Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-ordered meal not loaded - First

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Pre-ordered meal not loaded - First

Flew in First Class to Dubai the other evening. My husband and I pre-ordered the Cajun Salad main course. When the CC came to take our meal order I mentioned that we had pre-ordered. I was told that our meals had not been loaded and they had already run out of the Cajun salad. So we chose an alternative. Just a bit annoyed when visiting the washroom to see other passengers enjoying the Cajun salad.
Is it usual that pre-ordered food is not loaded? Is it worth complaining?
Old May 5, 2017, 1:04 am

Programs: BA Silver
Sounds rather like it was loaded, but given to other people to me.
Old May 5, 2017, 1:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Yep, I smell a rat too. Complain to BA, collect your 136 Avios as compensation as you pass go...

In all seriousness, not great. Would be pretty peeved off if this were me.
Old May 5, 2017, 1:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Eating in the toilet. How low can you go?
Old May 5, 2017, 1:24 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Originally Posted by LondonElite
at least you can enjoy the flower while eating now it's back
John
Old May 5, 2017, 1:33 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I'm surprised they hadn't taken orders around the cabin beforehand, before allocating the dishes to other passengers. As a GCH, you should be expecting your first choice in F anyway - even if you choose to eat later in the flight. I'd fill in an online form at least but also I'd try not to get my hopes up of any kind of meaningful response..
Old May 5, 2017, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Haha, just what I was thinking as I read the OP's post
Old May 5, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Disappointing that your pre order was not loaded and that you were not asked for your choice first as a GCH, but perhaps the lucky passengers had a higher CIV. Or the cabin crew were not organised.

I would also send a gentle comment to Customer Relations regarding the failing and subsequent disappointment but with a very low expectation of any more than an apology.

Still, something went wrong operationally, and it should not have, especially in F. BA should be made aware, especially if the crew did not report it.
Old May 5, 2017, 1:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by obduro
Yep, I smell a rat too. Complain to BA, collect your 136 Avios as compensation as you pass go...

In all seriousness, not great. Would be pretty peeved off if this were me.
I don't smell a rat, I smell an IT failure or a crew who didn't check their pre-orders. I would not be pleased if the happened to me, in the OP's shoes I would send in a complaint in the hope that the it might help avoid a similar occurrence in the future.
Old May 5, 2017, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Disappointing that your pre order was not loaded and that you were not asked for your choice first as a GCH, but perhaps the lucky passengers had a higher CIV. Or the cabin crew were not organised.

I would also send a gentle comment to Customer Relations regarding the failing and subsequent disappointment but with a very low expectation of any more than an apology.

Still, something went wrong operationally, and it should not have, especially in F. BA should be made aware, especially if the crew did not report it.
Why would you send a "gentle comment" to customer relations "with a very low expectation"?

Aren't you just setting yourself up for disappointment? If you don't want to be disappointed just don't send it.

What's the point of making BA aware? They'll change?
Old May 5, 2017, 1:46 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Why would you send a "gentle comment" to customer relations "with a very low expectation"?

Aren't you just setting yourself up for disappointment? If you don't want to be disappointed just don't send it.

What's the point of making BA aware? They'll change?
I always think one should report failings as well as pass on compliments.

BA is not providing large helpings of Avios compensation as in the past, which is why I made that comment.

I have a higher opinion of BA's interest in hearing of these failings. YMMV.
Old May 5, 2017, 2:30 am

Programs: Gold Actually
So what would have happened if you had pre ordered the Veggie meal and all of these were gone/not loaded? Would they have raided the CW meals?
Old May 5, 2017, 3:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I don't smell a rat, I smell an IT failure or a crew who didn't check their pre-orders. I would not be pleased if the happened to me, in the OP's shoes I would send in a complaint in the hope that the it might help avoid a similar occurrence in the future.
Oh, completely agree - What I meant was the "it wasn't loaded" excuse seems to be a cover for the latter particularly.
Old May 5, 2017, 5:40 am
Original Poster

I do not think that it was an IT problem, as it clearly stated on my boarding card that I had pre-ordered the 'D' (4th choice on the menu). I have to add that my experience in the CCR was excellent - both food and service.
Thanks for all your comments.
Old May 5, 2017, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by heb999
I do not think that it was an IT problem, as it clearly stated on my boarding card that I had pre-ordered the 'D' (4th choice on the menu). I have to add that my experience in the CCR was excellent - both food and service.
Thanks for all your comments.
Hi Heb,

apart from them not having your pre-ordered meal how did you find the rest of the service in First was it good?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.