Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL event [Fortnum & Mason on 4 July 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:07 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Raffles
Don't want to disappoint you, but Anika and I had a HFP meeting the other day and I specifically told her to visibly make notes, as well as drawing some circles and arrows on the page, to give a certain impression. I also turned up with a notepad which I never, ever do usually :-)
hahaha.

you didn't flatter me though last week so that's where you fell down.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
If you don't mind me saying so, you have become rather cynical in your postings regarding BA here in recent times. Something not missed by other FTers I've spoken to recently.
I agree. Couple of reasons:

* I have access to info which is not always public and therefore have a deeper idea of what is happening than other people

* HFP is an aspirational site and venting on their doesn't really go with the tone I try to set, so I bring it over here!

* 13 years on FT means that you've pretty much seen everything come around before and you know how the story ends

* 16 years in Private Equity, including a number of years as a board member of one of the UK's biggest names, means that I have seen more cost-cutting programmes than is good for anyone. Most of the time they don't work. You can't cut your way to growth. The best deals we ever did were where the business had good plans for investment, which the previous owners had not been willing to provide, and where we were happy to fund it.

* Having done Etihad F, Emirates F and Lufty F in the last 3 months, I doubt anyone can blame me for occasional BA cynicism :-)

That said, I thought my recent BA F review was the most positive BA F piece I'd seen in a while!

Last edited by Raffles; Jul 6, 2017 at 3:14 am
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:11 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by chris1979
I had a very nice long chat with a lady who sits on IAG and BA boards (she told me and my guest that we must be the best looking men in the room - she had won us over before we even started chatting )
I was impressed at how well behaved her guide dog was!

Originally Posted by chris1979
nice to chat to a few FTers - sorry didnt spot you Canuck. the low point was probably Filthy Monkey misbehaving..... love you FM!
You said, 'Be on your best behaviour'. That was my best behaviour! I'm afraid that's as good as it gets
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
You said, 'Be on your best behaviour'. That was my best behaviour! I'm afraid that's as good as it gets
I had indeed asked you to be on your best behaviour.

That did not mean loudly announcing "Chris1979 asked me to be on my best behaviour" as soon as you saw me................

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.