Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-ordered meal not loaded - First

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by awayIgo
Maybe the other passengers had ALSO pre ordered the salad. I understand you didn't get what you want, but in the realm of things--talk about first world problems!
This entire forum is about "first world problems" ...?
Old May 5, 2017, 2:48 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Maybe the other passengers had ALSO pre ordered the salad. I understand you didn't get what you want, but in the realm of things--talk about first world problems!
Crumbs.

If I go to all the trouble of pre-ordering something, I damn well expect to get it.

The WHOLE POINT of pre-ordering is that they know exactly how many of a certain item they need to load.
Old May 5, 2017, 3:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by heb999
Flew in First Class to Dubai the other evening. My husband and I pre-ordered the Cajun Salad main course. When the CC came to take our meal order I mentioned that we had pre-ordered. I was told that our meals had not been loaded and they had already run out of the Cajun salad. So we chose an alternative. Just a bit annoyed when visiting the washroom to see other passengers enjoying the Cajun salad.
Is it usual that pre-ordered food is not loaded? Is it worth complaining?
Definitely complain....

IT glitch or cabin crew cock-up? Who knows.
Old May 5, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jbeans
Agreed.

A tiresome lazy phrase from those not interested in a particular issue and who wish to dismiss the poster's comment with a 'clever' put down.
Old May 5, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Agreed.

A tiresome lazy phrase from those not interested in a particular issue and who wish to dismiss the poster's comment with a 'clever' put down.
+1
Old May 5, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50k, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plus Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by jbeans
Agree. The important thing to do is to raise the issue (complain, express dissatisfaction, etc) at the time with the person who has the ability influence the remainder of your in-flight experience, ie has the power: the CSM/CSD/Head Honcho. If they are directly aware problem, they can do something to help smooth things over.
Be proactive at the time of the service failure.
Whilst It may help to 'get it off ones chest' here at Flyertalk , combined with the hope that someone at the airline reads the post, little is gained (no disrespect to the OP)
Old May 5, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Maybe they were travelling First Class and paid thousands for the ticket and thus have a right to expect a service offered to them as part of that!

Maybe also the attitude that first world problems are actually no problem at all is exactly the premise that a certain guy called Alex works from when constantly looking for things to cut and its only when people complain that some of these things improve! If no one mentioned the flower would it ever return, but hey a flower is only a first work problem*

* A flower is most certainly a first world problem, but at some point people have to say hold on a minute this is meant to be First Class!
Old May 5, 2017, 5:06 pm

Actually first class problems. Specifically British first class problems.
Old May 5, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
I've had issues with BA transmitting the preorders to the FAs as well, in J.
Old May 5, 2017, 7:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by lloydah
Although that is a very sensible and obvious way of going about things isn't it now coming to the point where you have to think about things that should be in place and not needed to be thought about?
One should be able to believe that, especially in F where you pay for your higher expectations to be met, the details like pre ordered food would be a piece of cake - excuse the pun. If you can't have the confidence that an smallish matter of choice of pre ordered menu isn't taken care of by those paid to do so it begs the question of how much confidence do we have in other matters that may or may not be important.
That is the point with all travel worldwide. Never presume anything and always double-check.

This particular issue is a minor failing. But, there are many others dealing with ticketing and the like which really matter. Without apportioning blame, a simple few steps of prevention can work to one's great benefit.
Old May 6, 2017, 4:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Imagine going into a fine restaurant, ordering a filet steak and the server bringing you a vegetarian lasagna. Imagine she then says "well it's food isn't it?"

There are first world problems, yes. This is not one of them. BA advertise a product and should be embarrassed when they fail to deliver.

What next? Imagine ordering a LPGS. Here you are, have a tiger beer. Well it's alcoholic isn't it. People investing what to most is a princely sum should get what they pay for as marketed.
Old May 6, 2017, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
Imagine going into a fine restaurant, ordering a filet steak and the server bringing you a vegetarian lasagna. Imagine she then says "well it's food isn't it?"

There are first world problems, yes. This is not one of them. BA advertise a product and should be embarrassed when they fail to deliver.
Sure, but imagine the restaurant gives you a 2.5% discount voucher off your next booking - surely that makes up for it?

Enjoy your 5000 avios OP
Old May 6, 2017, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by HarryHolden68

What next? Imagine ordering a LPGS. Here you are, have a tiger beer. Well it's alcoholic isn't it. People investing what to most is a princely sum should get what they pay for as marketed.
Originally Posted by 710 77345
Sure, but imagine the restaurant gives you a 2.5% discount voucher off your next booking - surely that makes up for it?

Enjoy your 5000 avios OP
Perhaps that isn't a fair comparison though - the restaurant isn't transporting the OP and their luggage thousands of miles. It is worth remembering, the meal is only a small part of the service purchased, and only a part of one of the meals wasn't provided as booked, in one direction.

That said, it is a let down when a pre-ordered meal isn't provided, and 5000 avios would be fair I think.
Old May 6, 2017, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Perhaps that isn't a fair comparison though - the restaurant isn't transporting the OP and their luggage thousands of miles.
That's very true, and it's not worth a palm tree for sure. But it's a dangerous game for BA to go down by refunding something similar to the 'cost' of the failed item, if we passengers then start comparing the cost to a WT ticket + all the add-ons you get with First.
Old May 6, 2017, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by 710 77345
That's very true, and it's not worth a palm tree for sure. But it's a dangerous game for BA to go down by refunding something similar to the 'cost' of the failed item, if we passengers then start comparing the cost to a WT ticket + all the add-ons you get with First.
Although I don't think it is doing that here. If 5000 Avios were awarded, even at a very reasonable 1p per Avios (a figure which is often used on FT), that would be around £50. The cost of the main course element of a F lunch meal to BA? Your guess is as good as mine, but £5?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.