BA and Doha

Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:24 am

Programs: HH-D / IHG-Sp / Marriott-P / LH-SEN / BA-S
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Indeed 75% of the flight price, but you need to exclude some fees and taxes, so it's never going to be as much as 75% of what you paid. You should do some calculations to see if this is the best option compared to refund and rebooking elsewhere.
Agreed. The price was about 218 EUR fare, 88 EUR governmental charge (PSC, Airport tax etc.) and 170 EUR BA Safety Surcharge.
What the heck is BA Safety surcharge? This should be included in that 75%, right?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by sch7458
Agreed. The price was about 218 EUR fare, 88 EUR governmental charge (PSC, Airport tax etc.) and 170 EUR BA Safety Surcharge.
What the heck is BA Safety surcharge? This should be included in that 75%, right?
I would need to look at the full breakdown to be certain, but that sounds like the Carrier Surcharge, which would indeed be rebated at 75%. The 88 would not be rebated (unless there was a lower rate for the lower cabin, which could be the case if UK APD applied). But assuming it was 218 base fare (?) + 170 carrier surcharge then you would be looking at a potential 291 refund. BA also have an involuntary refund amount but in this case it may be less.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:48 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Yes - inserting random characters into a word, normally the first character is added instead of the space (as in the highlighted part above)?

I'm having this on both my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and Tabs S3.

Are you using Swiftkey Keyboard by any chance? That's what I'm using on both devices.

Only affects FT...

I'll report it in the Tech Help section.
Looks like an issue with Swiftkey - fix in the next version :-

https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/0...disqus-chrome/

Sorry for the Off Topic posts.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: HH-D / IHG-Sp / Marriott-P / LH-SEN / BA-S
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I would need to look at the full breakdown to be certain, but that sounds like the Carrier Surcharge, which would indeed be rebated at 75%. The 88 would not be rebated (unless there was a lower rate for the lower cabin, which could be the case if UK APD applied). But assuming it was 218 base fare (?) + 170 carrier surcharge then you would be looking at a potential 291 refund. BA also have an involuntary refund amount but in this case it may be less.
For the 88 EUR it should not come to the 75% calculation - agreed, it's what BA has to pay to government / airports anyway. But I'm still wondering why they keep renaming it every 2 years?? i.e Fuel surcharge to International surcharge, Carrier surcharge, safety surcharge, or any other surcharges they would like to rename it...
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by sch7458
For the 88 EUR it should not come to the 75% calculation - agreed, it's what BA has to pay to government / airports anyway. But I'm still wondering why they keep renaming it every 2 years?? i.e Fuel surcharge to International surcharge, Carrier surcharge, safety surcharge, or any other surcharges they would like to rename it...
Next name being beer fund surcharge.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by flatlander
Are BA protecting people in F onto QR F even if they are Avios tickets?

A few weeks ago there were reports of downgrades from BA F to QR J on Avios. People could get the Avios cost difference back, but that's probably not exactly what they were hoping for when they booked BA F or they'd just have booked BA J or QR J in the first place.
that would be an upgrade right?
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Just boarded todays flight in Doha which seems pretty full, so I am guessing if this is an indication (albeit it is Friday) that demand isn't the issue. And as a bonus, they moved me up to First for the first time in a couple of years so I end up in a seat that is almost as good as the QR business one I flew here on from China!
710 77345 and DYKWIA like this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by brentford77
Just boarded todays flight in Doha which seems pretty full, so I am guessing if this is an indication (albeit it is Friday) that demand isn't the issue. And as a bonus, they moved me up to First for the first time in a couple of years so I end up in a seat that is almost as good as the QR business one I flew here on from China!

Generally BA's DOH LHR service is as full as the LHR DOH one is empty. Unless they are slowly emptying Qatar, I'm guessing it's the convenience of QR v BA connections in LHR that is driving the anomaly.

But that observation is from my regular trips in the economy cabin - stretched out over three seats on the overnight from LHR, jammed in on the day flight back. I know nothing of World Beyond the Curtain.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Flight resuming?

Hi, does anyone know if this flight is definitely going to resume in September or if there are plans for the cancellations to continue? I ask as I am due to travel mid September on a reward ticket and was secretly hoping to get QR.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
I don't think anyone knows - the respective cancellation periods were announced at short notice. It's certainly the first route BA will drop if they need to send the 787s elsewhere though.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 2:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Traffordtraveller
was secretly hoping to get QR.
No need to keep it a secret! A significant percentage of those who frequent this forum would hold similar hopes.
oxfordjames likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:12 pm
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
im booked on QR ticket with QR flight number. im assuming if this gets cancelled then QR will just accomodate me on the next available QR flight and none of these rules about flights being excluded?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by flylikelinz
im booked on QR ticket with QR flight number. im assuming if this gets cancelled then QR will just accomodate me on the next available QR flight and none of these rules about flights being excluded?
yes you would need to contact QR for rebooking
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I am booked on BA Doha flight 3 times in H1 2019, I am quite looking forward to the 789, but equally I wouldnt mind the swap to QR F or QR J and downgrade compensation
haroon145 and teledude like this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
With so many cancellations, how is BA managing the LHR 'use it or lose it' slot rule? I doubt they have operated the flight on 80% of days!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.