Pre-ordered meal not loaded - First

Old May 6, 17, 9:33 am

Good point.
Old May 6, 17, 10:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP, A3 Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences View Post
Perhaps that isn't a fair comparison though - the restaurant isn't transporting the OP and their luggage thousands of miles. It is worth remembering, the meal is only a small part of the service purchased, and only a part of one of the meals wasn't provided as booked, in one direction.

That said, it is a let down when a pre-ordered meal isn't provided, and 5000 avios would be fair I think.
First class is about the whole package and not having to worry. Other airlines achieve it. Pre ordering in first class shouldn't be required. There should be enough for everyone to have their first choice. It's first class after all! This whole concern about will I/won't I get my first choice is basically the airline being cheap and trying to save costs. If they get their predictions wrong and short change someone they should make them whole in a mutually agreeable way.

For the record, I have never not got my first choice in first on any carrier so this isn't bitter sentiment.
Old May 7, 17, 1:39 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences View Post
Although I don't think it is doing that here. If 5000 Avios were awarded, even at a very reasonable 1p per Avios (a figure which is often used on FT), that would be around £50. The cost of the main course element of a F lunch meal to BA? Your guess is as good as mine, but £5?
The actual cost of the failed aspect of service isn't the issue.

It's the effect on the passenger and whether BA think it's worth throwing 5k, 10k, 50k, etc Avios to keep that F passenger. BA doesn't care much for F, this much is obvious, as it doesn't make them a great deal of money. I suspect it's only kept to ensure people have something to upgrade into and for "prestige" reasons.
Old May 7, 17, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Gold; SQ Gold; AA Platinum; Hyatt Discoverist; Hilton Gold
I flew in first on the 789 with my wife last week. UUA from J. Both gold. Neither of us got our first choice of main course. Only one of the three white wines was available. Poor show. 4,500 avios each compensation.
Old May 7, 17, 6:13 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by mgiarc View Post
I flew in first on the 789 with my wife last week. UUA from J. Both gold. Neither of us got our first choice of main course. Only one of the three white wines was available. Poor show. 4,500 avios each compensation.
That's really quite staggeringly crap.
Old May 7, 17, 6:25 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

While only having just completed my second F on BA in my life..... so I am not exactly sure how ops works from the cabin to the galley..... I wonder how well coordinated the process is when different FAs work the different sides of the cabin. My husband who was in 1K and I 1A on a 747 was about 10 minutes ahead of me during the meal time ( from that initial order take to serving to clean-up).

So would his side ahead of mine by 10 or 15 minutes give the edge to that side for first choice of entrees?
Old May 7, 17, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
My understanding is the cabin crew should then compile orders back in the galley, check quants and then I guess let down any customer who will not receive their choice, based on status level / CIV score. So the time at which your order was taken should not matter
Old May 7, 17, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze
Originally Posted by awayIgo View Post
Maybe the other passengers had ALSO pre ordered the salad. I understand you didn't get what you want, but in the realm of things--talk about first world problems!
I think you are in the wrong place. This is a forum to talk about experiences flying BA.

You need to sign up to the 'let's talk about first world problems forum'.
Old May 7, 17, 7:14 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by mrow View Post
First class is about the whole package and not having to worry. Other airlines achieve it. Pre ordering in first class shouldn't be required. There should be enough for everyone to have their first choice...
But that would require BA to load 56 mains, 42 starters, 28 desserts and 14 cheese selections, not to mention 2nd meals and wines, just for a 14 seat cabin. I just don't think that's realistic and would be so wasteful I would almost blush!

Originally Posted by paul4040 View Post
The actual cost of the failed aspect of service isn't the issue...
Please re-read my posts - we are in agreement about this
Old May 7, 17, 7:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
The hilarious truth here is that if every first and Club passenger preordered their food BA would save money.

The farce of their service delivery actually costs them not only in good faith but in $$$.
Old May 17, 17, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
After making a complaint we have been offered 4500 avios points each for not receiving our pre-ordered main course in First. Does this seem acceptable?
Old May 17, 17, 9:47 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by heb999 View Post
After making a complaint we have been offered 4500 avios points each for not receiving our pre-ordered main course in First. Does this seem acceptable?
Perhaps they could have been a little more generous, however bearing in mind it was only the main course affected, and you did have an alternative, personally I would accept this. Still shouldn't have happened though.