Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Had an interesting guesting scenario on Saturday. I guested my first guest into GF and the agent told me I already had one guest against my name. A lady who I had never met and had no knowledge of! She somehow got attached to me as a guest at the First wing. Eventually she was removed as I needed my second guest for, well, my second guest - but I had never seen this happen before!
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:52 am

Crazy question.

I am flying LAX to DCA in Y on AA. I am Emerald, as AA EXP. Terminal 4 does connect airside to the International Terminal. Will I have access to the Oneworld Los Angeles Lounge?
(Since I'm domestic, I can't get into AA Flagship with my CitiExec, just the not-so-great AAmirals.)
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by bostonkarl
Crazy question.

I am flying LAX to DCA in Y on AA. I am Emerald, as AA EXP. Terminal 4 does connect airside to the International Terminal. Will I have access to the Oneworld Los Angeles Lounge?
(Since I'm domestic, I can't get into AA Flagship with my CitiExec, just the not-so-great AAmirals.)
As far as I can see - no:

Originally Posted by https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
American Airlines AAdvantage® members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligible for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean. For more information, visit ...
it doesn't say "not eligible for AA lounge access" it says just "lounge access".
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Silver
I suspect this has been answered previously, but after checking each entry.... If I guest someone into the CCR (who will be ET with no status) can my guest remain in the CCR when I leave for my flight (her flight leave 2 hours later than mine)?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Row9
I suspect this has been answered previously, but after checking each entry.... If I guest someone into the CCR (who will be ET with no status) can my guest remain in the CCR when I leave for my flight (her flight leave 2 hours later than mine)?
The search function can be frustrating at times can't it

And while I've yet to sample the delights of the CCR myself, your question has been asked and answered here: Guesting into CCR

Short answer: It's fine
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
The search function can be frustrating at times can't it

And while I've yet to sample the delights of the CCR myself, your question has been asked and answered here: Guesting into CCR

Short answer: It's fine
Thanks BertieBadger, really appreciate your help.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I'm trying to think up a few ways to use up some of my Avios when I drop down to Bronze in the winter. The graphics on this thread are brilliant, but just so I'm completely clear on the rules can someone clarify the following please.

I want to book some flights in 'N' bucket and upgrade using Avios. If I connect from Club Europe to Euro Traveller on the same day (separate tickets) I think I'll have access to the Lounge before both flights, is that correct?

It looks as if I'd only get access to the Galleries Lounge before the CE flight if I booked a VIE-LHR Euro Traveller to Club Europe with a same day connection on separate tickets. Have I got that right?
Old Feb 17, 2018, 3:25 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
I am happy to be corrected as this situation is notorious for being misinterpreted and BA did change the goalposts a couple of years ago which didn’t help either. I think on the first point you would have to be travelling on the same PNR, and this would only apply to “U” fare bucket CE tickets too (which you will be if upgraded with avios from “N”.)

On the second point, I believe you to be correct.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
I am happy to be corrected as this situation is notorious for being misinterpreted and BA did change the goalposts a couple of years ago which didn’t help either. I think on the first point you would have to be travelling on the same PNR, and this would only apply to “U” fare bucket CE tickets too (which you will be if upgraded with avios from “N”.)

On the second point, I believe you to be correct.
Many thanks TyneTraveller ^
Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by headingwest
I'm trying to think up a few ways to use up some of my Avios when I drop down to Bronze in the winter. The graphics on this thread are brilliant, but just so I'm completely clear on the rules can someone clarify the following please.

I want to book some flights in 'N' bucket and upgrade using Avios. If I connect from Club Europe to Euro Traveller on the same day (separate tickets) I think I'll have access to the Lounge before both flights, is that correct?

It looks as if I'd only get access to the Galleries Lounge before the CE flight if I booked a VIE-LHR Euro Traveller to Club Europe with a same day connection on separate tickets. Have I got that right?
If doing short haul to short haul it is only the cabin of the departing flight which counts for giving access. The arriving flight cabin is not relevant.

However, as noted there was an exception when connecting CE to the previously one class domestic flights as follows:

Arriving Club Europe customers booked in U class (redemption tickets) connecting to any BA domestic flight, in any booking class.
i don’t know if this U class exception still applies now since domestic flights are now ET/CE, certainly the rational for the exception has gone.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:14 am

Thank you KARFA

It was this graphic that made me think otherwise. My plan was to fly BIO-LHR (upgraded) and connect to a separate ticket LHR-VIE in Euro Traveller.

Originally Posted by Prospero

Scenario 3
Transit from a short haul flight in Club Europe to another short haul flight in Euro Traveller. Note, this applies only to BA to BA transfers

Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by headingwest
Thank you.

It was this graphic that made me think otherwise. My plan was to fly BIO-LHR (upgraded) and connect on a separate ticket LHR-VIE in Euro Traveller.
you would not get GC access at LHR. You would need to upgrade your LHR-VIE ticket to CE.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:20 am

Thanks for the clarification
TyneTraveller likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
After a little more research into this the below is quite correct.
Originally Posted by KARFA

you would not get GC access at LHR. You would need to upgrade your LHR-VIE ticket to CE.
For whatever reason I don’t know, as the same logic clearly isn’t there anymore but those arriving on a CE “U” bucket from a European destination are definitely still entitled to GC access for onward travel no matter what the booked cabin or fare bucket purchased when on a UK domestic flight. I think it’s odd personally, but thems the latest rules apparently

Originally Posted by KARFA

However, as noted there was an exception when connecting CE to the previously one class domestic flights as follows:

i don’t know if this U class exception still applies now since domestic flights are now ET/CE, certainly the rational for the exception has gone.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Doesn't one of AUP or POUG also get you onto U? potentially handy for a bit of extra lounge time.
TyneTraveller likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.