Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by the810
I will be departing on evening LHR-VIE flight out of terminal 3 in Club Europe in a few days. I don't have any OW status at the moment. Do I have to use BA lounge, or can I use another oneworld lounge? If so, which would you recommend? Flight departs at 19:15.
No you can use any OW lounge given your class of ticket. The GC lounge is OK-nice ish but the CX J lounge has great food, noodles etc and much nicer views. Never been in the new QF lounge so worthy a try too if you have the time. I don't rate the AA lounge at all personally.
the810 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If a CCR cardholder then it is probably easiest to do it when you are in the CCR on a previous visit.
Or just call the GGL line. They can make the booking for you.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
OW sapphire AA domestic access?

Not sure if this is the right place but hoping someone can help answer a question for me.

I’m Platinum on AA traveling on a purely domestic US itinerary from IAD-DFW on Saturday. Will I be able to use the BA lounge at IAD since I am on an AA flight?

I wasn’t able to find anything stating I needed to be on an international flight and the OW website seems to indicate I would have access.

Thanks!
Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gradboozer
Not sure if this is the right place but hoping someone can help answer a question for me.

I’m Platinum on AA traveling on a purely domestic US itinerary from IAD-DFW on Saturday. Will I be able to use the BA lounge at IAD since I am on an AA flight?

I wasn’t able to find anything stating I needed to be on an international flight and the OW website seems to indicate I would have access.

Thanks!
OW elites via AA are not allowed on purely domestic itineraries I think...I have not tried it but knowing BA,
they are looking for reasons to keep people out :-) As United MP / *Gold elite I was able to use
TK/LH lounges at IAD on a domestic only trip.
gradboozer likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Thanks for the response. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and report back. Worst they can say is "no"
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by gradboozer

The BA lounge opens at 14:30 for oneworld passengers. Before that it's Priority Pass only.

However, you don't have access based on oneworld rules:

American Airlines AAdvantage® members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligible for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA Blue :(
I'm pretty sure that I know the answer from all the fantastic explanations but I just wanted to double check something.

I'm a lowly BA Blue who will be flying in Club Europe from GLA to LHR (Selling Class J) and then from LHR to VIE (Selling Class R) in one day. Am I right in saying that flying out from LHR T3 to VIE I'll be able to use any of the OneWorld lounges?

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 31, 2018, 4:56 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by applepie2100
I'm pretty sure that I know the answer from all the fantastic explanations but I just wanted to double check something.

I'm a lowly BA Blue who will be flying in Club Europe from GLA to LHR (Selling Class J) and then from LHR to VIE (Selling Class R) in one day. Am I right in saying that flying out from LHR T3 to VIE I'll be able to use any of the OneWorld lounges?

Thanks in advance!
If R class is Club Europe you should be able to use ! But AA, QF and CX should deny you entry based
on reciprocating "lounge full" reason BA does that to many OW elites all over the world
Old Mar 31, 2018, 5:03 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyalways
OW elites via AA are not allowed on purely domestic itineraries I think...I have not tried it but knowing BA,
they are looking for reasons to keep people out :-) As United MP / *Gold elite I was able to use
TK/LH lounges at IAD on a domestic only trip.
i am afraid this is completely irrelevant to the OP’s situation.

EDIT: apologies @flyalways for some reason on reading the thread on my mobile this appeared to me to be a reply to applepie2100's query, but I now realise it isn't. Have edited my post now to reflect this and struck out my original comment in response to your post.

Originally Posted by applepie2100

Thanks in advance!
as the OP is in CE for both flights they get access to the BA lounge at GLA, and access to all the J lounges in T3 so AA/CX/BA/QF lounges. The OP can try all of them if desired, they are all close to each other. Personally I would go for the CX lounge.

Last edited by KARFA; Mar 31, 2018 at 5:29 pm
Old Mar 31, 2018, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by flyalways
If R class is Club Europe you should be able to use ! But AA, QF and CX should deny you entry based
on reciprocating "lounge full" reason BA does that to many OW elites all over the world
have you ever been denied access to any of the oneworld lounges in T3? I haven’t seen any issues reported with capacity in T3 on here.

The place this happens mostly for BA lounges is in the US where the AA provision can be poor.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA

have you ever been denied access to any of the oneworld lounges in T3? I haven’t seen any issues reported with capacity in T3 on here.

The place this happens mostly for BA lounges is in the US where the AA provision can be poor.
BA lounges in other countries are also nasty. Experienced BA "hospitality" JNB as well ! I guess you did
not get my sarcasm about T-3 lounges :-(
Old Apr 1, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Blue :(
Thank you to everyone who has replied. I shall look forward to having a quick peek in them all and hope that they let me in!

From everything I've read though I suspect I may not wish to leave the CX lounge

Last edited by applepie2100; Apr 1, 2018 at 11:14 am
Old Apr 3, 2018, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
There have been occasions where CX have restricted access to the T3 F lounge due to capacity issues. A friend of mine had this a few weeks ago around the time of a few CX departures in the early evening, but used the J side instead, rather than suffer the BA T3 GF.

Thankfully, I've never personally experienced this.
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
There have been occasions where CX have restricted access to the T3 F lounge due to capacity issues. A friend of mine had this a few weeks ago around the time of a few CX departures in the early evening, but used the J side instead, rather than suffer the BA T3 GF.

Thankfully, I've never personally experienced this.
I am genuinely surprised the CX F lounge hasn't had this issue more often. It's not huge, but fortunately enough F and OWE passengers perhaps don't know and must still be going to the AA/BA/QF lounges for it not to be overwhelmed - and long may that continue
rossmacd likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: BA GGL
As OWE, no problems accessing Cathay lounge at T3 ahead of a TAM flight, correct? Never used them before, assume the privileges are the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.