Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Doha

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2017, 4:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Skyrocker
I have managed to get rerouted with BA on the LHR-RUH flight instead of LHR-DOH-RUH. One thing that is confusing is the baggage allowance, Would a BAEC silver member get 2x30kg allowance as QR allowance in Y is 30kg, or the normal BA Y allowance 2x23kg?
The normal Y long haul allowance for a BA silver is 2 x 32kg - there is a heavy bag supplement to pay for bags between 23kg and 32kg but this is waived for silver and gold cards.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: Some
The end of LHR-DOH?

Just had a notification that my BA DOH-LHR F flight in May is cancelled. Looking at the schedule appears there may be no more BA flights to DOH after March until July.

Last edited by lost_in_translation; Feb 28, 2018 at 7:22 am
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:11 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Marriott, HH, Hertz PC
For the time being at least. Excerpt from the customer guidelines email that I received:

"British Airways have cancelled the BA123/25 March - 30 June 2018 (London Heathrow - Doha) and BA122/26 March - 1 July 2018 (Doha - London Heathrow) and has secured a re-protection agreement with Qatar Airways (QR)".
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:16 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Just had a notification that my BA DOH-LHR F flight in May is cancelled. Looking at the schedule appears they may be no more BA flights to DOH after March until July.
Good news then you've been upgraded!

I came back from DOH yesterday - first trip on the A35K which was on its fourth trip, it's quieter than the A359 and has the Q-suite which although business class is excellent. Try and re-book on that if you can.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:22 am

Just had a notification that my BA DOH-LHR F flight in May is cancelled. Looking at the schedule appears they may be no more BA flights to DOH after March until July.
Not a chance with the huge cargo volumes going to DOH. With all the BA and QR flights they still need a dedicated freighter 4 days a week. I suspect this is more to do with resources being shuffled around to use the newly acquired slots.
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Suspect this is a result of the 787 engine issues.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:32 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Bear in mind, that passenger numbers tend to drop between the ME and Europe over Ramadan (this year 15 May - 14 June).

M
Calchas likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Are BA protecting people in F onto QR F even if they are Avios tickets?

A few weeks ago there were reports of downgrades from BA F to QR J on Avios. People could get the Avios cost difference back, but that's probably not exactly what they were hoping for when they booked BA F or they'd just have booked BA J or QR J in the first place.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: BA G; AY Basic; HHonors G; Marriott S
Originally Posted by flatlander

A few weeks ago there were reports of downgrades from BA F to QR J on Avios. People could get the Avios cost difference back, but that's probably not exactly what they were hoping for when they booked BA F or they'd just have booked BA J or QR J in the first place.
Consider yourself being upgraded and getting some Avios back (of course in case you are in QR J)
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by flatlander

No, BA policy is not to allow rebooking onto QR F as it isn't covered by the agreement (I called BA this afternoon to ask) - haven't rebooked yet as considering whether I want to go for a Qsuites flight or the better timed A380.

To be honest, I might have booked QR J instead in the first place if there was availability (but through QRPC), however BA F has far, far more availability on the route than QR J.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: HH-D / IHG-Sp / Marriott-P / LH-SEN / BA-S
My flight between LHR and DOH for April 2018 is now cancelled through BA. The original booking was in W+ / Premium Economy. The outbound flight MCT-LHR (also WT+) is still there.
Now they want to rebook me on QR, however QR does not have any PE, mostprobably I will be downgraded on QR.
According to EC261, I should be entitled to 75% of the flight price, right? But how do they calculate the portion for the downgraded segment? Just 50% or what? The route is: DUS-LHR-DOH//MCT-LHR-DUS
Also if I opt for the downgrade, I might get smaller number of Avios and Elite TP right?

Another option I'm thinking is re-routing instead of downgrading. BA still flies to KWI with WT+. But they're saying it's more than 300 miles so that they can't re-route to Kuwait (WTH ?!?!).
EC261 doesn't specify that the alternative airport must be within 300 miles from the original destination.
Do you think it is possible to re-route to Kuwait? I think there are still couple flights to DOH there.
Alternatively I can imagine to fly to DXB, AUH, or BAH (within 300 miles from DOH) and then from there buy ticket on my own to DOH (with extra transit in KWI/BEY/MCT/.....) - but is there any compensation for a ticket that I bought on my own?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA
No, BA policy is not to allow rebooking onto QR F as it isn't covered by the agreement (I called BA this afternoon to ask) - haven't rebooked yet as considering whether I want to go for a Qsuites flight or the better timed A380.

To be honest, I might have booked QR J instead in the first place if there was availability (but through QRPC), however BA F has far, far more availability on the route than QR J.
Not exactly. We received the same cancellation notice for 4 of us this morning. Quick call to YouFirst and now rebooked on QR in F on the A380.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by FSHHUNT
Not exactly. We received the same cancellation notice for 4 of us this morning. Quick call to YouFirst and now rebooked on QR in F on the A380.
Were yours Avios bookings?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by sch7458
My flight between LHR and DOH for April 2018 is now cancelled through BA. The original booking was in W+ / Premium Economy. The outbound flight MCT-LHR (also WT+) is still there.
Now they want to rebook me on QR, however QR does not have any PE, mostprobably I will be downgraded on QR.
According to EC261, I should be entitled to 75% of the flight price, right? But how do they calculate the portion for the downgraded segment? Just 50% or what? The route is: DUS-LHR-DOH//MCT-LHR-DUS
Also if I opt for the downgrade, I might get smaller number of Avios and Elite TP right?

Another option I'm thinking is re-routing instead of downgrading. BA still flies to KWI with WT+. But they're saying it's more than 300 miles so that they can't re-route to Kuwait (WTH ?!?!).
EC261 doesn't specify that the alternative airport must be within 300 miles from the original destination.
Do you think it is possible to re-route to Kuwait? I think there are still couple flights to DOH there.
Alternatively I can imagine to fly to DXB, AUH, or BAH (within 300 miles from DOH) and then from there buy ticket on my own to DOH (with extra transit in KWI/BEY/MCT/.....) - but is there any compensation for a ticket that I bought on my own?
Is your intended destination Doha? If so why make your life much harder adding tricky connections in the current situation, as opposed to accepting Y direct with some comp? Pick the QR A380 and the difference to WT+ really is not worth the hassle of going via DXB/AUH/BAH/KWI!
Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by simons1
Were yours Avios bookings?
Yes. using an Amex voucher + upgrade voucher. We now have to deal with an infant and no bassinet seat. However, I'm not complaining
Ldnn1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.