

A business the size of BA which consistently has a large churn of senior personnel (indeed, any personnel) really ought to be examining why it's happening. Some refreshing is often a good thing in that it brings new ideas and new energy, and indeed can serve to revitalise the longer term staff. However, losing two clearly very capable, well respected, very senior employees within a fairly short time of appointment is more than careless.

It says much about culture and morale within the company, not that that's particularly news to anyone round here.
Old May 12, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Exactly the same when Frank decided to leave.
I was going to reference Frank. We felt it was bad news at the time and didn't overly welcome Troy's appointment (I recall comments about his car hire 'premium experience' etc).

either way, interesting that's he leaving after only 2 years and it'll be even more interesting as to a replacement.....
Old May 12, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
I guess any person can only take so much, trying to do a job with both hands tied behind your back must be soul destroying.
Old May 12, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Looking on the bright side he did manage to get the lounges and the first wing launched. Hopefully BA see the value of these and don't try and make enhancements to them.

It does seem that it must be a frustrating role considering Frank vdP didn't last long either.
Old May 12, 2017, 8:14 am

Its tough to sustain enthusiasm when your job is to polish the proverbial in a drastic cost-cutting environment. You run out of polish eventually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.