Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Doha

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Hi Everyone, any update on when the BA flights to DOH are/will be resuming? Just curious to know if BA metal is likely to fly to DOH even though the website says it will start soon
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by salehir
Hi Everyone, any update on when the BA flights to DOH are/will be resuming? Just curious to know if BA metal is likely to fly to DOH even though the website says it will start soon
Did they adopt the Qatari definition of "soon"?
frandrake and wilsnunn like this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: Some
I notice BA has yet to cancel DOH flights for December. Anyone have any insight into whether this is because the RR-related issues are reducing or just because BA haven’t got around to cancelling them yet?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: Some
To answer my own question, BA123 is resuming service to DOH from today for the first time in the best part of a year. Let's see if it sticks given today's flight looks to be pretty empty.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
To answer my own question, BA123 is resuming service to DOH from today for the first time in the best part of a year. Let's see if it sticks given today's flight looks to be pretty empty.
It looks like it has just pushed back. G-ZBKD.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
And how about the cargo Load now the all cargo flight has been reduced to 3 per week?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:12 am

Thanks, Lost_In_Translation. I'be been waiting for news on this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:15 am

I'm due on this flight on 22nd Jan - is this a loss leader for some weird reason ??
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Mistake

Last edited by AdBoy; Dec 31, 2018 at 11:34 am
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
So LHR-DOH has been my most frequently travelled route of the last 12 months, and I wasn't looking forward to the BA flights returning, as I do enjoy QR's Y service.

I booked two redemption over Christmas LHR-DOH (Y) 18th Dec, DOH-LHR (W/GUF2) 24th Dec, LHR-DOH (W/GUF2) 28th Dec, DOH-LHR (Y) 1st Jan.

I was expecting (hoping) for BA122/3 to be cancelled again and rebooked on QR, but ended up flying on BA metal as booked. However, I've flown BA 184 times in all of my flying, and never once been upgraded - yet 3 out of my last 4 flights were upgraded. Twice from Y to W before flying in MMB, and once onboard from W to J by the CSM after takeoff. Most strange that I've never been upgraded and then suddenly had 3 out of 4 flights bumped up. Perhaps something to do with me flying mostly with QR this year? Some kind of algorithm trying to win back my business?

Either way, it was a weirdly pleasant experience, despite 3 of 4 sectors being typically late. So maybe after all I don't mind BA and Doha!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:13 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Anyone know why BA seems to no longer sell tickets on the Doha route between 17 Feb-March 10? Another suspension?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:55 am

First time posting. I have a 241 reward booking to Doha late Feb, return early March (out Club/back 1st) and therefore was concerned to hear more cancellations...especially as we have onward (separate tickets) bookings with QR. I just phoned the gold line expecting a difficult conversation but 10 minutes later rebooked on QR from LHR with good (similar) times, no problems and no push back. Naturally, we are happier to be on QR all the way. Good service from the Gold Line and thanks to FT for alerting me!
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Let me greet you to the BA forum FoDflyer and welcome you to Flyertalk as well. I'm glad you were happy with outcome but actually it's really at WTP level that there have been problems with flight swaps. I hope the trip goes well for you.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: 𓂀
Originally Posted by FoDflyer
First time posting. I have a 241 reward booking to Doha late Feb, return early March (out Club/back 1st) and therefore was concerned to hear more cancellations...especially as we have onward (separate tickets) bookings with QR. I just phoned the gold line expecting a difficult conversation but 10 minutes later rebooked on QR from LHR with good (similar) times, no problems and no push back. Naturally, we are happier to be on QR all the way. Good service from the Gold Line and thanks to FT for alerting me!
Good for them and you sir.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Plat
Have a 2 for 1 redemption in F for DOH - LHR on the 3rd of March. Called YouFirst who confirmed it looks like the flight is no longer happening but they don't yet have a policy on rebooking. They said to call back in 2 days.

Am I likely to get rebooked onto QR F? If I get booked onto QR J what compensation should they provide?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.