BA lounge access guidelines

Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:42 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by tbrein
I am hoping our situation is the same. We are in F from ORD-LHR and then in CE from LHR-NCE. Iwe have a four hour connection and are hoping we have access to the Concorde Room. Will some one confirm this? Thanks.
Also, how do I make a spa appt? Flight is 8/12
Yes you will 100% have access to the Concorde Room by virtue of your First Class ticket and just keep your F boarding stub as you are a same day connection which qualifies.

Spa treatments for First customers can book 28 days ahead however I am not sure if that is for departing F customers only or both departing and arriving customers. Hopefully someone will clarify this but in any case you are entitled to use the Spa treatments.

See You First on ba.com for more info and you may also want to consider booking a Cabana which has a shower, TV, sofa etc. This is also arranged through You First and generally I recommend you book this in advance. I take it you mean the 12th August by 8/12?

Last edited by PETER01; Jul 13, 2017 at 7:47 pm
Old Jul 13, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by PETER01
Yes you will 100% have access to the Concorde Room by virtue of your First Class ticket and just keep your F boarding stub as you are a same day connection which qualifies.

Spa treatments for First customers can book 28 days ahead however I am not sure if that is for departing F customers only or both departing and arriving customers. Hopefully someone will clarify this but in any case you are entitled to use the Spa treatments.

See You First on ba.com for more info and you may also want to consider booking a Cabana which has a shower, TV, sofa etc. This is also arranged through You First and generally I recommend you book this in advance. I take it you mean the 12th August by 8/12?
Thanks for your help. Yes, it is 12 August.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 8:10 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by tbrein
Thanks for your help. Yes, it is 12 August.
Hello again tbrein. In that case the 28 days will kick in soon (assuming arriving F passengers can book 28 days ahead)

I hope you enjoy your CCR visit and the LPGS Champagne is highly recommended!
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: LATAM PASS B.SignatureAIR EUROPA PLATINUM, AZ FAP CLUB, TK ELITE, AV DIAMOND, HILTON DIAMOND, GULF G
Hi guys.
New in BA Forum.
I have a flight from DXB-LHR in CW. I travelled with a colleague who has the CCR Card. I see my flight is operated by BA, but is marketed by IB, with IB Flight number.
Can i have any problem to access the Concorde Bar?
PD: Sorry, if the question has been solved before!
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by statusunlimited
I travelled with a colleague who has the CCR Card. I see my flight is operated by BA, but is marketed by IB, with IB Flight number.
Can i have any problem to access the Concorde Bar?
That's no problem, your host can guest you, the front desk should make that happen without being asked. It is the weakest of the Concorde offerings, so don't get too excited, however it should be quiet in there compared to the main lounge. Welcome to the BA forum.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Is it really worth booking a cabana with just a four-hour (7:20-11:30am) connection when part of that will be taken up with immigration and security.

Also, we would like to have breakfast.

Then we need time to get to the gate for our next flight.
It appears to me that we really wouldn't have much time to enjoy it.

Thanks
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Lounge guesting - colleague on Flybe

Hi all

Apologies if this is an obvious question.

I will soon be flying to Glasgow for a meeting. I'm flying to/from London City with BA and I have Silver status. My colleague lives in Birmingham and since BA don't fly from there he is travelling with Flybe. Both were booked by our corporate travel agent so presumably with each airline directly and not as any kind of codeshare.

I am not quite sure of Flybe's status in BA's eyes. It is not in Oneworld but does partner/codeshare in some cases and I believe can earn Avios.

Therefore will I be able to guest him into the lounge at GLA before our return flights? I'm thinking the answer is likely to be "no" as he isn't on a Oneworld flight, but perhaps Flybe's intermediate status does count.

Of course I wouldn't be so rude as to swan off into the lounge if he can't come too, and I am not that bothered as our expenses policy will cover a drink or two in the bar anyway. I'm more curious because I haven't been in the lounge at GLA yet! In any event his flight leaves 25 minutes before mine so I'll just have to persuade him he really should go to the gate asap then sneak in to have a look before I need to do the same

Thanks very much.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gingerlucy
Hi all

Apologies if this is an obvious question.

I will soon be flying to Glasgow for a meeting. I'm flying to/from London City with BA and I have Silver status. My colleague lives in Birmingham and since BA don't fly from there he is travelling with Flybe. Both were booked by our corporate travel agent so presumably with each airline directly and not as any kind of codeshare.

I am not quite sure of Flybe's status in BA's eyes. It is not in Oneworld but does partner/codeshare in some cases and I believe can earn Avios.

Therefore will I be able to guest him into the lounge at GLA before our return flights? I'm thinking the answer is likely to be "no" as he isn't on a Oneworld flight, but perhaps Flybe's intermediate status does count.

Of course I wouldn't be so rude as to swan off into the lounge if he can't come too, and I am not that bothered as our expenses policy will cover a drink or two in the bar anyway. I'm more curious because I haven't been in the lounge at GLA yet! In any event his flight leaves 25 minutes before mine so I'll just have to persuade him he really should go to the gate asap then sneak in to have a look before I need to do the same

Thanks very much.
No unfortunately you can't guest him in at GLA. Your guest needs to be on a oneworld marketed and operated flight, and BE isn't a oneworld member.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
No unfortunately you can't guest him in at GLA. Your guest needs to be on a oneworld marketed and operated flight, and BE isn't a oneworld member.
Ah, I thought that was the most likely answer. Never mind, and thank you for replying!
Old Jul 31, 2017, 4:39 am

Hi guys, a quick question for you all. I am a QR Gold which is OneWorld Sapphire. The past two times I have connected through LHR, once in Y, once in J, the MMB page says that I should go to Galleries first lounge. Now I know that my status does not entitle me to get into GF lounge, I am just curious why this is the case?
Attached Images  
Old Jul 31, 2017, 5:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jah718
Hi guys, a quick question for you all. I am a QR Gold which is OneWorld Sapphire. The past two times I have connected through LHR, once in Y, once in J, the MMB page says that I should go to Galleries first lounge. Now I know that my status does not entitle me to get into GF lounge, I am just curious why this is the case?
The work experience lad moved on from his stellar stint in Fares to BA.com, and he thought Qatar Gold sounded quite impressive?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The work experience lad moved on from his stellar stint in Fares to BA.com, and he thought Qatar Gold sounded quite impressive?
+1^
Old Jul 31, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
When in T5 last weekend I was told that "for the duration of the summer period" - which I assume is the school holidays, GGL cardholders can take 5 guests into GF provided you're all travelling on the same PNR.

They said an email had gone out about it, but I didn't get one. Has anyone else seen that mailing?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You almost owed me a new keyboard!
Old Jul 31, 2017, 6:45 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Lowly BAEC Bronze, VS, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Just want to double check that as BA Silver, if I'm flying on an Iberia Express flight MAN-MAD, I (+1) can access the Terraces lounge?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.