Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by mikeday1983
First time of doing this as a Silver member. I'm positioning to Inv in Jan on a Wednesday evening in CE. On the Thursday, I will fly to LHR then on to NYC in First. Will I be able to use the first wing and the CCR on the Wednesday night, seeing as I am flying in F about 12 hours after?
No you wont, not a day before your First travel. What if you were to cancel while in INV for arguments sake
Old Apr 14, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, IHG Gold, HHonors Gold
I am doing a B2B, LHR-CPH-LHR with the CPH-LHR leg in CE, would I be able to access the club lounge at LHR as I have a same day flight in Club Europe?
Old May 6, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
BA Vueling codeshare at LGW

Sent the BA Twitter team a question regarding lounge access when travelling on a BA codeshare (booked with BA so 125 ticket) as a GCH and got the response below. Has anyone actually got into the lounge at LGW when travelling on BA80xx Vueling codeshare?

Old May 6, 2019, 2:51 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ceej123
Sent the BA Twitter team a question regarding lounge access when travelling on a BA codeshare (booked with BA so 125 ticket) as a GCH and got the response below. Has anyone actually got into the lounge at LGW when travelling on BA80xx Vueling codeshare?
Yes I have. LGW lounges has a sgn up to explain how Golds can get access on codeshare flights.
ceej123 likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes I have. LGW lounges has a sgn up to explain how Golds can get access on codeshare flights.
Thanks @corporate-wage-slave I'll try it next Thursday and report back. Maybe someone should let the twitter team know too..it shouldn't be this difficult!

Is there a lounge access PDF anywhere? I remember seeing one a year or two back.

Also do you get into the F lounge as per "normal" BA flights or is it club only?

Thanks again.
Old May 6, 2019, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by ceej123
Thanks @corporate-wage-slave I'll try it next Thursday and report back. Maybe someone should let the twitter team know too..it shouldn't be this difficult!

Is there a lounge access PDF anywhere? I remember seeing one a year or two back.

Also do you get into the F lounge as per "normal" BA flights or is it club only?

Thanks again.
Hi,

I belive it is F lounge as per normal.

Regards

TBS
Old May 7, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: FB Gold, Hilton Diamond, some others as well
Just a quick example. Start my flight at AMS with a non ow carrier. Then a flight DUB-LHR-XXX. Is it correct that i can't acces the BA lounge in AMS since i'm not on a OW flight then but will later that day.
Some people said that they saw a green light when scanning their bp for dub-lhr at the AMS lounge but lounge agent refuses to let them in since there weren't departing AMS on a OW carrier. Is the lounge agent correct in this case?
Old May 7, 2019, 1:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lloydje33
Just a quick example. Start my flight at AMS with a non ow carrier. Then a flight DUB-LHR-XXX. Is it correct that i can't acces the BA lounge in AMS since i'm not on a OW flight then but will later that day.
Some people said that they saw a green light when scanning their bp for dub-lhr at the AMS lounge but lounge agent refuses to let them in since there weren't departing AMS on a OW carrier. Is the lounge agent correct in this case?
definite no. You need to be on a oneworld operated and marketed lounge to access the BA lounge, or a GCH booked on a BA codeshare on a BA 125-.. ticket. The lounge agent was entirely correct.
lloydje33 likes this.
Old May 12, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: SK EBD, AA PLT, SPG Gold
A scenario I have not yet seen answered but forgive me if I missed it. I am flying BA CW JFK-LHR (morning flight) connecting to a BA F flight from LHR on the same day. Will I have CCR access at JFK?

Last edited by ClaesJ; May 12, 2019 at 3:07 pm
Old May 12, 2019, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ClaesJ
A scenario I have not yet seen answered but forgive me if I missed it. I am flying BA CW JFK-LHR (morning flight) connecting to a BA F flight from JFK on the same day. Will I have CCR access at JFK?
Hi,

Apologies but I am a little confused.

You have a CW flight from JFK AND a F flight from JFK on the same day?

Regards

TBS
Old May 12, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
One from myself - can I, when travelling in F, guest a non F passenger on same flight into CCR?
Old May 12, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: SK EBD, AA PLT, SPG Gold
Sorry the second JFK should have read LHR! Edited
Old May 12, 2019, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jimlad48
One from myself - can I, when travelling in F, guest a non F passenger on same flight into CCR?
Hi,

Yes you can.

Regards

TBS
jimlad48 likes this.
Old May 12, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by ClaesJ
Sorry the second JFK should have read LHR! Edited
You cannot use the jfk ccr if you don't have a card or an f flight out of jfk.
You can only use the one in lhr where u have the f flight.. If this leaves from t5.
Old May 14, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Blue
I have Blue status and will be arriving at Gatwick on a First ticket then flying-on to Edinburgh on the same day. The class of travel from Gatwick to Edinburgh is Club Europe. All the flights have been booked together as part of a BA Holiday package.

The booking itinerary says to use the Club Lounge at Gatwick. The Lounge Access Guidelines in the wiki suggest that I can use the Gatwick First Lounge because I arrive and depart on the same day.

I contacted BA via their e-mail link and received a reply saying to use the Club Lounge.

Have the access criteria changed recently or will I still get access to the First Class lounge if I show my arriving ticket?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.