BA and Doha

Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC
Glad I stumbled on this thread! Booked CW reward flights on BA123 for 08/04/19 for the family and we are spending a week in Doha for the first time. I have seen the customer guidelines on BA which go up to 04/03/19 - is this something that just keeps being extended, or should I expect the flight to go ahead as I've heard nothing from BA?

My main concern is a hotel booking which can only be cancelled FOC before 04/03 - according to what I've read here I will be offered QR alternatives if affected, rather than just be cancelled?

Just another thought - as I have redeemed a 2-4-1 voucher, would this affect the ability to move to a non-BA flight?

Last edited by dadio77; Feb 9, 2019 at 2:01 pm Reason: additional question
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
You will be moved to a QR flight on the same day if your flight does get cancelled.
dadio77 likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:14 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dadio77
Glad I stumbled on this thread! Booked CW reward flights on BA123 for 08/04/19 for the family and we are spending a week in Doha for the first time. I have seen the customer guidelines on BA which go up to 04/03/19 - is this something that just keeps being extended, or should I expect the flight to go ahead as I've heard nothing from BA?

My main concern is a hotel booking which can only be cancelled FOC before 04/03 - according to what I've read here I will be offered QR alternatives if affected, rather than just be cancelled?

Just another thought - as I have redeemed a 2-4-1 voucher, would this affect the ability to move to a non-BA flight?

you would just get moved to a QR flight and as there are several a day to DOH there should be something that works for you. The rebooking guidelines also cover reward bookings too.
dadio77 likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by dadio77

What are the chances - I am also booked onto BA123 on 08/04/2019 in CW using a 241 for me and the mrs. Keeping an eye out on any news of any cancellations.

Is it bad to hope to be rebooked onto QR...
dadio77 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by aswat300

What are the chances - I am also booked onto BA123 on 08/04/2019 in CW using a 241 for me and the mrs. Keeping an eye out on any news of any cancellations.

Is it bad to hope to be rebooked onto QR...
well the times are much better with QR (if you get much of a choice)!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I am booked to fly BA LHR-DOH-LHR in A Class (revenue ticket) during the month of may.

If the flights are canceled, will I be switched to QR operated metal in F class or I will be downgraded to J?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I am booked to fly BA LHR-DOH-LHR in A Class (revenue ticket) during the month of may.

If the flights are canceled, will I be switched to QR operated metal in F class or I will be downgraded to J?
current guideline as posted above say you would be rebooked on QR F.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
I just noticed from May 10 to May 28 inclusive, all fare classes for BA flight 122 DOH-LHR are zeroed out. Looks like light loads on my flight date (May 16) as I am the only seat occupied in F. Only 15 seats occupied in the entire plane. I'm thinking about calling AA and having them change me to the 1:40 AM QR flight, which is the only other flight from DOH to LHR with F since QR dropped their daytime F flight a few months ago (when I switched to the BA daytime flight).
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: Tesco Clubcard, Heathrow Rewards, M&S Sparks, Caff Nero, HSBC rewards... BAEC defector
Not really sure where to post this, so please help move the post where necessary.

Has anyone else been having problems having the BA122/BA123 Avios/TPs posted, when they're booked as QR codeshares? I've been able to credit other QR codeshares, just not the ones with BA.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
I just noticed from May 10 to May 28 inclusive, all fare classes for BA flight 122 DOH-LHR are zeroed out. Looks like light loads on my flight date (May 16) as I am the only seat occupied in F. Only 15 seats occupied in the entire plane. I'm thinking about calling AA and having them change me to the 1:40 AM QR flight, which is the only other flight from DOH to LHR with F since QR dropped their daytime F flight a few months ago (when I switched to the BA daytime flight).
Any notification from BA? BA122/123 still zeroed out on those dates.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by bchang
Any notification from BA? BA122/123 still zeroed out on those dates.
No, a few days ago I just went ahead and switched to the 1:40 AM QR 9 flight. RTW ticket so no charge for time, date and/or carrier changes. Only downside is I now have a full day at LHR before my CX flight to HKG. Still shows as zeroed out across all fare codes. We'll see if it was a good move.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer

Some might say that BA F to QR J, especially if QSuites, isnt a downgrade. I just did four segments this weekend on QR J including two QSuites and was most impressed. The level of personal service is just as good: they seem to dedicate crew to cover small sections so theres always a familiar face. 8 crew cover 42 seat J, and 7 in 36 seat J. This is almost the same pax:crew ratio as BA F. All thats missing is cloth towels and flowers, and the loo ratio is 4 to 42 pax, or 3 to 36 pax compared to BAs 2 to 14 or 1 to 8, but most of the bathrooms are significantly bigger compared to BA F. Pretty much everything else is on a par or better than BA F IME.

Bearing in mind I used to travel QR F to BKK frequently until they removed the A380 from BKK, I am struggling to think why you would even consider QR F anymore as long as you take your own caviar with you on board.

Ive also done a few BA F to and from Doha over the past couple of years, they were all very empty, with only one or two other pax, plus one where I was the only pax in the cabin. I would imagine theres a strategic reason for them maintaining the route.
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
I have today booked a LHR-DOH-LHR flight for later this week and early next week in WTP. Expertflyer says no Avios upgrades available for either BA123 on 25 April or BA122 on 29 April. MMB not allowing Avios upgrade, either, despite the flights being wide open in all classes. Perhaps there will be a POUG offer at some point; it looks as though the flights are going to be fairly empty so you'd have thought the revenue management would want to extract every last penny of potential sales on the route. I will wait and see.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:19 am

I was on the phone with BA just now about a booking and just happened to ask if there were any cancellations on the 122/123. The agent mentioned an email had went out this morning on cancellations just for May 27 and May 28, the 123 and 122 respectively.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
BA122 on 10 May cancelled-rebooked onto a q-suite a350 flight leaving just over an hour later, cant complain.

Did have to call to get sensible seat allocation but otherwise smooth. Booking was via QR not BA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.