Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | United Kingdom

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by smckay
Hi all,

A pretty tame query, but i think this is the correct thread; i'll be in T3 for the first time on BA and as a Silver I would welcome feedback:

Which T3 lounge is best for 'breakfast'; 8am arrival for a couple of hours. Qantas or Cathay?

Thanks
Cathay J lounge has full English buffet. Great range of options and the best in t3 imo.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:18 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by smckay
Which T3 lounge is best for 'breakfast'; 8am arrival for a couple of hours. Qantas or Cathay?
Depends to some degree what constitutes your ideal breakfast. But there is a very detailed thread on the oneworld lounges in T3, including photos, which you will find in the Dashboard.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thanks Frequent flyer 101

CWS, the dashboard brought me here. The food offerings and WiFi (work) appeal, I've heard good things about both Qantas and CX but don't have the time to sample both
Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Some pics of the BA lounge at BHD.

The door offers access to Gate 4 so effectively anyone in the lounge will be first to board.

Sorry I couldn't get any more - was keen to avoid getting people in the shot!
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:57 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Yes, the BHD lounge is nice and there are good photos above.

Direct plane access is a plus.
Sealink likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Apologies if in wrong thread - trying to ascertain Aer Lingus Lounge access at T2 LHR. It would need to be based on Business Class ticket and assume no BA Exec Club status. Pax travelling on Paid, Business Class ticket issued by BA Chicago-London-Cork. LHR-ORK sector operated by EI out of T2. Would pax have access based on trans-Atlantic flight arrival same morning?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: Varies
Watching live sport in T5 Club lounge

Having just entered all the Formula 1 2019 dates into my calendar I've realised I'll be at LHR during the Japanese Grand Prix, waiting to board a BA flight to Seattle. Does anyone know if there's a way to watch Sky Sports in any of the T5 Club lounges? Or indeed any of the BA lounges, in case I decide to upgrade?

If not, has anyone used BA's lounge WiFi to stream live sport? Is it fast enough and reliable?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver | Flying Blue Gold | Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ttama
Having just entered all the Formula 1 2019 dates into my calendar I've realised I'll be at LHR during the Japanese Grand Prix, waiting to board a BA flight to Seattle. Does anyone know if there's a way to watch Sky Sports in any of the T5 Club lounges? Or indeed any of the BA lounges, in case I decide to upgrade?

If not, has anyone used BA's lounge WiFi to stream live sport? Is it fast enough and reliable?
Yeah, they should have Sky Sports in the club lounges and I had success most of the time if I asked them to turn it on if it wasn't. Mind you T5 club lounges can be extremely crowded, so YMMV.
Wi-fi is hit or miss in my experience, I stream Dutch football ocasionally and sometimes it's alright - sometimes it's unwatchable.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by InsomniaBA
Yeah, they should have Sky Sports in the club lounges and I had success most of the time if I asked them to turn it on if it wasn't. Mind you T5 club lounges can be extremely crowded, so YMMV.
Wi-fi is hit or miss in my experience, I stream Dutch football ocasionally and sometimes it's alright - sometimes it's unwatchable.
Thanks
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:05 am

Hi guys,

Newly Silver here. I'm flying back from SZG and it says standard BA rules. Does this mean I'll have lounge access travelling in ET?

Cheers
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by GDOCA
Hi guys,

Newly Silver here. I'm flying back from SZG and it says standard BA rules. Does this mean I'll have lounge access travelling in ET?

Cheers
Congratulations on getting to Silver, and the answer is yes. The better Dashboard guide to this area is the Lounge Access Guidelines thread, but being Silver essentially gets you a lounge on 90% plus of BA's network, even when travelling in EuroTraveller or World Traveller.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Feb 25, 2019 at 11:15 am
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Congratulations on getting to Silver, and the answer is yes. The better Dashboard guide to this area is the Lounge Access Guidelines thread, but being Silver essentially gets you a lounge on 90% plus of BA's network, even when travelling in EuroTraveller or World Traveller.
Thank you, that’s much appreciated.
Old May 25, 2019, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
A full review with photos of the Concorde Room at LHR is featured in my latest trip report here:

In the Shadow of Concorde: The British Airways Premium Experience Revisited
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I land at 8 am AA J from Charlotte so I assume landing at T3, then on to EDI at 13:30. I was advised the best practical BA lounge to visit is the T5B lounge but now thinking what about visiting the Aspire PP lounge T5 A18 (it would be free) - is one any nicer then the other? I was also advised to make a reservation if using the PP - would it be reasonable to book 9 am time?
Old Jul 21, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: TK elite & BA Gold
Do not know if i am wright here, but there had not been any light or zero soft drinks at all in the First Galleries LHR today.
Supply problems or not available anymore at all in BA Lounges?

Staff told me - there will be none anymore. Correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.