Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2018, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Stumbling into unfamiliar terrirtory, but a comfort response would be apprecaited ...

LHR T3, flying BA CW as a BAEC Gold. Am I right in remembering that the Cathay Lounge is the place to go?
Old May 6, 2018, 6:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by T8191
LHR T3, flying BA CW as a BAEC Gold. Am I right in remembering that the Cathay Lounge is the place to go?
Probably yes, though it depends a bit on what you are looking for in a lounge and time of day. All 7 lounge options and sub-options are open to you, see the T3 guide in the Dashboard to see which works best for you.
T8191 likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Probably yes, though it depends a bit on what you are looking for in a lounge and time of day. All 7 lounge options and sub-options are open to you, see the T3 guide in the Dashboard to see which works best for you.
Thanks for the quick reply! There for a couple of hours for a 1430 departure, and will be fed on-board, so just somewhere quiet and comfortable with some nice snacks. I will revisit the Dashboard ... my quick look earlier had me a bit overwhelmed.

I assume your 7 lounges includes those labelled First, on the basis of our OW status.
Old May 6, 2018, 7:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by T8191
Thanks for the quick reply! There for a couple of hours for a 1430 departure, and will be fed on-board, so just somewhere quiet and comfortable with some nice snacks. I will revisit the Dashboard ... my quick look earlier had me a bit overwhelmed.

I assume your 7 lounges includes those labelled First, on the basis of our OW status.
Yes indeed, read the top of the thread for the details of how Emerald status works on oneworld.

The quietest at that time will be Qantas, and it has some good snacks for you (along with the rabbit food at which you can poke fun), they also have the gin bar on the movable yard-arm principle. Cathay is certainly comfortable, but they have a 12:30 flight, so depending your arrival time it won't be the quietest. Plus though they are set up well for full meals in the First dining room, and there is the noodle bar over in Business, their range of snacks in the First lounge is the most limited of the First lounges. AA First will be busy, perhaps even crowded. BA First (make sure you go into the right section!) will be reasonably quiet, mainly because it's three times bigger than the alternatives. So given your criteria, I would perhaps head to Qantas, and if you don't like it - or after the Cathay flight has departed - move to CX or BA.
T8191 likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice summary ... many thanks for that, Fount Of Knowledge!
Old May 6, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The Codeshare+Gold allowance only applies at BA's own operated lounges, and BA's lounge in DUB is an third party lounge provided by the airport authority. And it's in terminal 1 whereas you are in terminal 2. I guess you went this way out of convenience and cost, so unfortunately it's one of the things that got sacrificed in this route selection.
Many thanks for the clarification C-W-S. You are absolutely correct regarding the reasons for choosing this route selection!

Likely, it's not the answer I wanted to hear, but I really appreciate the information that you folks provide and will perhaps assist when considering future flights/routings.

w3andw4d
Old May 6, 2018, 11:05 pm

Flying LHR-INV on a one-way positioning ticket, then:

INV-LHR, LHR-SCL on another ticket in First.

Obviously I would have access to Galleries First/Concorde Room at Heathrow after arriving in from INV at LHR prior to my LHR-SCL flight but my question is, would I have access to Galleries First/Concorde Room prior to my LHR-INV positioning flight.
Old May 7, 2018, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by xxxxx
Obviously I would have access to Galleries First/Concorde Room at Heathrow after arriving in from INV at LHR prior to my LHR-SCL flight but my question is, would I have access to Galleries First/Concorde Room prior to my LHR-INV positioning flight.
If you show your First boarding pass then I suspect they will let you in, just say you haven't done Ready to Fly on the BP yet. Try and dissuade them from doing RtF before you get back from INV otherwise you'll have an error getting back airside again.
Old May 8, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: BAEC, AerClub
I'm doing DUB-LHR-LAS next month in F and whilst I obviously won't be able to access the concorde room outbound as the LAS flight departs from T3, I'm unsure if I will actually have access when back into LHR from LAS. I know the concorde room can be accessed with a same day inbound F boarding pass, but my LAS-LHR boarding pass will be dated the previous day to my flight to DUB out of T5.
Can someone clarify?
Old May 8, 2018, 1:49 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by FinnRolo
I'm doing DUB-LHR-LAS next month in F and whilst I obviously won't be able to access the concorde room outbound as the LAS flight departs from T3, I'm unsure if I will actually have access when back into LHR from LAS. I know the concorde room can be accessed with a same day inbound F boarding pass, but my LAS-LHR boarding pass will be dated the previous day to my flight to DUB out of T5.
Can someone clarify?
Yes, you should be permitted. See post 4 of this thread (quoting from same):

In practice the same day connection requirement is loosely applied. For example lounge access may be granted when connecting from an overnight flight. The general acceptance is so long as your departing flight occurs on the same day as your previous flight arrived you will be granted access during your transit.

