Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

I had 8hrs in Heathrow ( galleries f ) I December which turned into 6hrs due to a delayed ba flight from dubai then had to get the day 2 pcr test on arrival landside then
time passed quickly esp with a walk to t5b and grabbed a nice refreshing shower in t5b ( no wait) before going back to t5a but it was good to get back home rather than in the lounge

Regards
tbs
Old May 13, 2022, 8:46 pm

Question Confused about F passengers being able to guest others

Based on other comments in this thread, I was under the impression you need some type of status with OneWorld/BA even if you're flying F to be able to guest others, but when I checked the OneWorld lounge website, it doesn't explicitly state the status requirement. Am I missing something here?
Included a screenshot of what I'm referring to.
Attached Images  
Old May 13, 2022, 11:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by hsandhar
Based on other comments in this thread, I was under the impression you need some type of status with OneWorld/BA even if you're flying F to be able to guest others, but when I checked the OneWorld lounge website, it doesn't explicitly state the status requirement. Am I missing something here?
Included a screenshot of what I'm referring to.
one guest if travelling first, no additional status needed. From the 1st post in this thread...

Guesting privileges qualified by class of travel
With regard to oneworld lounges, the guesting rules are relatively straight forward.
Travelling first class
The ticket holder may invite one guest into a oneworld first class or business class lounge. Both the first class ticket holder and guest must be travelling on a oneworld operated and marketed flight, though not necessarily on the same flight or same carrier.
hsandhar likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
one guest if travelling first, no additional status needed. From the 1st post in this thread...

Guesting privileges qualified by class of travel
With regard to oneworld lounges, the guesting rules are relatively straight forward.
Travelling first class
The ticket holder may invite one guest into a oneworld first class or business class lounge. Both the first class ticket holder and guest must be travelling on a oneworld operated and marketed flight, though not necessarily on the same flight or same carrier.
My bad! I landed somewhere towards the end of this thread from Google, and didn't check the first page.
Old May 14, 2022, 6:38 am

This could be a highly unpopular opinion but I think BA should give Club World access to the Galleries F lounge similar to how AA gives their international business class passengers access to their Flagship First lounge.

The Galleries business lounge is a bit of a joke with how busy it is.
Old May 14, 2022, 7:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
This could be a highly unpopular opinion but I think BA should give Club World access to the Galleries F lounge similar to how AA gives their international business class passengers access to their Flagship First lounge.

I'll start the ball rolling by saying its a NO from me
Old May 14, 2022, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.

And just how much of a joke do you want to turn Galleries First into?

One difference between AA and BA is that AA's international business class passengers are a probably a relatively small proportion of AA's total lounge-eligible population. It's certainly small enough that it's meaningful to describe them separately.

In contrast, on BA "international business class" is an overwhelming majority of its entire business class capacity.
Old May 15, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
There is no such thing as a "Flagship First Lounge" -- it is called the "Flagship Lounge"
_kurt likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
And just how much of a joke do you want to turn Galleries First into?

One difference between AA and BA is that AA's international business class passengers are a probably a relatively small proportion of AA's total lounge-eligible population. It's certainly small enough that it's meaningful to describe them separately.

In contrast, on BA "international business class" is an overwhelming majority of its entire business class capacity.
We’d have to run the numbers but wouldn’t the majority be European travel and those with status? There has to be a good way to divide those folks into a different lounge section.

I’m just spitballing some ideas here as the current lounge situation for long haul business customers is embarrassing. Thousands on a ticket in the highest class offered on most routes but good luck finding an available seat in the lounge.
Old May 16, 2022, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, easyJet Plus, YHA platinum, Amex Centurion, Peugeot owners club, Stagecoach gold rider
I’m just spitballing some ideas here as the current lounge situation for long haul business customers is embarrassing. Thousands on a ticket in the highest class offered on most routes but good luck finding an available seat in the lounge.
Your idea would just move the problem to the first lounge and solve nothing
C_Smith likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 4:26 am

Programs: BAEC
Yes, Galleries Club can be crowded. Worst I’ve ever seen was last November just after US opened up. But even then it wasn’t insane. Never saw any 20 deep queues to get in that one routinely sees in Centurion or ACs. I shrewdly didn’t travel around half term and Easter so not sure how bad it was then. Sure, you might not have 4 seats to yourself at peak times. And anyway, as previously mentioned, GF lounges are already pretty full but manageable. Adding all the AA business class pax would probably make going back to GC more appealing.

I guess part of the solution is maybe to build more lounge space and adding another GF lounge. Maybe attached to either North T5 or B gates lounge?

Last edited by RichieMc; May 16, 2022 at 4:34 am
Old May 16, 2022, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Duplicate
Old May 16, 2022, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by RichieMc
Yes, Galleries Club can be crowded. Worst I’ve ever seen was last November just after US opened up. But even then it wasn’t insane. Never saw any 20 deep queues to get in that one routinely sees in Centurion or ACs. I shrewdly didn’t travel around half term and Easter so not sure how bad it was then. Sure, you might not have 4 seats to yourself at peak times. And anyway, as previously mentioned, GF lounges are already pretty full but manageable. Adding all the AA business class pax would probably make going back to GC more appealing.

I guess part of the solution is maybe to build more lounge space and adding another GF lounge. Maybe attached to either North T5 or B gates lounge?
Last time I was in GC it was so full we walked around for a solid 10-15 minutes to find a seat. T5 would definitely benefit from additional lounge space, it's definitely worse, or at least feels worse, than other major competitors hub airports in Europe.
sethMCOflyer likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
yes, BA gold card on a BA 125-... issued ticket, and on a BA codeshare, will get access to the BA lounge.
hello all. Apologies for piggybacking but would the same apply for a Silver cardholder?
Old May 16, 2022, 7:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rutricky
hello all. Apologies for piggybacking but would the same apply for a Silver cardholder?
i am afraid not. This is for golds only.

the only place it would apply for silvers is if on a EI flight and using an EI lounge on a flight between IRE and UK - this is due to a separate agreement between the two airlines for those routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.