Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2017, 11:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
Traveling on 10 May BOS-LHR-ARN in WT. I am a OW Sapphire (AA Platinum). I understand that I have access to the Galleries Lounge at Boston & Heathrow for myself and husband due to my OW status. I do not have my current "physical" AAdvantage Card showing my Platinum status - though I do have the digital version on my phone. Will this be an issue at the clubs as I know from past experience BA has been a stickler for seeing the physical card.
BA now uses a digital card too. I don't know if you are referring to events some years ago, since about 4 years ago BA staff in their own lounges (which covers BOS and LHR) have the ability to look up current oneworld status online. Moreover the status should show on the boarding pass and generally that's enough. The difficult areas in the past have been if the status was earned/renewed within a day or two of travel, or if people are swapping arounds cards for credit and status.

ARN is non BA, but I would expect they are reasonably IT literate over there, plus the boarding pass is probably also going to help.
Old May 6, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Thanks - appreciate the quick response!
Old May 29, 2017, 2:45 pm

I'm flying to SIN in first and then onto another location not on OneWorld/BA but from the same terminal. Will I be able to use the BA lounge on arrival in SIN and guest my partner who is travelling economy to SIN?
Old May 29, 2017, 2:47 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by glennnn
I'm flying to SIN in first and then onto another location not on OneWorld/BA but from the same terminal. Will I be able to use the BA lounge on arrival in SIN and guest my partner who is travelling economy to SIN?
No access. Your departing flight would have to be oneworld operated and marketed for you to get access to a oneworld lounge at SIN prior to your flight.
Old May 29, 2017, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
No access. Your departing flight would have to be oneworld operated and marketed for you to get access to a oneworld lounge at SIN prior to your flight.
Thanks for the speedy response.
Old May 29, 2017, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by glennnn
Thanks for the speedy response.
No problem. Sorry it wasn't the answer you were hoping for.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 1:57 pm

Looked and searched and couldn't find an answer. I am aa plat(sapphire) flying f on ba iad/lhr. Wife (also sapphire) and daughter ( 25 nears old no status) flying bus. on same flight. All 3 us connecting to ba club europe. I know the rule is one guest in CCR. Do they make exceptions for family member?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by jmj9905
Looked and searched and couldn't find an answer. I am aa plat(sapphire) flying f on ba iad/lhr. Wife (also sapphire) and daughter ( 25 nears old no status) flying bus. on same flight. All 3 us connecting to ba club europe. I know the rule is one guest in CCR. Do they make exceptions for family member?
Very unlikely to the extent I would say no. I have heard of the odd exception for a young child (think 2-8 year range) but not really for someone that old.

I think your options would be go in with one of your wife or daughter with the other one using the GC lounge. Unfortunately it wouldn't even be possible to all go in the GF so the other option is all go in the GC.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 2:04 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jmj9905
Generally, indeed overwhelmingly, no they won't allow you 2 guests. There are very occasional reports of it happening, but I would assume not.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 2:50 pm

Thanks all for your speedy response.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 9:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
Thanks to Prospero for putting this guide together. I know that as an AA EXP, I am only allowed one guest into the Galleries First lounge at T5. I will be with my wife and 2 kids (7 years old), and I am worried at whether or not I will be able to bring in my kids into the lounge. Do the lounge agents draw a hard line at children (they are very, very well behaved) or in practice do they give some accommodation and let them in? We will all be traveling in J so just wondering, any practical insight is much appreciated.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by yabadoo
Thanks to Prospero for putting this guide together. I know that as an AA EXP, I am only allowed one guest into the Galleries First lounge at T5. I will be with my wife and 2 kids (7 years old), and I am worried at whether or not I will be able to bring in my kids into the lounge. Do the lounge agents draw a hard line at children (they are very, very well behaved) or in practice do they give some accommodation and let them in? We will all be traveling in J so just wondering, any practical insight is much appreciated.
Generally at T5 they do follow the rules. I think whilst you can ask I expect they may say no to guesting in so many people - you are asking to guest theee in?
Old Jun 10, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
Generally at T5 they do follow the rules. I think whilst you can ask I expect they may say no to guesting in so many people - you are asking to guest theee in?
Yes, that is correct, wife and 2 kids. It maybe much to ask but will give it a try if they're willing to let the kids enter.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA Blue
My daughter and her boyfriend were booked in Y on SJC-LHR-GLA using Amex 2-4-1 award. Shortly after booking (9-10 months ago) J opened up on the SJC-LHR sector and she changed her booking to J. The LHR-GLA sector was unchanged (obviously) as class X.

Later, of course, BA announced the advent of CE to domestics. With both being class X their sector LHR-GLA remained un-upgraded. Daughter phoned BAEC querying why she was not now in CE on LHR-GLA but was told that there was no availability on CE. Seems to me that they really should be in CE, following the LH J.

MMB shows that they have lounge access at SJC, but not at LHR. I understand under the Oneworld rules, that they should have lounge access at LHR due to same day LH in J. Can anyone confirm that, if they present their J boarding cards along with their LHR-GLA boarding cards in the LHR lounge, they will get access? Is it worth another call to BAEC to try to get them in CE?
Old Jun 10, 2017, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by gate4lounge
My daughter and her boyfriend were booked in Y on SJC-LHR-GLA using Amex 2-4-1 award. Shortly after booking (9-10 months ago) J opened up on the SJC-LHR sector and she changed her booking to J. The LHR-GLA sector was unchanged (obviously) as class X.

Later, of course, BA announced the advent of CE to domestics. With both being class X their sector LHR-GLA remained un-upgraded. Daughter phoned BAEC querying why she was not now in CE on LHR-GLA but was told that there was no availability on CE. Seems to me that they really should be in CE, following the LH J.

MMB shows that they have lounge access at SJC, but not at LHR. I understand under the Oneworld rules, that they should have lounge access at LHR due to same day LH in J. Can anyone confirm that, if they present their J boarding cards along with their LHR-GLA boarding cards in the LHR lounge, they will get access? Is it worth another call to BAEC to try to get them in CE?
I don't think there is a point calling BA again. One or two people had some success at the time when domestic CE was introduced but that soon ended. At the end of the day they are still getting what they booked - a change to CE would be an upgrade.

In terms of lounges this is correct, same day connection inbound long haul in J connecting to short haul or domestic in Y would get lounge access to any of the GC lounges in T5 - they will need to keep hold of their inbound bp as they will need to show it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.