Wiki Posts
Search

Reward map no more

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Brown
Reward map no more

Hello, have been told by BA that the reward map will no longer be on their website. I don't normally have a go at BA as they generally do what I want, but it was such a good tool to look for reward availability. Mainly in the sense that you could look for somewhere nearby to where you wanted to go if no availability. Just does not seem to make any sense.

FP
Old May 11, 2017, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I suspect it was a bug-ridden corner of the crumpled BA IT system that they felt they could do without. Let's face it, they can't even fix the existing bugs in other areas of ba.com.
Old May 11, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Fatpenguin
Hello, have been told by BA that the reward map will no longer be on their website. I don't normally have a go at BA as they generally do what I want, but it was such a good tool to look for reward availability. Mainly in the sense that you could look for somewhere nearby to where you wanted to go if no availability. Just does not seem to make any sense.

FP
Where did you hear that from, out of curiosity? I tweeted BA a few weeks ago who told me at the time it was taken offline because it wasn't working - but it would be back once fixed.
Old May 11, 2017, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ISTR seeing that on the BA Twitter feed in the last couple of days.
Old May 11, 2017, 7:00 am
Original Poster

This was on twitter, that they told me. "this has been removed. Please use the Reward Flight Finder tool instead. ^Chris"

Last edited by Fatpenguin; May 11, 2017 at 7:11 am
Old May 11, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by Fatpenguin
Please use the Reward Flight Finder tool instead.
Which brings up the usual

Sorry

Sorry, there seems to be a technical problem. Please try again in a few minutes, and please contact us if it still doesn't work.

We apologise for the inconvenience
Old May 11, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: BAEC (blue), VS Flying Club (red), Hotels.com (silver!), IHG, Amex, TopCashback, Tesco...
It's (still) still there:

BA.com>Exec Club>Spend Avios>Top availability routes - scroll down to "finding the reward flight you want is easy" 🤣 And Find out more!
Old May 11, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by hedgehopper
It's (still) still there:

BA.com>Exec Club>Spend Avios>Top availability routes - scroll down to "finding the reward flight you want is easy" 🤣 And Find out more!
It's here:

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...|||||L2|||||||
Old May 11, 2017, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks, have found it, but what a long way round and can not understand why the twitter team said it had gone.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Neither of those methods showed me anything but the non map finder, or a technical error message.
Old May 11, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, whatever is saved on the Sky box
Originally Posted by Smid
Neither of those methods showed me anything but the non map finder, or a technical error message.
​​​​​​​Were you logged in to your EC account? It's not available otherwise.
Old May 11, 2017, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Weird, when BA twitter Team say it's gone
Old May 11, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAEC (blue), VS Flying Club (red), Hotels.com (silver!), IHG, Amex, TopCashback, Tesco...
Originally Posted by T8191
Weird, when BA twitter Team say it's gone
They probably can't find it! Perhaps they are trying to hide it to all but real diehards while it is "getting fixed". I can do dummy bookings with the odd error message as usual when selecting flights...

...Or it is being slowly and quietly enhanced... although as of last week the "find reward flights" box on the front page of the beta site still also linked to it. I quite like the map as I am very flexible on date and destination...the app search tool also seems to suit my purposes though.
Old May 12, 2017, 2:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by sjc2679
​​​​​​​Were you logged in to your EC account? It's not available otherwise.
Could be an outdated chrome thing, but yes I was logged on, it would be a bit silly looking otherwise...
Old May 26, 2017, 1:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ba.com
"Explorer Map
Sorry, our Explorer Map is temporarily unavailable.

We’re working hard to fix the problem. In the meantime, try Flight Finder for another great way to explore where your Avios can take you"
Seems to be all the way dead now ... just when I wanted to find something last minute for the weekend

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.