Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelling hotline ticket?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Can I help you
What to make up for lack of good looks and personality?
I would never dream of being unchivalrous.
Old May 12, 2017, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Well, did you take them up on the offer?
Old May 12, 2017, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Well, did you take them up on the offer?
That, darling, is for me to know and you to find out.
Old May 12, 2017, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Darling is it, well I never guessed that.
Old May 12, 2017, 12:07 pm

Did you pay for your own ticket or did your friend? If they paid as cardholder they would be entitled to cance this just like a cardholder could cancel a regular ticket if they booked for someone else. To cancel in mmb they would need the full card number.
Old May 12, 2017, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The OP says that they paid for it with the own card in the first post.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by DrBernardo
I think they meant they were too old to bother with the faff of using concessions, rather than being ineligible ;-)
Only saw the replies now, I am over 24 and my Dad my step mum & little sister were on it. He has now retired after 45 years! So only has one person on his concession now unfortunately. I did manage to get one of his bookables to SFO before he went. Fortunately I have accumulated a lot of airmiles to soften the blow of no favours from the staff.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
He can chop and change his companion every six months? Surely you can have a go at the concession and then he can change back to the step mum ?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by jonas123
Hotline is not really a huge advantage, just a little saving off the quoted price most of the time. I have had quite a few people ask me if i can get them cheap flights, but most of the time the saving isn't worth the stress
18 months ago when you could get OSL-SYD in J for Ł1,700 it was Ł1,450 on Hotline - bearing in mind you could bring this down chucking a few Avios off the final price that's a pretty good deal. Currently around Ł2,000 which is still excellent value
Old Aug 1, 2017, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
He can chop and change his companion every six months? Surely you can have a go at the concession and then he can change back to the step mum ?
Unfortunately not once he is retired. As if I went back on I would have to be a travel companion which means we would have to travel together. Which would be fun for me and Dad but my step mum wouldn't be overly impressed with us drinking our way round the world. Really bad timing as my gf lives in SF now, so could really do with the cheap flights.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You don't have to fly with him as a travel companion on BA flights, you do have to fly with him on other airlines we have agreements with.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 5:27 am

You don't have to fly with him as a travel companion on BA flights, you do have to fly with him on other airlines we have agreements with.
I am not sure this works once they retire. Reading through the rules

Friend; child over 24 years of age; partner of natural parent is classed as a travel companion.

Would be amazing if I missed something and could get staff travel back!
Old Aug 1, 2017, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Travel companions can travel on their own.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 6:35 am

I really want this to be right! As it would make the world of difference to me. If you search answer 10746 in the Former Staff FAQs it contradicts this. If you have any further info that would be great.

Sorry everyone for hijacking the thread.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not able to see the retired staff travel information but this is the rule for current staff,
All nominees, including Travel Companions, can travel unaccompanied on BA flights. Exception - children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult on the same ticket type.
What information do you see that makes you think that retired staff rules are different?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.