Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | United Kingdom

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I don't think they do. Have you checked MMB to see what it says? You could call Swissport lounges on +44 (0) 161 694 7220 and ask.
I don't actually have a booking.. but for purposes of FT research I booked a dummy flight and to my delight I saw this:

AspirePlus and Aspire Lounges

To find the lounge, go through Security and follow the signs for the Aspire Lounge. (Lounge access is subject to capacity restrictions.)

Catch up on work before you travel, enjoy a snack or simply unwind in a relaxing area away from the busy airport environment.

Maybe someone can update the main thread?
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 3:50 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Schwann
I don't actually have a booking.. but for purposes of FT research I booked a dummy flight and to my delight I saw this:[h3]

Maybe someone can update the main thread?
Thanks. Slides have now been added
Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Apologies if this has been covered already, but I was at GLA this morning for the early morning flight down to LGW.

The guide states the opening time as 05:15

The oneworld site states the opening time as 06:00

The lounge actually opened at 05:30 - I inquired of the lovely lounge angel what the official hours were and she said it was officially 06:00 but in practice it was earlier to cater for the first flights. Is the specified 5:15 time in the guide a sort of "best average" of actual opening?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Sorry if this was covered. Can you use the BHD lounge as a Silver if you're on an EI code share (BA flight number, EI metal)?

Last edited by Mordac; Jun 22, 2018 at 5:48 am Reason: Typo
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Mordac
Sorry is this was covered. Can you use the BHD lounge as a Silver if you're on an EI code share (BA flight number, EI metal)?
no
Old Jun 22, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
no
Thanks, I thought there might be an exception to the usual policy due to the route being a quasi joint venture, but alas, it's not. Guess I'll stick to the 5 BA a day then
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
- The 1432 Runway Club is available for BA customers for a Ł5 supplement, all cards, subject to capacity. You can pay with cash or cards at the front desk, you can't pre-reserve, but of course you can pay online as a guest.
You say cards, is this also available to none status holding CE passengers?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by Ben Jones
You say cards, is this also available to none status holding CE passengers?
i would imagine so but only on payment of the Ł5 supplement.

EDIT: just to add CE would get you access to the White Rose Suite lounge which is the default lounge used for BA at LBA for cabin or status.

Last edited by KARFA; Jun 25, 2018 at 7:45 am
Old Jun 25, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
Can anyone confirm if there's a working computer/printer setup in the Gatwick Galleries lounge or a 'business centre'...never been J out of Gatwick before!

Thanks.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
Earliest I can arrive at a BA Galleries Business Class Lounge before my flight?

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before or if I haven't searched hard enough in the forum but I'm flying out to Dubai in Club World from LHR late in the evening (2225) in a couple of months and wondered what the rules are for arriving early at a lounge please?

I believe there is a golden rule that says not before 4 hours of your scheduled departure time but I am arriving into LHR on an unconnected flight/itinerary on the same day earlier during the afternoon.

I'm currently Bronze status if that makes any difference?

Thanks for any guidance.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by Kkp0897
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before or if I haven't searched hard enough in the forum but I'm flying out to Dubai in Club World from LHR late in the evening (2225) in a couple of months and wondered what the rules are for arriving early at a lounge please?

I believe there is a golden rule that says not before 4 hours of your scheduled departure time but I am arriving into LHR on an unconnected flight/itinerary on the same day earlier during the afternoon.

I'm currently Bronze status if that makes any difference?

Thanks for any guidance.
I don't think there is any 4 hour rule at the LHR lounges, got to the lounge as early as you want.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
I don't think there is any 4 hour rule at the LHR lounges, got to the lounge as early as you want.
Thanks KARFA
Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:52 am

Well, I tried to access the Swissport lounges at Bristol Airport prior to my BACF flight a few weeks agoand was denied access and told by the lounge agent access was for “business class only” and that they’d never seen a BA economy passenger enter before. I tried explaining, assuming they don’t get many FFs at BRS, that my FF card should be good for access too which lead them to try to type “BA gold card” into the search section for the paid lounge access programmes, i.e the agent really had no idea.

Anyway, I sent a message to BA customer services and received the first reply:

Thanks for letting us know what happened at Bristol airport when you were flying to Malaga on BA7021 on 22 July 2018. I'm so sorry for the delay in my reply. I realise how disappointed you must have been when our staff members wouldn't let into the lounge. As a valuable member of our Executive Club, I certainly understand why you're feeling let down. I know having access to our lounges is an important part of your Executive Club membership. The lounges are available for passengers who are: flying on a scheduled British Airways flight in First, business(Club World) or business(Club Europe) a Silver or Gold Member of the British Airways Executive Club on a scheduled flight operated by British Airways or one of our oneworld partners a Sapphire or Emerald member of any of the oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes on a scheduled flight operated by British Airways or one of our oneworld partners over the age of 18 years, or if under 18..
Which I sought to clarify and got this response:
Thanks for contacting us Twitter. I'm sorry you've not had a response to your email dated 29 July.I understand from your email, there's some confusion about lounge access at Bristol airport. Bristol airport does have a lounge, however, British Airways customers don't receive free access to it. This is regardless of the ticket you have or Executive Club status. As such, you were correctly denied access. We're sorry to disappoint you but I hope this clarifies the issue for you.

Thanks again for contacting us. We value your support as a Gold Executive club member. If there's anything else I can help you with, you can reply to me using the link below.

Having contractdicted themselves and what the Swissport agent said... and not really reading my response I got this message:

Thanks for coming back to us. You're clearly unhappy with our response. I'm concerned to read that you were not allowed to access the lounge at Bristol airport. I understand why, but please let me explain our position.

I'd like to inform you that Bristol airport does have a lounge, however, British Airways customers don't receive free access to it. This is regardless of the ticket you have or Executive Club status. As such, you were correctly denied access. We're sorry to disappoint you but I hope this clarifies the issue for you.
So, I’m still not sure what the actual policy is... so anyone flying the seasonal flights from where there isn’t already a BA mainline presence be aware!
Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:59 am

AspirePlus and Aspire Lounges

To find the lounge, go through Security and follow the signs for the Aspire Lounge. (Lounge access is subject to capacity restrictions.)

Catch up on work before you travel, enjoy a snack or simply unwind in a relaxing area away from the busy airport environment.

Even though it says this in MMB for the flight ex-Bristol.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hi all,

A pretty tame query, but i think this is the correct thread; i'll be in T3 for the first time on BA and as a Silver I would welcome feedback:

Which T3 lounge is best for 'breakfast'; 8am arrival for a couple of hours. Qantas or Cathay?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.