Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Car-Blogger 'removed due to aircraft weight' from BA flight

Car-Blogger 'removed due to aircraft weight' from BA flight

Old May 12, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
When did this actually happen? Weather in London has been crappy today, but yesterday it was really quite warm. Given the variation over the past week or so the reason could well make sense.
Old May 12, 2017, 12:35 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by obduro
When did this actually happen? Weather in London has been crappy today, but yesterday it was really quite warm. Given the variation over the past week or so the reason could well make sense.
It happened this morning

M
Old May 12, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I was meeting a friend coming in from Glasgow one Sunday afternoon and the same thing happened to a few people on a Spanish flight.they were waiting at the ticket desk and being re-accommodated out of LGW or LHR later that day or the following morning. Issued hotel vouchers, taxi vouchers and EU261 compensation cards. I'm guessing on holiday routes where there's more baggage and it's only when the captain knows the weights he makes his load decisions.
Old May 12, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
I remember being in the US and sitting on a domestic flight where they announced that the flight was too heavy and asking for two volunteers to take the flight an hour later (with compensation).

After quite a long wait, a very large lady got up and walked to the door. The crew then announced we were now fine to go.

Last laugh was on the lady though. Our plane then went tech and hers got away on time, beating us all to the destination.
Was she singing?
Old May 13, 2017, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is an occasional problem here in LAS. On the hottest of afternoons we see weather-bumped passengers without a cloud in the sky. It's a matter of hot = thin air = longer takeoff roll.
Old May 13, 2017, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by navylad
I wonder if the Z list celebrity did a DYKWIA, the honest answer of which would from me would be, no, I've no idea...
whilst Z list in terms of 'recognisable celebrity', it terms of bloggers and thus PR damage to BA, 245k followers is quite a thing.

Originally Posted by Globalist
Surely they must have had full loads at LCY before and no one had to get off?
exactly. hence the OP's question re weather is spot on because if the 190 couldn't do IBZ on a normal day with full loads, why sell the tickets. so something must have been different yesterday and I doubt it's suitcase weight.
Old May 13, 2017, 2:52 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by chris1979
whilst Z list in terms of 'recognisable celebrity', it terms of bloggers and thus PR damage to BA, 245k followers is quite a thing.
Indeed, but not in comparison to the more mainstream media and the lack of distinguishing an individual by the number of Instagram followers shows intergrity in this instance.
Old May 13, 2017, 3:55 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by navylad
Indeed, but not in comparison to the more mainstream media and the lack of distinguishing an individual by the number of Instagram followers shows intergrity in this instance.
I think you're underestimating the impact that social media influencers have. Not that it matters anyway.
Old May 13, 2017, 4:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Originally Posted by obduro
Temp, wind, pressure altitude.. all change by the minute.

Offload 200KG of water, burn 200KG of fuel on APU waiting..

Sometimes it doesn't take much to stay legal.. but it takes something.
Old May 13, 2017, 4:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I once voluteered to do that on a US airways domestic route. Only to then be called back but asked to sit in the forward part of the cabin (First!) for load balancing reasons apparently.

Obviously I didn't complain about the laws of physics having an effect on where I was asked to be seated!
Old May 13, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
How dynamic are the take off weight requirements?
i.e. Is the specific take off weight requirement calculated just before departure for each flight or at the start of the day for all flights?
Old May 13, 2017, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
The flight in question was the 0715 from City yesterday. I was on the 0640 to Ibiza and the weather in London was damp little wind and the weather in Ibiza was cloudy little wind.

The 0640 had about 10 empty seats. I booked on Thursday and then the 0715 flight showed almost totally full
Old May 13, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, VX Gold
Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
This is an occasional problem here in LAS. On the hottest of afternoons we see weather-bumped passengers without a cloud in the sky. It's a matter of hot = thin air = longer takeoff roll.
Yes Norwegian suspended summer service to LAS because they had to wait for it to cool down so often last year
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/94025902/
Old May 13, 2017, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Dambus
How dynamic are the take off weight requirements?
i.e. Is the specific take off weight requirement calculated just before departure for each flight or at the start of the day for all flights?
Just before departure.
Old May 14, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC
now on youtube:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.