Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MrsBiggles
Hi, am a Silver card holder and will be flying First to Vegas from T3 in a few weeks time on a F redemption ticket. Someone I know is on the same flight in WT, she has no status though. Will I be able to guest her into the CX First lounge? Or can I only guest her into the BA First lounge at T3? Many thanks.
yes you can guest her in, and you can use any of the F oneworld lounges so AA/CX/BAor you can use the QF lounge.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thank you KARFA, that's great ^
Old Jan 19, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
We will be flying BA CE FRA-LHR and BA F from LHR-PHX. The flight from FRA arrives in T-5 but the LHR-PHX flight departs from T-3. We have a 3 hr. connection. Will be be able to use the Concorde Room or will we be forced to go through the flight connections center and be shuttled off to T-3 right after arrival?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
We will be flying BA CE FRA-LHR and BA F from LHR-PHX. The flight from FRA arrives in T-5 but the LHR-PHX flight departs from T-3. We have a 3 hr. connection. Will be be able to use the Concorde Room or will we be forced to go through the flight connections center and be shuttled off to T-3 right after arrival?
Hi,

You will not be able to use the CCR in T5 as you are shuffled to the buses to T3 then clear security at T3.

However T3 has some excellent lounges ( Cathay F, AA F, BA F and Qantas) which you can use all of them based on travelling in F

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Flying Euro Traveller LHR - ARN and then flying in QR Business ARN - DOH - SIN on the same day, but a separate ticket.

Do I have access to Galleries Club leaving LHR? Is it made more complicated by the fact that we won't necessarily have checked in for the QR flight before leaving LHR?

Am I better off just using my amex platinum and going to the plaza premium T5?

Many thanks
Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:32 pm

You will have no lounge access at LHR. Your ARN-SIN ticket has absolutely nothing to do with the first leg. Amex it will have to be.

Lounge access at ARN of course with J ticket.

Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by THEOBCMAN
You will have no lounge access at LHR. Your ARN-SIN ticket has absolutely nothing to do with the first leg. Amex it will have to be.

Lounge access at ARN of course with J ticket.
The reason I was asking is the oneworld rules say:
Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
  • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
  • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
  • You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.
I just wasn't sure if it has to be all on one ticket for it to count as a connection.

I mean, I don't mind going to the plaza premium, I'm just exploring the possibilities
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by drphilth
The reason I was asking is the oneworld rules say:

I just wasn't sure if it has to be all on one ticket for it to count as a connection.

I mean, I don't mind going to the plaza premium, I'm just exploring the possibilities
the connection rules don’t apply as you are not connecting between flights at LHR.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, AS Gold 75k, IHG Aspire, Marriott Titanium , National Exec Elite, Amex Plat
Just when I thought I had all lounge access scenarios memorised I find a new one that is (slightly) confusing me. Scenario as follows:

I'll arrive in BA F from LAX to LHR and travel on to GVA in ET (on a separate PNR)
I'm meeting people at LHR who will be travelling on to GVA with me (same flight but a mixture of cabin and status from Bronze to Gold)

My understanding is that I can get into the CCR as a result of arriving in BA F. I can bring in 2 guests as a benefit of being GGL. Is this correct?

My understanding is that my CCR card doesn't get me any benefits in this scenario, i.e. I can't bring in more than 2 guests. Is this correct?

My further assumption is that I could also bring at most 2 guests into the F (or Galleries) lounge . Is this correct?

Many thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Assuming all your connections are departing t5 in my understanding you can guest 1 pax to ccr because of flying arriving in F and another pax into ccr for being a ccr card holder.
Flying in F only gets 1 guest into ccr.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, AS Gold 75k, IHG Aspire, Marriott Titanium , National Exec Elite, Amex Plat
That was more like what I was expecting but doesn’t align with the guide at the start of this thread.

I am indeed arriving at and departing from T5.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by goodison
That was more like what I was expecting but doesn’t align with the guide at the start of this thread.

I am indeed arriving at and departing from T5.
asuuming this is still vaild.. it Shows clearly 2 guests if travelling in F to the CCR

https://askba-faqemail.custhelp.com/...4P+%284%29.pdf
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:43 am

If on BA F and a GGL you can take two guests in to the CCR (LHR or JFK). Your CCR card is completely irrelevant in this situation and a GGL who hasn’t got a CCR card would have the same privileges.

A GGL in any cabin can take two guests in to any other BA lounge, so even if you were not in F you could take two guests in to the GF in T5.

I think the guide in post 1 does say this? Was there anything in the guide which is unclear on this?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

You obviously know far, far more than me on these things KARFA but would I be correct in saying that for a GGL to take 2 guests into the CCR the guests must be on BA only flights?

Whereas a for GF one guest must be on a BA flight but the other can be on on another oneworld carrier (thinking IB re T5)

Thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by PETER01
You obviously know far, far more than me on these things KARFA but would I be correct in saying that for a GGL to take 2 guests into the CCR the guests must be on BA only flights?

Whereas a for GF one guest must be on a BA flight but the other can be on on another oneworld carrier (thinking IB re T5)

Thanks!
yes that’s correct not sure how strictly that element is enforced though tbh.
PETER01 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.