CE rows increased prior to departure

Old May 8, 17, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HH:Gold, Marriott: Gold, IHG: Spire Ambassador
CE rows increased prior to departure

I've not been able to find an answer searching for this.
I've got 5A on an ET booking reserved for an upcoming domestic flight - picked it a few days ago. However on checking today, row 5 must now part of CE as it starts from 6 on the seat map although the books still says 5A confirmed. What does this mean for my seat assignment - am I likely to just be given a new one at checkin possibly much further back? Should I just take one a few rows back now?
Old May 8, 17, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Yep, definitely move yourself pro actively... Last time it happened to me, got turfed back to row 29 at check in
Old May 8, 17, 12:12 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Move...NOW...or you'll end up in Row 28!

M
Old May 8, 17, 12:14 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Move very quickly if I were you.

Rule one of curtain roulette: the house mainly wins.
Old May 8, 17, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton/Marriott/SPG Gold
I had the same situation last week - I was in 7A coming back from Zurich, and when I checked at T-48h ET seemed to start at row 8. I promptly moved myself to 8A, but at OLCI row 7 was available again...
Old May 8, 17, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HH:Gold, Marriott: Gold, IHG: Spire Ambassador
How far will it go though! Have jumped into row 6 but will keep an eye on it.
Guessing that 7 or 8 is probably safer for future? This is EDI-LGW first flight of the morning.
Old May 8, 17, 12:19 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by adfg View Post
Guessing that 7 or 8 is probably safer for future? This is EDI-LGW first flight of the morning.
I would go to the exit row if I were you, and even that's not guaranteed. Rule 2 of curtain roulette: only play it if you can be sure of tracking it every few hours.
Old May 8, 17, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by adfg View Post

Club is popular on that flight cos we Scots like our breakfast.

When we convince BA to serve lorne sausage and Stornoway black pudding and haggis in their breakfast ET passengers will have to choose which wing to sit on.
Old May 8, 17, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
This thread made me chuckle...
Old May 8, 17, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Move now, but raise it at the airport and query whether you can move forward. This may be the case - has been the two occasions it's happened to me.
Old May 8, 17, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Ok what am i missing? Whats the benefit to sitting directly in front of the divider? Gone are the days of the nice 2 seater in A/C with the old seating. Isn't the exit row the prize here?
Old May 8, 17, 3:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond
Off slightly sooner I guess.
I must say I was always an avid player of curtain roulette under the legacy service; it was always nice being served first thereby opening up the opportunity to have a cheeky second even on the shorter flights.
Since the pathetic BoB introduction I'm now exit row only.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: