Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BCN passport control delays

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Silver, Accor Club Silver and many others at the lowest level
I went through three weeks ago mid-morning on a Friday and security was a bit of nightmare. The fast track line (there is also a family line in the same area both of which were poorly managed until you got to near the front after half an hour) took about 40 minutes to clear.
Exit border checks were quicker and took about 10 minutes but it help I spotted that some booths nearer the E gates had no queue while there was a long one for those nearer the D gates and, while not obvious, it is possible to loop back round to the D gates once cleared.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: Melia Planium, IB+, BAEC
Thanks a lot everyone for sharing your experiences.
I just read the news that following today's awful attack in Barcelona, the security personnel at El Prat airport decided to cancel the strike: https://ultimahora.es/noticias/nacio...elga-prat.html
Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Thumbs down

My experience: In July+August be ready for a long wait at passport control coming to BCN. My experience is early pm,

2 years ago it took about 2 hours. Last month better - only 1 hour.

They have stations for 18-20 agents, but only about half are used.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.