Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Avios.com bookings - changing inbound date after departure of outbound possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avios.com bookings - changing inbound date after departure of outbound possible?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 4:41 am
Original Poster

I have a return booking made through avios.com using a Lloyds voucher. The inbound wasn't available for the date I wanted so I booked a date in the future.

I'm pretty sure I can change the inbound prior to departure of the outbound, but does anyone have experience of making such a change after departure of outbound? Note this is date change only, not routing change.

The avios T&C suggest it isn't possible, but we know the BAEC terms say the same thing and such changes definitely are possible in BAEC.

Originally Posted by Avios.com (and BAEC) Terms
All permitted changes are subject to capacity limitations and may not be made after the time 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure of the first flight in the Reward travel itinerary.
I've seen a few threads discussing avios.com/Lloyds voucher changes, but haven't found a definitive answer on this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Thought I'd answer my own question here as reference for others.

I did managed to change the inbound of an avios.com booking after having flown the outbound. However the agent made clear that this is not usually allowed and she was doing it as an exception .

I'm not sure why she did this for me voluntarily. Possibly because she had first spent a while checking whether the date I wanted to change to was allowed, as it was at the very end of the 12m ticket validity - i.e. ticket originally issued on 15 Apr 2017, changing inbound to a TATL dep 14 Apr 2018 arr 15 Apr 2018. So she first put me on hold to check if the validity was ok, came back and said it was, and I think only then realised that I had already flown the outbound (I had been careful not to highlight this to her!). So maybe it was a case of 'well I've already told him it's ok so I'll let him do it', or maybe not.

Anyway it was then a bit of a faff for her to actually process the change - emphasising she couldn't do it 'the normal way' because I'd already flown. She was very nice about it though, made the reservation, took the change fee and said it would be sent off for ticketing same day. No email confirmation but I was able to select seat immediately and see ticket number in the app shortly after, and later called BA who confirmed it's all ticketed.

So in summary - I was able do it on this occasion but I wouldn't bank on doing so again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.