Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is a T5 departure just for CCR worth it?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 2:10 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by KARFA
I think the issues with the QF lounge were early just after it opened. I don't think it seems to be a problem now.
Indeed. The only recent issue has been with respect to guesting. Going off recent discussions (arguments!), the QF lounge somehow believes the guest must be travelling on the same flight as the Emerald.
Old May 10, 2017, 8:59 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by eae
No, not even in the same league. I'd argue the CX SFO lounge is the worst oneworld lounge at SFO. It is loud, crowded, and has worse F&B options than even the Admirals Club. They have the over rated noodle bar with freeze dried ramen but that's it.

Regardless it is not available for domestic AA departures as AA departs out of T2 which does not have an air-side connection to the international terminal.

You'll have access to the Admirals Club in T2 however.

As for oneworld lounges in the international terminal the BA one is by far my favorite. It's a bit on the small side but the staff is fantastic and the beverage options are great. No food to speak of.

The JAL one is dark and dated but tends to be less crowded and quieter than the CX one.
Not that you would want to as it would mean an extra trip through security, but SFO and LAX allow you to access any terminal with a same day boarding pass. This is useful at SFO if you have an Amex platinum or centurion card as you can access the Centurion lounge in T3 as well.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by KARFA
I think the issues with the QF lounge were early just after it opened. I don't think it seems to be a problem now.
Agreed, I've never had an issue, and have also had no problem guesting a friend that was flying to a different destination.
Old May 11, 2017, 3:09 am
WSM

Funny. I am debating this myself at the minute. Upper Deck 747 is special - there is no doubt about that. The planes are just so old though. They're so tired. I'm not sure if I can be bothered with the multiple connections ie; LHR>LAX/SFO>LAS when there is a direct LHR>LAS flight. Almost seems bonkers to take a connection in!
Old May 11, 2017, 3:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by WSM
.. I'm not sure if I can be bothered with the multiple connections ie; LHR>LAX/SFO>LAS when there is a direct LHR>LAS flight. Almost seems bonkers to take a connection in!
I agree with you, but I find the T5-T3 transfer a pain, I am not a fan of T3 and I find that First on the A380 is the most relaxing in the BA fleet, I find it the easiest seat to sleep on. I always manage to organise a quick meeting at LAX on the way, so it's not a wasted connection.
Old May 11, 2017, 3:17 am
WSM

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I agree with you, but I find the T5-T3 transfer a pain, I am not a fan of T3 and I find that First on the A380 is the most relaxing in the BA fleet, I find it the easiest seat to sleep on. I always manage to organise a quick meeting at LAX on the way, so it's not a wasted connection.
Agree that F on A380 is nice. I did it few months back and I slept probably 50-60% of the flight which is pretty rare for me ^

the 747s are just so old you feel drained when you get off them sometimes. T5-T3 is indeed a complete farce, no disputes there.
Old May 11, 2017, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
If you're going for the full-on F experience with plenty of LPGS, Vino, Blue Label etc you'll feel "drained" coming off either aircraft !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.