Last edited by Prospero; May 11, 2017 at 1:10 pm Reason: Preserve privacy
Old May 11, 2017, 10:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I know those two!

Hello chaps
Hello!

Originally Posted by gustavmahler
I remember this one. Wasn't this in the CCR following your CA A380 trip, @PETER01? I remember enjoying reading your TR.
Yes in the CCR and hard to believe that was nearly 4 years ago. Thanks for the compliment re the TR!

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
@PETER01 - what's that you're holding?

*And don't say c-w-s
It's a Ferrero Rocher gift!

I arrived into LHR from LAX and CWS was going back out on the same plane which was going straight back to LAX that day.

The other item is CWS temperature gauge. My outbound was EXTREMELY cold and I received an onboard service recovery double Op Up on the way back from WT+ to F about 30 minutes ino the flight. CWS was going to take different readings on the way out to see if it was a one off. It was a newly delivered A380 G-XLEB and it really was freezing for the last 5 hours of the flight to LAX.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:18 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by PETER01
The other item is CWS temperature gauge. My outbound was EXTREMELY cold and I received an onboard service recovery double Op Up on the way back from WT+ to F about 30 minutes ino the flight. CWS was going to take different readings on the way out to see if it was a one off. It was a newly delivered A380 G-XLEB and it really was freezing for the last 5 hours of the flight to LAX.
It was the temperature gauge I was referring to. I guessed what the Ambassador has in his other hand
Old May 11, 2017, 10:21 am

It was the temperature gauge I was referring to. I guessed what the Ambassador has in his other hand
Ah, I see. I just wasn't sure which item you were referring to as it's not really clear in the picture.

Best Op up ever!
Old May 11, 2017, 10:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PETER01
My outbound was EXTREMELY cold and I received an onboard service recovery double Op Up on the way back from WT+ to F about 30 minutes ino the flight. CWS was going to take different readings on the way out to see if it was a one off. It was a newly delivered A380 G-XLEB and it really was freezing for the last 5 hours of the flight to LAX.
Wow, was that four years ago? Doesn't seem like it. I remember the whole thing when you posted about it at the time.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Wow, was that four years ago? Doesn't seem like it. I remember the whole thing when you posted about it at the time.
Yes 4 years in October! A very 'memorable' flight, hell on the way out and just fab on the way back!

I think if I saw another FT'r with a yellow FT tag in a lounge I'd go and say hello if the circumstances were right. However if I was putting something in an overhead locker when boarding and saw another bag with a yellow FT bag I wouldn't shout out

"WHO DOES THIS BAG BELONG TO AS I'M ALSO ON FLYERTALK"

If I saw one on a Ryaniar flight then I know you'd be onboard somewhere
Old May 11, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
The ones I've met have been very pleasant. The first was in the lounge at LCY waiting to board BA1. I had a seat to myself and part way through the flight he joined me and we had a rollicking good flight to JFK.

I met about 4 or 5 people on my PSA-DOH who were all on Flyertalk and you wouldn't believe it (!) but we were all on the way to AKL. We chatted on boarding and deplaning and went to Al Mourjan together and split up at that point. Really pleasant people all round I found.
Old May 13, 2017, 6:34 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
maybe we should have those obnoxiously red 'make america decent again' hats only that it just says DYKWIA

that's a flyertalk label pin equiv only the ft elite would get
Old May 13, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
The other place to look is BA97.com. I don't know how many people use it or put their travel on their publicly, but it is a way to see if any familiar FTers are flying. CIHY found me that way and wasn't subtle about his approach at all (I was in 1K too)

I've only had one other encounter when I think it was G-BOAC had both seen each other in the CCR and then got chatting in F to LAS and found out we were both FTers.

Other than that I used to bump into DYKWIA quite often in London, but it was usually at breakfast and I don't think either of us are particularly morning people

I've seen FT bag stickers, but usually as I'm heading out of the airport.

T
Old May 13, 2017, 7:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by toothy
... I've seen FT bag stickers, but usually as I'm heading out of the airport.
Indeed, they have that affect on me too!
Old May 13, 2017, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The other place to look is BA97.com. I don't know how many people use it or put their travel on their publicly, but it is a way to see if any familiar FTers are flying. CIHY found me that way and wasn't subtle about his approach at all (I was in 1K too)

I've only had one other encounter when I think it was G-BOAC had both seen each other in the CCR and then got chatting in F to LAS and found out we were both FTers.

Other than that I used to bump into DYKWIA quite often in London, but it was usually at breakfast and I don't think either of us are particularly morning people

I've seen FT bag stickers, but usually as I'm heading out of the airport.

T
Actually I think that you were in 4E.
Old May 13, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Indeed, they have that affect on me too!
I'm lucky you didn't spot mine before it was too late then!
Old May 13, 2017, 8:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Tiffywren
I'm lucky you didn't spot mine before it was too late then!
You are a delight, the exception to the rule ^
Old May 13, 2017, 8:42 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Yes - I think I met you after one of your Christmas Do's. Looking slightly worse for wear...
Old May 13, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Yes - I think I met you after one of your Christmas Do's. Looking slightly worse for wear...
Ah yes - I think that was the night I'd been to two Christmas do's - early start and late finish on the drinking front

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.