Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by david55
We will be overnighting at the LHR Sofitel on the way to Athens. Our morning flight from LHR-ATH leaves at 6:55 AM. We have flown from the States in F the day before but our connection to ATH is CE. Which lounge ( if any) will we have access to before our early morning flight to Athens?

Thanks.
You should get access to the CCR. Just let the lounge agent know that you flew in in first the day prior and ask if you can get in. I have never been refused under these circumstances.

Last edited by Andriyko; Jul 10, 2018 at 11:22 pm
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
let us know if they have been coorperative please.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Andriyko
You'll should get access to the CCR. Just let the lounge agent know that you flew in in first the day prior and ask if you can get in. I have never been refused under these circumstances.
Interesting....I was told under no circumstances would we get CCR room that morning. But...hey worth a try.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 10:20 am

I would just like to verify lounge access ORD-LHR because from what I read at the beginning of thread we'll be fine. If currently booked in T class on BA marketed/operated and considering upgrade to Club World that we'll be able to access arrivals lounge in T5. Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by sparoiler
I would just like to verify lounge access ORD-LHR because from what I read at the beginning of thread we'll be fine. If currently booked in T class on BA marketed/operated and considering upgrade to Club World that we'll be able to access arrivals lounge in T5. Thanks!
If you upgrade to Club World, you will have access. If you remain in T (which is World Traveller Plus) then you won't have access by virtue of your ticket.

If you are BA Gold (or IB/AA equiv) you can also access the arrivals lounge via status, per the wiki
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
If you upgrade to Club World, you will have access. If you remain in T (which is World Traveller Plus) then you won't have access by virtue of your ticket.

If you are BA Gold (or IB/AA equiv) you can also access the arrivals lounge via status, per the wiki
Thanks for confirming BertieBadger. Unfortunately, at this time our AA equiv Gold = BA Blue I think :/ However, I am considering the AA Platinum Challenge to also get OWS status. For our upcoming trip the challenge would only benefit us returning LHR-ORD for Galleries access since OWS + 1 guest grants access but not arrivals. The cost of the challenge for one so we can get T5 BA lounge access coming back is less than total cost for both of us to upgrade LHR-ORD to CW and it comes with immediate access for permitted OW lounges
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:46 am
PZE

Programs: BA Bronze, KrisFlyer Silver
Apologies if I’ve missed this somewhere in the thread, but does a) being on a FlyBe codeshare and b) transferring LHR-LGW change the general principle of same day SH connections in Economy qualifying for lounge access when the LH leg is business? I’m arriving into LHR having flown CW from ORD and catching the BE (one class) flight LGW-NQY about 5 hours later. Can I get into the LGW lounge in this case?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PZE
I’m arriving into LHR having flown CW from ORD and catching the BE (one class) flight LGW-NQY about 5 hours later. Can I get into the LGW lounge in this case?
That scenario gets no lounge access unless you are a BA gold cardholder.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:06 am
PZE

Programs: BA Bronze, KrisFlyer Silver
(sad face emoji)

Thanks as ever @corporate-wage-slave. Out of interest, given that this is a through ticket with BA flight numbers throughout is the issue here that it’s operated by FlyBe or that it’s an airport change? My understanding from the thread header is that CW long haul plus ET connection on single-class flights allowed lounge access as a default so wondered what distinguished this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PZE
Out of interest, given that this is a through ticket with BA flight numbers throughout is the issue here that it’s operated by FlyBe or that it’s an airport change? My understanding from the thread header is that CW long haul plus ET connection on single-class flights allowed lounge access as a default so wondered what distinguished this.
The problem is that FlyBe is not a oneworld airline, and indeed has no reciprocal lounges of its own to offer into the system, though that is by-the-by. The lounge structure hinges around oneworld membership, with, for historical reasons, a single exception that BAEC Gold cardholders have access on non oneworld codeshares at BA operated lounges only.
PZE likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 9:41 pm

Sorry for the question - couldn't find it during my searches.

In short: Two of us flying IB from T5 to MAD. I am GGL/CCR. This flight IB3175 has a BA prime flight number BA514, but it was booked via Iberia.com with the IB flight number. Do I and my guest have CCR access, just me, or none of us? Also, would I check in as normal at the First Wing for this flight?

I seem to recall someone mentioning in a past thread that IB is treated for all intents and purposes as BA departing LHR, and that the boarding passes etc would show a BA flight number, but can't seem to find that thread.

thanks!
Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
yes. there is an error in the WIKI up here as far as I see.
I had the same problem returning from JFK on IB number and metal .. and finally found an answer on some BA website.. CCR card holders get access if you fly OneWorld.. not only BA.

I am not sure.. but I think this will be + your guest.

First Wing for sure!

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb.../lounge-access

here you go
TGflyergirl likes this.

Last edited by Vasco Pridat; Jul 30, 2018 at 12:34 am Reason: adding information
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
This flight IB3175 has a BA prime flight number BA514, but it was booked via Iberia.com with the IB flight number. Do I and my guest have CCR access, just me, or none of us? Also, would I check in as normal at the First Wing for this flight?

I seem to recall someone mentioning in a past thread that IB is treated for all intents and purposes as BA departing LHR, and that the boarding passes etc would show a BA flight number, but can't seem to find that thread.
Yes, the second point is the case, and you would be OK to enter the CCR on this basis, on two grounds, Firstly your operating aircraft is BA, just as an AA codeshare on BA First metal is OK for CCR - or AA codeshare going to NCL for that matter. Secondly anyway CCR allows IB metal in since in practical terms it's a BA flight in terms of Ready to Fly. I had no problem using IB metal, IB ticketed flights to Asturias, when for a brief period they used T5. CCR is indeed OK for oneworld flights for CCR cardholders, but not for all oneworld First, there was a time when it wasn't thus.
TGflyergirl likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 5:18 am

Thanks for the replies! ^ I guess I'd taken CCR access for granted because I've never flown anything but BA from T5.

I only got to thinking about it a few days ago and I suspected from the lack of complaints/rants here on FT that the arrangement for IB was indeed a friendly one, but was just checking to make sure.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
My mum is flying DXB-LHR-YYZ in paid CW. I was able to upgrade her to F using Avios for the DXB-LHR segment only. Would she have access to the Concorde Room in LHR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.