Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BHD-LHR-DFW-CUN and CUN-MIA-LHR-BHD

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2017, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

BHD-LHR-DFW-CUN and CUN-MIA-LHR-BHD

Need some advice from anyone who has recently followed a similar itinerary as above i.e. UK domestic to LHR then TATL to CUN via US. BA flights to/from US but DFW-CUN-MIA is AA metal on BA codeshare.

Does ITI actually work in DFW outbound and MIA return or will I have to collect bags in US to clear customs there and then drop off bags at a transfer desk? I am getting mixed reports on what I will need to do!
Old May 2, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
ITI will not work for LHR-DFW-CUN, I am pretty sure. On the way back ensure at checkin that the agents put the ITI stickers on the baggage tag.
Old May 3, 2017, 1:33 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
We flew DUB-LHR-DFW-CUN in January, and I can confirm that our bags were ITI'd from DUB all the way through with NO hassles whatsoever. On the return we flew CUN-MIA-LHR-DUB and again absolutely no issues with bags being ITI'd.
Hope this helps to set your mind at ease.
Old May 3, 2017, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Great to hear luggage can be checked all the way through as ITI.

Does anyone know as a follow up if you can use the AA app to check that hold luggage is actually transferring in DFW or MIA and making it onto the next aircraft for subsequent flight?
Old May 3, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Charlie26r
We flew DUB-LHR-DFW-CUN in January, and I can confirm that our bags were ITI'd from DUB all the way through with NO hassles whatsoever. On the return we flew CUN-MIA-LHR-DUB and again absolutely no issues with bags being ITI'd.
Hope this helps to set your mind at ease.
Did you not have to collect them in DFW as you didn't go through US pre-clearance? I have always had to reclaim mine each way on my last 2 journeys to/from CUN.
Old May 3, 2017, 2:39 am
K&C

Programs: BAEC Gold
Not quite the same route but no problem checking the bags all the way through DUB-LHR-MIA-BGI and on the return BGI-MIA-LHR-GLA
Yes, I could track them on the AA app
Old May 3, 2017, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Did you not have to collect them in DFW as you didn't go through US pre-clearance? I have always had to reclaim mine each way on my last 2 journeys to/from CUN.
No, although we did ask to make sure (several times from memory). Our bags were first out in CUN as well.
Old May 3, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Charlie26r
No, although we did ask to make sure (several times from memory). Our bags were first out in CUN as well.
Interesting in MIA! PHL and JFK there were announcements and signs in PHL to reclaim and recheck baggage. I will see what happens next mo th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.