BA lounge access guidelines

Old Sep 21, 2018, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
We will be flying in CE from LHR to MUC on a Sunday evening and will most likely arrive at Heathrow in the mid afternoon that day (via Heathrow Express). It appears our flight will depart from T5 and it's my understanding we will be able to use the Galleries Club lounge on a complimentary basis. As a Priority Club member, we will also have access to the Aspire lounge in T5 but, of course, would have to pay for the privilege.....which I'm willing to consider if the Aspire lounge is demonstrably superior to the Galleries Club lounge. We've never visited either lounge at T5. Thoughts?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Galleries Club, N and S both have their merits, I marginally prefer N.

Aspire is Ok but you will probably have a long wait to get in if they are taking PP people at all, and if you qualify for the BA lounges through travel
class you might as well use it.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by BobServant
Galleries Club, N and S both have their merits, I marginally prefer N.

Aspire is Ok but you will probably have a long wait to get in if they are taking PP people at all, and if you qualify for the BA lounges through travel
class you might as well use it.
Sounds like a plan. Thank you, sir!
Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jlemon
As a Priority Club member, we will also have access to the Aspire lounge in T5 but, of course, would have to pay for the privilege.....which I'm willing to consider if the Aspire lounge is demonstrably superior to the Galleries Club lounge. We've never visited either lounge at T5. Thoughts?
These things are subjective, but I would doubt many people would willingly choose Aspire over Galleries Club, it's not a good lounge. Plaza Premium, which doesn't take Priority Pass, would be another matter altogether. GC South to my mind is the better lounge, but if you have plenty of time, use the B lounge and read up on the Passageway guide in the Dashboard. Using that lounge potentially adds an extra 5-10 minutes to time between lounge and gate.
Aspire Lounge and Spa: Paid for lounge in LHR T5 - Information, photographs, reviews
Old Sep 22, 2018, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
These things are subjective, but I would doubt many people would willingly choose Aspire over Galleries Club, it's not a good lounge. Plaza Premium, which doesn't take Priority Pass, would be another matter altogether. GC South to my mind is the better lounge, but if you have plenty of time, use the B lounge and read up on the Passageway guide in the Dashboard. Using that lounge potentially adds an extra 5-10 minutes to time between lounge and gate.
Aspire Lounge and Spa: Paid for lounge in LHR T5 - Information, photographs, reviews
Many thanks, CWS!
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Question about access on a specific situation:
OWE traveling from PHL --> LHR --> HYD on AA flight Numbers but BA metal.
PHL --> LHR in F, LHR --> HYD in J

Traveling companion also OWE in J on both flights

Will I have CCR access in LHR, and will I be able to guest traveling companion in (I think Yes/Yes)?
Would they have access to CCR on their own (I think no)?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dad to Rei
Will I have CCR access in LHR, and will I be able to guest traveling companion in (I think Yes/Yes)?
Yes, the First traveller can use CCR and guest someone into CCR after the PHL-LHR sector. However without the First traveller to hand, the Club World traveller would only have access to the 3 Galleries Club lounges airside (and Arrivals landside) off their own reservation.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, the First traveller can use CCR and guest someone into CCR after the PHL-LHR sector. However without the First traveller to hand, the Club World traveller would only have access to the 3 Galleries Club lounges airside (and Arrivals landside) off their own reservation.
Thanks CWS. Very much appreciate the confirmation.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Dad to Rei
Question about access on a specific situation:
OWE traveling from PHL --> LHR --> HYD on AA flight Numbers but BA metal.
PHL --> LHR in F, LHR --> HYD in J

Traveling companion also OWE in J on both flights

Hi,

In addition to c-w-s comments

If the travelling companion is in CW but a OWE (Emerald), then they can access Galleries First also ( and the Galleries club)

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver,
I'm assuming the answer is no, but if I have a BA boarding pass from LHR-MAN on the same day as a non OW flight from DXB to LHR am I able to use the BA lounge at DXB by virtue of the fact I have an onward same day boarding pass for a OW market and operated flight and I am OWE? Or does onward in this case mean from the airport in which you are wanting to gain lounge access?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ThrowingBoeing
I'm assuming the answer is no, but if I have a BA boarding pass from LHR-MAN on the same day as a non OW flight from DXB to LHR am I able to use the BA lounge at DXB by virtue of the fact I have an onward same day boarding pass for a OW market and operated flight and I am OWE? Or does onward in this case mean from the airport in which you are wanting to gain lounge access?
Yes...your onward flight originating from that airport should be OW...
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Next week, I'm flying with some sort of IAG airline from London Gatwick (LGW) to Vienna (VIE). Depending on who I ask, it might be Level, it might be Vueling, or it might be Anisec. It's all a bit of a mess really! I think it's a Level branded, Anisec operated, Vueling ticketed flight, but who knows... The boarding pass doesn't really help - it looks like a Vueling one, standard Vueling layout, but has an out-of-place green Level logo slapped in the top left, and no ticket numbers anywhere!

Anyway, lounge wise. I'm assuming that if I turn up at the BA lounges in Gatwick, with a GGL card and my boarding pass, I'm going to be politely told No. Is my understanding of the lounge rules correct, or is there some sort of "but we're all the same company" clause I've missed that'd get me in?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
Next week, I'm flying with some sort of IAG airline from London Gatwick (LGW) to Vienna (VIE). Depending on who I ask, it might be Level, it might be Vueling, or it might be Anisec. It's all a bit of a mess really! I think it's a Level branded, Anisec operated, Vueling ticketed flight, but who knows... The boarding pass doesn't really help - it looks like a Vueling one, standard Vueling layout, but has an out-of-place green Level logo slapped in the top left, and no ticket numbers anywhere!

Anyway, lounge wise. I'm assuming that if I turn up at the BA lounges in Gatwick, with a GGL card and my boarding pass, I'm going to be politely told No. Is my understanding of the lounge rules correct, or is there some sort of "but we're all the same company" clause I've missed that'd get me in?
Hi,

I think you will be politely turned away. If the flight was BA coded ( BA flight number ie BA 5XXX) then with your GGL ( or gold card) you could get to the BA lounge I believe

If you have a priority pass card with your Amex Plat then you should get a PP lounge access

Regards
TBS
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:56 am

CCR access

We will be flying in First (class Z) from NRT to LHR (terminal 5) with British Airways.

Later, in the same day, we will have another flight from LHR (terminal 5) to MAD with Iberia

Will we have CCR access in LHR?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
yes... you will... keep your First boarding passes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.