BA lounge access guidelines

Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by KARFA

yes that’s correct not sure how strictly that element is enforced though tbh.
I'm always learning something new on FT so thanks KARFA ^
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, AS Gold 75k, IHG Aspire, Marriott Titanium , National Exec Elite, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by KARFA
If on BA F and a GGL you can take two guests in to the CCR (LHR or JFK). Your CCR card is completely irrelevant in this situation and a GGL who hasn’t got a CCR card would have the same privileges.

A GGL in any cabin can take two guests in to any other BA lounge, so even if you were not in F you could take two guests in to the GF in T5.

I think the guide in post 1 does say this? Was there anything in the guide which is unclear on this?
2 Guests as a GGL flying F aligns with the guide, I was referencing post 460 where the CCR was cited as the requirement for a second guest which it seems is now confirmed as inaccurate.
thanks for the clarification!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:06 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by goodison
2 Guests as a GGL flying F aligns with the guide, I was referencing post 460 where the CCR was cited as the requirement for a second guest which it seems is now confirmed as inaccurate.
thanks for the clarification!
ah ok ^

Yes 460 is not correct in that respect.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hi all,

As a Bronze status flyer (I.e no lounge access a result of the status), I recently flew LHR-MAN one morning in CE. Obviously, I had lounge access at LHR.

Three hours after arriving at MAN, I flew back to LHR in Euro Traveller (same booking reference). There was no further travel after arriving back in LHR.

Should I have been allowed in the lounge at MAN for the return leg? The sticky on this post suggests I should have been allowed acccess (Scenario 3), but the lounge attendant thought not. Who was right?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by billyb750
The sticky on this post suggests I should have been allowed acccess (Scenario 3), but the lounge attendant thought not. Who was right?
I don't think you were a Scenario 3 case. That's for people who are connecting at the airport where the lounge is. But you weren't connecting at MAN: that was your destination, and your MAN-LHR flight was your return from your destination back to your origin, not a connection point.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by billyb750
Hi all,

As a Bronze status flyer (I.e no lounge access a result of the status), I recently flew LHR-MAN one morning in CE. Obviously, I had lounge access at LHR.

Three hours after arriving at MAN, I flew back to LHR in Euro Traveller (same booking reference). There was no further travel after arriving back in LHR.

Should I have been allowed in the lounge at MAN for the return leg? The sticky on this post suggests I should have been allowed acccess (Scenario 3), but the lounge attendant thought not. Who was right?
the lounge agent
billyb750 and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Please excuse me if the answer to this is buried in this thread: I did try to search for it both on the BA site and here.

My husband and I were booked on an Iberia Express flight from LGW (S) to MAD. We were in business and booked under a BA code. We are both BA Gold My husband arrived at the BA lounge before me. The lounge staff said that only BA Golds were allowed in and required him to produce a physical card (despite his digital boarding pass showing his BAEC number and “Emerald”; the general unwelcoming attitude of the lounge staff being another issue for another thread). Is it right that if we had not been gold card holders, despite flying business on a oneworld flight, we would not have got in? Is it perhaps something to do with Iberia Express not being a member of Oneworld? I am mildly intrigued....
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

I believe the lounge agent may have made an error in this instance. Full oneworld benefits are applicable to Iberia Express flights. I wonder if perhaps the agent was confusing IB Express with Vueling, as the Gold only access rule does apply to BA codeshares on VY
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The app also has a digital card in Accounts. A mistake was made here.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Interesting thread, thanks for all the info all.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The app also has a digital card in Accounts. A mistake was made here.
Thanks all. CWS’s word is determinative so far as I am concerned. This whole episode warrants a complaint. I was particularly irritated by “I work here so I ought to know”. Yes, but you didn’t.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by hsmall
This whole episode warrants a complaint. I was particularly irritated by “I work here so I ought to know”. Yes, but you didn’t.
This would have to be handled with sensitivity but the LGW desk has a plastic binder, with laminated A4 sheets in it, and there is one such sheet which correctly outlines the rules for the Iberia service.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:32 am

Thanks. I will compose the complaint with care. I am not a complainer by nature but I do dislike being patronised and I especially dislike my spouse being patronised.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprüngli Connaisseur
I've not been able to find the answer to this, so here goes:

I've got a flight booked in F from SEA-LHR, and a second flight booked in Y from LHR-ZRH. They are separate tickets. Am I able to use the First Wing to check in for the second flight based on my incoming F flight?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:11 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by greg5
I've not been able to find the answer to this, so here goes:

I've got a flight booked in F from SEA-LHR, and a second flight booked in Y from LHR-ZRH. Am I able to use the First Wing to check in for the second flight based on my incoming F flight?
what’s the time frame? Same day connection at LHR i would say yes to TFW (or take the airside connections route) and you can use the CCR - keep hold of your inbound F bp to show.

If you arrive on a different day to when your lhr-zrh flight departs then the answer would be no to TFW and CCR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.