Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where is my Gold Card?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Looks like they finally did a print run. My gold tags arrived Friday, only 10 weeks after I dinged gold.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Well, now I know why my Bronze, Silver and Gold packs never arrived. And here I was blaming BA!

I had to call BA last week regarding using a gold upgrade voucher, and, of course, I was asked to state my address as part of the ID verification process. When my current address was rejected it dawned on me that I must never have updated it in my account (at least 3 years). The occupant of my previous address would have wondered what was going on. Oh, how embarrassing, but there you go.

Let's see if a Gold pack arrives soon...
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:56 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by Grace B
Well, now I know why my Bronze, Silver and Gold packs never arrived. And here I was blaming BA!

I had to call BA last week regarding using a gold upgrade voucher, and, of course, I was asked to state my address as part of the ID verification process. When my current address was rejected it dawned on me that I must never have updated it in my account (at least 3 years). The occupant of my previous address would have wondered what was going on. Oh, how embarrassing, but there you go.

Let's see if a Gold pack arrives soon...
Sounds like a case of DYKWIL!
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:07 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by jerub
Looks like they finally did a print run. My gold tags arrived Friday, only 10 weeks after I dinged gold.
Same here - just arrived, after 11 weeks.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: BAEC
funny thread. I keep my card in my travel wallet with passport, etc., but having or not having a physical card has no bearing on benefits I receive, because those are all dependent on the number and not the card. Admittedly I flash it when checking in on American, but that's about the only perceived value I get from the plastic card.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 12:40 am

Just become a gold! Did the flight two days ago. Both the website and the phone app are showing the correct number of Avios and tier points but not giving me that warm glowing gold colour I crave. Website coloured silver although when I look at my account details it tells me I have achieved gold. Phone app showing a Silver card but stating “Gold achieved”. Oh please, please let it let me bathe in the warm glow soon! Silver is such a harsh colour and anyway it looks grey.

I like the idea of having a gold hat to wear as advocated by someone up-thread. Would sort out all those barging in stories we hear of. Perhaps the higher ranks’ hats could sport a flashing light and a recorded announcement, like you get on reversing lorries, to speed them past those tedious queues?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by S_W_S
No paper golden ticket though, first time I've hit gold - should there have been one?
Same deal for Mrs BertieB, I suspect they've been enhanced. I got the paper ticket in Jan, but nothing in her pack when it arrived last week. All the other stuff: card, tags and letter from (to steal a phrase) "that nice Mr Hillier"

Originally Posted by Greenpen
Phone app showing a Silver card but stating “Gold achieved”. Oh please, please let it let me bathe in the warm glow soon! Silver is such a harsh colour and anyway it looks grey.
Standard behaviour, refresh it (or log out/in) on day 3 and you shall be troubled no more by that steely reflection and instead be greeted in a calming mocha-esque manner that you may flash at anyone who dares try usurp you in the scrum orderly queues
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:52 am

Programs: BAEC
Just become a gold! Did the flight two days ago. Both the website and the phone app are showing the correct number of Avios and tier points but not giving me that warm glowing gold colour I crave. Website coloured silver although when I look at my account details it tells me I have achieved gold. Phone app showing a Silver card but stating “Gold achieved”. Oh please, please let it let me bathe in the warm glow soon! Silver is such a harsh colour and anyway it looks grey.

I like the idea of having a gold hat to wear as advocated by someone up-thread. Would sort out all those barging in stories we hear of. Perhaps the higher ranks’ hats could sport a flashing light and a recorded announcement, like you get on reversing lorries, to speed them past those tedious queues?
For what it’s worth I hit gold for the first time yesterday after a flight on Sunday that was posted yesterday and my account was upgraded as of this morning with the nice gold coloured banner and status.

So your pain of seeing that dull grey colour should be gone before you know it.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite

You've made me think of a wonderful idea. inserting blinking LEDs and little battery pack on the back of the Gold card card.

Too bad it would probably mean going on the SSSS list permanently if implemented it.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: Varies

My online status didn't change (from Bronze to Silver) until the day after the very end of my card expiry date. I achieved Silver on May 9th, and the website and app showed I'd flown the flights and got the tier points, but they only updated to show me as Silver on June 1st. I'd spoken to BA in between those times and that's when they told me it would update.

I also got no email acknowledgement, and still haven't received the welcome pack (but have had the replacement cards).
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:05 am

Well.
I finally received my pack (over 4 months since qualifying)
To add insult, BA didn't even bother paying the postage so I had to cover the cost of delivery!
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:14 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
They've definitely unclogged something in the works - 2 additional Gold welcome packs arrived for the OH today. No doubt she'll now be lording it over me as a triple gold.....
Old Jul 4, 2018, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Two heavy GOLD envelopes containing our new cards have just landed on the doormat. So that’s 4 days after the card expiry (not Membership) date. No grief, then!

No spare Luggage Tags these days, of course, but easily ordered online at ba.com.

* Do I just cut up the old [expired] ones, or try to sell them on eBay?

Last edited by T8191; Jul 4, 2018 at 1:41 pm
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold, AS 75K, VS Gold, AC 50K, WoH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Achieved Bronze and Silver in April and Gold in June, none received. I am currently not in town so am down for waiting, but I wonder if BA still indicates the status of the package (i.e. showing "dispatched" online in the EC Items section)?

Also I am resident in US

Last edited by JALOO5-Flyer; Jul 5, 2018 at 2:18 am Reason: additional information
Old Jul 14, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
I re-qualified for silver in March, and received that card last Tuesday.

I qualified for gold on 1st July (thanks FT!), and got my new card today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.