Lounge in Sofia airport

Old May 7, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
Well, I hope there is no one else on the BA891 today. The inbound suffered a lightening strike hence the delay while an inspection takes place. Both lounges seem nice enough to me to spend an hour or so, or perhaps longer in my case!
Cripes! I hope everything was ok in the end.

If push came to shove, which lounge would you suggest, especially for a vegetarian?
Old May 7, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Slightly scary but all ok. Just waiting for EUXE to be inspected before returning to LHR, I hope. The gate area is C1 so the lounge upstairs is easier. It's small but pleasant enough. The bigger lounge is downstairs where I am currently...the only major difference I can see apart from size is the drought larger downstairs (and the smoking room) and a fresh orange machine upstairs. The food is identical and just appears to have pastries/muffins/crisps/nuts etc.

Upshot; the lounge upstairs is better in my opinion as is smoke free and right behind the gate area. Neither are too far though.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Small but not perfectly formed

I can concur what others have said in that the smaller/upper lounge is very small and VERY hot. Its also where design came to die. Quite hideous uncomfortable furniture, food which is equivalent to most European Sala VIP lounges and today we had the pleasure of a door dragon who was clearly annoyed we interrupted her Internet surfing to sign in. I asked her which lounge was best and she said the larger one, because the toilets are inside (!) there you have it folks 😂😂😂

Last edited by GordyUK; Mar 12, 2018 at 3:38 am Reason: Clarification of which lounge Im referring to
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:22 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Thanks, I will now most likely use the larger lounge thanks to this thread.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Just checking my Priority pass account as have never been to this airport.
It shows 3 lounges in T2
Pliska
Preslav
Vitosha Aspire

which would be be the best for a decent cup of espresso type coffee and a few nibbles with potentially a glass of decent beer or wine?

No interest in Spirits or fizz!
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
I can’t remember the name but the lounge down the escalators is the larger of the two and has some local brew served on tap. Not a major gripe but I did find the smoking area badly ventilated; there is no smoking area in the lounge upstairs which is a plus for me.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:35 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
I can’t remember the name but the lounge down the escalators is the larger of the two and has some local brew served on tap. Not a major gripe but I did find the smoking area badly ventilated; there is no smoking area in the lounge upstairs which is a plus for me.
From what I can find on the Priority Pass app;

Pliska = Level 1
Preslav = Level 0
Vitosha Aspire = Proceed through security and turn left immediately.

Abscence of smoke would also be a preference!
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
I would not recommend the Preslav lounge, Vitosha much better (haven't tried Pliska).
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:45 am

Sorry to bump this thread, but I've a long wait in Sofia airport coming up (about 3 hours). Is it worth paying into any of these lounges or is it nearly as well to just pick somewhere in the terminal for a bite to eat and a nice coffee? Reviews on the lounges don't seem great and there's a lot of contradictory reviews for each lounge too.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I fly from Sofia a lot and your choices of places to eat are (terminal two I assume):

Sky cafe / bar - over priced and not very appealing food.

replay - like a newagents sells like pre packed sandwiches etc can be quite pricey for what it is.

lounges - there is three in Sofia the one BA uses is okay has the basics and there is also a star alliance lounge which Ive never used before.

Apart from that the departures is rather disappointing dont expect a Mac Donalds or a coffee shop 😐
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Ended up visiting the preslav lounge last March.
was quite big and quite empty.
had beer on tap and a bean to cup coffee machine.
from what I recall they had a variety of sweet and savoury snacks available late afternoon/ early evening.
Domt remember anything hot, but I could be wrong.

wouldn't say it was outstanding, but Id probably use again if there and it was free on my priority pass!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:13 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
All lounges are a bit outdated and empty. I would visit the one downstairs as it is the largest. Food is not spectacular, wine is OK...
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:45 am

Cheers for the replies folks. Might go for the larger, downstairs lounge then so.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 3:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Currently in the Preslav lounge now (downstairs). Can report that there is plenty of space, comfortable seating and it is quiet.

In terms of food, an adequate selection of snack food, some warm bread included, including crisps, cheese topped bread, pates, sweet pepper sauce and some other small nibbles.

Drinks selection decent with a variety of wine, including a Bulgarian sparkling that is similar to a solid glass of prosecco. Bar looks reasonably well stocked with highstreet brands.

WiFi seems to work, but not massively fast.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by TTmex
Currently in the Preslav lounge now (downstairs). Can report that there is plenty of space, comfortable seating and it is quiet.

In terms of food, an adequate selection of snack food, some warm bread included, including crisps, cheese topped bread, pates, sweet pepper sauce and some other small nibbles.

Drinks selection decent with a variety of wine, including a Bulgarian sparkling that is similar to a solid glass of prosecco. Bar looks reasonably well stocked with highstreet brands.

WiFi seems to work, but not massively fast.
Good to know, I will be there next month and was wondering what the lounge situation was. I assume the soft drinks are standard coke etc, nothing special?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.