FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   GGL event [Fortnum & Mason on 4 July 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1841839-ggl-event-fortnum-mason-4-july-2017-a.html)

Irish lad May 10, 2017 1:33 pm

GGL event [Fortnum & Mason on 4 July 2017]

All,

I did a search but could not find anything. Is there a thread for the Fortnum & Mason event on 4 July 2017? I received an invite two days ago (for some reason missed it in my inbox) but not can not see the usual discussion about these things on the forum. It is hosted by Alex Crux and the Senior Management Committee after all...

Irish lad

BAGoldBoy May 10, 2017 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Irish lad (Post 28294184)
All,

I did a search but could not find anything. Is there a thread for the Fortnum & Mason event on 4 July 2017? I received an invite two days ago (for some reason missed it in my inbox) but not can not see the usual discussion about these things on the forum. It is hosted by Alex Crux and the Senior Management Committee after all...

Irish lad

There are a number of BA GGL events at F&M. I have been offered two dates but as luck would have it am travelling with BA on both dates!

DoctorCopper May 10, 2017 1:49 pm

Irish Lad, Alex Cruz should be there on 4 July. My invitation stated: As a valued Gold Guest list customer, we’d like to invite you and a guest to the British Airways Summer Reception hosted by Chairman and Chief Executive Alex Cruz and the Management Committee.

Doc. Copper

BA038_Passenger May 10, 2017 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Irish lad (Post 28294184)
All,

Irish lad

I think there is one of these, or another event pretty much monthly?

I went to one a couple of years ago, was invited to the Flying Start one last year, but nothing since. No idea what the invite criteria is, apart from being GGL obviously.

mikebg May 10, 2017 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by DoctorCopper (Post 28294267)
Irish Lad, Alex Cruz should be there on 4 July. My invitation stated: As a valued Gold Guest list customer, we’d like to invite you and a guest to the British Airways Summer Reception hosted by Chairman and Chief Executive Alex Cruz and the Management Committee.

Doc. Copper

Well, at the event I went to in April Troy Warfield was meant to be present but he wasn't. So I wouldn't get too excited about actually meeting Cruz.

TabTraveller May 10, 2017 3:50 pm

I think this event may be a bit different as it allows guests and specifically mentions Cruz. I'll be going!

Fitch May 10, 2017 10:47 pm

Me too, and my +1 :)

MSPeconomist May 10, 2017 10:49 pm

How nice that BA is celebrating USA Independence Day (aka the Fourth of July national holiday).

jason8612 May 11, 2017 1:27 am

No invite here :(

ThatT1Feeling May 11, 2017 1:30 am

I'm beginning to think that BA has lost my email address... :(

msm2000uk May 11, 2017 1:46 am

Deleted

Discovery Bay May 11, 2017 4:17 am

I think that you INVITEES start these threads about F & M events in order to irritate the neglected undervalued "self loading freight" who never get an invite!

:p

(NB. Please continue to report back with snippets of information though! ;))

Fitch May 11, 2017 4:26 am

I'm only going so I can have a good moan :)

johnaalex May 11, 2017 4:55 am

If anybody wants to take me as their guest I'm available! ;)

squeeler May 11, 2017 6:10 am

I had to decline an invite as I will be away. However, they offered me an alternative date, but with no guest. Pleased anyhow to go.