Passengers arriving into LHR having flown in First Class with an onward connection on BA at T5 may use the Concorde Room providing:
  • The incoming flight was operated by BA. This excludes BA codeshare on another oneworld partner metal
  • And/or, the departing flight is operated by BA and the class of travel is First
Old May 8, 2018, 4:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FinnRolo
Can someone clarify?
yes that's fine. as you arrive at LHR the next day your connection at lhr to your DUB flight will be on the same day.
Old May 9, 2018, 6:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
The oneworld website says BA uses the Luxair lounge at LUX but that it closes at 6.45pm. Is this correct? If so, does this mean there is no lounge for BA419 at 9.25pm?
Old May 14, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Any chance I can get into CCR in NYC or bar (if any) at LAX when flying BA marketed AA operated transcon flights in F (on a 3 class aircraft)?
Just realised there is no access to AA Flagship dining (as they require AA marketed and operated flights)... Ignore the connecting flights in this equation (BA TATL marketed and operated), those may be in business and not on the same/ next day also.
Old May 14, 2018, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Keter
Any chance I can get into CCR in NYC or bar (if any) at LAX when flying BA marketed AA operated transcon flights in F (on a 3 class aircraft)?
Just realised there is no access to AA Flagship dining (as they require AA marketed and operated flights)... Ignore the connecting flights in this equation (BA TATL marketed and operated), those may be in business and not on the same/ next day also.

Hi,

At JFK BA uses T7 and AA use T8 so you have to change terminals.

As your profile says BA Gold, you can use the AA Flagship lounge in T8

Regards

TBS
Old May 14, 2018, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Keter
If you are arriving on BA and connecting onwards to AA, you won't have access to the departures area of the BA terminal T8 and therefore won't be able to access the JFK CCR. You can take the landside Airtran to connect to the AA terminal T7.

At the far right as you enter the building from the street, there is the Flagship First check-in. Give your name to the greeter and they will let you in. It's an isolated check-in area usually with hardly any people. You'll then proceed to the security line. This line actually drops you off at the front of the TSA-pre line. They will give your priority over other people in the TSA-pre line, often to their bemusement. I'm not sure what happens if you don't have TSA-pre, but I presume you are directed to the front of the non-pre line.

You are now in the departures area of T7. Straight ahead you should see signs to the flagship lounge. Go up the stairs/elevator and you'll find the entrance. You'll be given a Flagship dining voucher as you are in transcon F on an AA operated flight. The fact that you booked the BA codeshare doesn't matter for Flagship First dining purposes. This, and only this, allows you to enter the Flagship dining room within the Flagship lounge. Other passengers, including OWE have to make do with a buffet. Although there is the secret Flagship bridge area which also does the burger. Anyway, if you are in transcon F the dining room is very nice, with great views and good food/champagne. There is full table service here. The food isn't as fancy as the CCR, but it's a bit more wholesome / comfort food.

It's not really published but if you are arriving in JFK on an AA transcon F, you can also go to the Flagship lounge and the Flagship First Dining room too. Yes, even if you don't have an onward flight. Remember to keep your boarding card. The same is true at the LAX flagship lounge dining room when you arrive you are also granted access. In the US, most domestic passengers mix arriving and departing passengers.

LAX is slightly different from JFK. There are lots of terminals, but now they are all connected airside. If you have a connecting oneworld flight, or if you are departing LAX on an AA transcon in F, it's a much better idea to walk over to the TBIT terminal and head to the Qantas First lounge. It takes about 5-7 mins walk from the AA flagship lounge and is quite well signposted.

QF F Lounge access rules:
-If you are departing in AA transcon F, you will definitely have access.
-If you are departing in AA/One World and are a BA gold card holder, you will definitely have access.
-If you are arriving in AA transcon F and connecting to a 2 class AA F flight and you are NOT a BA Gold/OWE then technically you should have access, though there are several reports of that not being honored. YMMV
-If you are arriving with no onward flight then you won't have access, go to the AA Flagship lounge instead.

From your profile I can see you are BA gold, so head straight to the QF F lounge. It's much better in every regard.

The QF F lounge is usually very quiet and has a large dining area. The food is exceptional. All of it. Seriously, you will not want to leave it's that good. They have a celebrity chef create the menus and it really shows. I could spend a lot of time in this lounge and would go out of my way to connect in LAX just to go here. The breakfast food is especially good. Try the pancakes and thank me later.
rossmacd likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.