FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Lounge in Sofia airport (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1840172-lounge-sofia-airport.html)

tuff May 2, 2017 3:18 am

Lounge in Sofia airport

I see that BA use two lounges in SOF (Preslav and Pliska). Which is the better? We are going there this weekend with some friends we will want to take in as guests. Thanks.

allturnleft May 2, 2017 5:14 am

Was only aware of one; the bright green one downstairs
Fairly pleasent and spacious

ILikePancakes May 2, 2017 5:15 am

Originally Posted by tuff (Post 28255480)
I see that BA use two lounges in SOF (Preslav and Pliska). Which is the better? We are going there this weekend with some friends we will want to take in as guests. Thanks.

We might bump into you :D

LondonCanuck May 2, 2017 5:33 am

Lounges are both perfectly nice. When I was there a month ago, they even had fresh Bulgarian beer on draft. Food is nothing special but some small nibbles to hold one over before partaking in the gastronomic delights in Club Europe :-)

ILikePancakes May 2, 2017 5:44 am

Originally Posted by LondonCanuck (Post 28255795)
Lounges are both perfectly nice. When I was there a month ago, they even had fresh Bulgarian beer on draft. Food is nothing special but some small nibbles to hold one over before partaking in the gastronomic delights in Club Europe :-)

We'll take our chances with the lounge food! Not entirely sure the additional £200 for CE is worth it for a very sad looking dry chickpea curry.

nivsy May 2, 2017 9:09 am

I used the upstairs at lovely SOF just the other weekend. It was ok (very hot inside), had some nice wine, some sparkly stuff and a nice selection of snacky type fodder.

Quite cosey really....and not bad terminal (2)...^

ILikePancakes May 2, 2017 9:16 am

Originally Posted by nivsy (Post 28256707)
I used the upstairs at lovely SOF just the other weekend. It was ok (very hot inside), had some nice wine, some sparkly stuff and a nice selection of snacky type fodder.

Quite cosey really....and not bad terminal (2)...^

Thanks for the heads up!

TyneTraveller May 2, 2017 9:51 am

Originally Posted by LondonCanuck (Post 28255795)

Excellent to know. Are the lounges far from the gates?

I thought HEL/TLL was the place to be going this weekend, but SOF now seems fairly popular too ;)

ILikePancakes May 2, 2017 10:31 am

Originally Posted by TyneTraveller (Post 28256917)
Excellent to know. Are the lounges far from the gates?

I thought HEL/TLL was the place to be going this weekend, but SOF now seems fairly popular too ;)

We could have the spillers social in the lounge :D :p

TyneTraveller May 2, 2017 10:58 am

Originally Posted by ILikePancakes (Post 28257114)
We could have the spillers social in the lounge :D :p

^

ExpatSomchai May 2, 2017 11:03 am

Downstairs has a fresh orange juice machine and a smoking room :D

ILikePancakes May 2, 2017 11:20 am

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai (Post 28257254)
Downstairs has a fresh orange juice machine and a smoking room :D

Always useful if I decide to set myself alight into a smouldering mass...

Fitch May 2, 2017 12:28 pm

SOF is the start point for some cracking QR fares to Asia of which we'll soon be partaking: £795 SOF-DOH-BKK and back all in J can't be beat...

Here's hoping they come round again before too long :)

yurtripper May 3, 2017 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Fitch (Post 28257663)
SOF is the start point for some cracking QR fares to Asia of which we'll soon be partaking: £795 SOF-DOH-BKK and back all in J can't be beat...

Here's hoping they come round again before too long :)

Just came back from a jaunt to SOF which is reasonably close to my home base in WAW. I was looking at options to BKK from WAW and nearby and couldn't find anything reasonable from the LH group (no surprises there) so that's good to know :)

TyneTraveller May 7, 2017 5:37 am

Well, I hope there is no one else on the BA891 today. The inbound suffered a lightening strike hence the delay while an inspection takes place. Both lounges seem nice enough to me to spend an hour or so, or perhaps longer in my case!