Wiki Posts
Search

CW and First Experience

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
CW and First Experience

Speaking for myself, it's always easier to post negative experiences online rather than positive just because disappointment/annoyance can be a more motivating factor to post than satisfaction with something can be :-)

So I thought I'd post a couple of positive experiences on my recent flights to and from Japan with BA. Not going to go into great detail, just an overview.

CW LHR to NRT
First time in the 787-9 with BA in CW and was really impressed. Seat was nice and everything felt a lot newer and shinier than my last CW in a 777. Service was initially a bit dodgy but once a very nice Irish CC member took over our side of the cabin it all went very smoothly and he was a delight.
Food was fine, nothing memorable but at the same time no problems with anything. Wine was good and my glass was continually topped up, only downside was that both reds were very strong on the alcohol percentage wise

NRT to LHR First
My first First and was really impressed with it. Great to have the big TV screen to watch movies on particularly as it was a day flight. Staff were very good and helpful. Food was good for me although my wife was disappointed that she didn't get her first choice starter and main for lunch and also her first choice for the light meal later in the flight.
Only minor thing was that my glass of wine did seem to be topped up more frequently in CW and I had to ask a few times for top ups but that's such a minor issue that I feel a bit bad mentioning it. Overall it was excellent, although whether I would pay the extra again over CW I'm not totally sure.

I suppose to illustrate that it isn't always like that, there was a group of four people in First with us who said it was the best First flight they'd ever been on with BA. When they'd flown BA to HKG in First on the A380 a few weeks earlier it was dreadful (mainly due to the CC) and the worst First experience they'd ever had so I may have been lucky.

Anyway, overall both flights were great and particularly the staff on both flights which yet again shows that an experienced CC can really make the difference, and it's one of BA's strengths (for now until they move on some of the more experience ones :-/
Old May 11, 2017, 3:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Eskimoboy
only downside was that both reds were very strong on the alcohol percentage wise
You say this like it is a bad thing

Good to get feedback and glad you enjoyed your flights! I'm looking forward to flying 789 F at some point.
Old May 11, 2017, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by obduro
You say this like it is a bad thing

Good to get feedback and glad you enjoyed your flights! I'm looking forward to flying 789 F at some point.
Ha true! Well I wouldn't have minded a lighter one to start off with before moving on the super strong one but it was a very very minor quibble :-)
Old May 12, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
I think in the air you can effectively double the stated alcohol concentration to work out its effect!
Old May 12, 2017, 2:07 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Thansk for sharing. As someone who no longer drinks, it is quite amusing seeing people get a little tipsy on a. Flight- passes the time I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.