Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Blue
My wife and I are flying GLA-LGW (CE) (overnight less than24 hours)-TPA(CW)-LGW(CW)-GLA(ET) in a few weeks time. These are redemption flights. I'm looking at MMB which shows that we have lounge access at LGW on the outbound and at TPA on the inbound. A couple of questions;-
  1. I would have expected lounge access at GLA on the outbound as we are in CE. Am I wrong?
  2. Although not showing in MMB, presumably because we are in ET, I believe that we will have lounge access at LGW on the inbound by virtue of the long haul J we are connecting from. I will keep my J boarding passes. Correct?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by gate4lounge
My wife and I are flying GLA-LGW (CE) (overnight less than24 hours)-TPA(CW)-LGW(CW)-GLA(ET) in a few weeks time. These are redemption flights. I'm looking at MMB which shows that we have lounge access at LGW on the outbound and at TPA on the inbound. A couple of questions;-
  1. I would have expected lounge access at GLA on the outbound as we are in CE. Am I wrong?
  2. Although not showing in MMB, presumably because we are in ET, I believe that we will have lounge access at LGW on the inbound by virtue of the long haul J we are connecting from. I will keep my J boarding passes. Correct?
Hi,

Correct on both ( MMB can be a bit flakey on lounge access sometimes(

Regards

TBS
gate4lounge likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:34 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
1. Yes you get access as you are in CE for your flight from GLA

2. Yes for a same day connection you get access to the BA club lounge at LGW before your last flight based on your inbound flight in CW, as you noted keep your bp to show.
gate4lounge likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Thanks both ^
Old Oct 24, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
I am flying in First from LHR to PHL and then connecting to an AA flight to JAX. Do I have access to the BA lounge during my connection in PHL? Or should I use the AA lounge?
Or do I have a choice?
Thanks
Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
pretty basic question, ay?.... yes you have access and choice... AA might be departing from a different terminal. so make sure to have time to connect from the lounge
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
Very quick question and I think I have this right. Me, my wife and my brother are travelling to NYC over Christmas. My wife and I are in F and my brother (no status) is in J all on the same flights each way. My understanding is I can guest one person with me into the CCR so my brother can join us?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by nick.t.davies
Very quick question and I think I have this right. Me, my wife and my brother are travelling to NYC over Christmas. My wife and I are in F and my brother (no status) is in J all on the same flights each way. My understanding is I can guest one person with me into the CCR so my brother can join us?
100% correct. You and your wife can guest 1 person in each.
nick.t.davies likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks for the confirmation PETER01
PETER01 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:09 am

Programs: BA, IB, LH, U2
Might I suggest adding another Scenario at the top:
Transit from a long haul flight in CW or F to a non-qualifying short-haul flight in ET
Comments suggest this does get access to lounge in transit, as well as at original start point, even if long-haul is overnight.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zsalya_fly
Might I suggest adding another Scenario at the top:
Transit from a long haul flight in CW or F to a non-qualifying short-haul flight in ET
Comments suggest this does get access to lounge in transit, as well as at original start point, even if long-haul is overnight.
Isn't that covered in scenario 6? So CW/F connecting on to CE/ET?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: BA Silver
I have been reading that the "Temporary" BA Lounge in Toronto has been incorporated into the Plaza Premium Lounge.
We will be travelling home from Toronto in January, both Silver and in Club,
Will we still be able to guest someone into the Lounge who is on our flight , travelling WT+ ?
Just not sure of the rules with it being a Plaza Premium Lounge.

Thanks.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 6:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by sentosa
I have been reading that the "Temporary" BA Lounge in Toronto has been incorporated into the Plaza Premium Lounge.
We will be travelling home from Toronto in January, both Silver and in Club,
Will we still be able to guest someone into the Lounge who is on our flight , travelling WT+ ?
Just not sure of the rules with it being a Plaza Premium Lounge.

Thanks.
I believe so.

Toronto YYZ British Airways Lounges

Overview
  • BA lounges reopened in June 2018. Now managed by Plaza Premium
  • Normal BA access rules apply. No avenues for entry via Priority Pass/Dragonpass or cash booking
    Further road testing may be needed to ascertain if this can be treated as a oneworld lounge
  • Preflight dining available in the business class section, accessible to all guests (for now)
  • Small dining room located in the First section available to First ticket holders
  • No showers but guests may use the shower facilities belonging to the Plaza Premium lounge next door
sentosa likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Silver
Talking

Originally Posted by PETER01
I believe so.

Toronto YYZ British Airways Lounges

Overview
  • BA lounges reopened in June 2018. Now managed by Plaza Premium
  • Normal BA access rules apply. No avenues for entry via Priority Pass/Dragonpass or cash booking
    Further road testing may be needed to ascertain if this can be treated as a oneworld lounge
  • Preflight dining available in the business class section, accessible to all guests (for now)
  • Small dining room located in the First section available to First ticket holders
  • No showers but guests may use the shower facilities belonging to the Plaza Premium lounge next door

Thank you so much for the VERY speedy reply Peter01.
Fingers Crossed.
PETER01 likes this.

Last edited by sentosa; Nov 30, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: BA, IB, LH, U2
Originally Posted by KARFA
Isn't that covered in scenario 6? So CW/F connecting on to CE/ET?
I now see that in the detail it is, but I read the heading, which is different!
KARFA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.