Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2022, 8:30 am

Ah good to know. I've never had time to use it before and was unaware of the logistics. Thanks for the heads up.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
Can someone please confirm that my understanding is correct for an upcoming trip. When I return from Singapore in First, with an onward connection to EDI in Club, I should be allowed access to the CCR on arrival at LHR, is this correct?
Old Mar 5, 2022, 7:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Exsilver
Can someone please confirm that my understanding is correct for an upcoming trip. When I return from Singapore in First, with an onward connection to EDI in Club, I should be allowed access to the CCR on arrival at LHR, is this correct?
Yes.
KARFA likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Yes.
Thank you.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond
Loganair operated flight with BA flight number

I am thinking of booking a flight ABZ to BHX with Loganair. If booked with BA with a BA flight number will I be granted access to the BA lounge at ABZ as a BAEC Gold?

Thanks
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie
I am thinking of booking a flight ABZ to BHX with Loganair. If booked with BA with a BA flight number will I be granted access to the BA lounge at ABZ as a BAEC Gold?

Thanks
yes, BA gold card on a BA 125-... issued ticket, and on a BA codeshare, will get access to the BA lounge.
FlyingWelshie likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by RichieMc
Not the worst idea to delay the driver. Arrivals Concorde Breakfast Room is a room within the lounge with a better menu with cooked to order stuff; with a First ticket you have access. If you have time, you can try one of the cabanas with an infinity bath.
I thought it was the same stuff, just that the lounge host would go into the main buffet area (via a back door), pick up a plate and select the items you had chosen, before returning to the CCR breakfast room. I have seen lounge hosts do this multiple times
Old Mar 8, 2022, 3:15 am

This one is for the LHR experts

- Arriving on May 8th from JFK on AA in first & connecting 10 hours later to an IB flight on same booking in business. It seems both flights are scheduled to/from T5.
- I wish to visit the CX lounge in T3, so I plan to buy a ticket on a BA flight that leaves from T3 that afternoon.

The question is: Can I be checked in for 2 flights leaving LHR on the same day (the evening IB flight & afternoon BA flight)? Or does LHR/the IAG system not allow the same passenger to leave the airport twice on a same day? And does the CX lounge actually care at wich terminal I arrived/depart from?

Thanks!
Old Mar 8, 2022, 3:29 am

Interesting question!
Travel-Quinten likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 3:32 am

Yes, tbh it isn't necessary to do that. When you arrive in to T5 you can just use the airside buses to go to T3 anyway and go through security to use the lounges there. You do not need a T3 flight bp to go through connections.

Just make sure you leave plenty of time to head back to the airside buses and know hpw to do it, and ensure you get to T5 well before the flight is scheduled to depart.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, tbh it isn't necessary to do that. When you arrive in to T5 you can just use the airside buses to go to T3 anyway and go through security to use the lounges there. You do not need a T3 flight bp to go through connections.

Just make sure you leave plenty of time to head back to the airside buses and know hpw to do it, and ensure you get to T5 well before the flight is scheduled to depart.
Thanks! I thought you can only enter the terminal your flight leaves from, not another terminal.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
Thanks! I thought you can only enter the terminal your flight leaves from, not another terminal.
That is certainly true of T5, so you cannot enter the airside departures area of T5 without a bp for a flight departing T5. However, it isn't true of T3 and T2.
Travel-Quinten and joeri like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 4:29 am

That is certainly true of T5, so you cannot enter the airside departures area of T5 without a bp for a flight departing T5. However, it isn't true of T3 and T2.
Fantastic, thanks for your help!
Old Mar 14, 2022, 2:49 am

Are you sure about this? A Heathrow chat agent told me I couldn't...

Quote chat:
Hi there! I have a flight from T5, but I'd like to use the lounge in T3. Is it possible to enter T3 (with a T5 boarding pass)? Thanks!

Heathrow Airport

Good morning, you will not be able to use the lounge, unless it is before security.

You sent

Do you mean that is necessary to have a T3 boardingpass to enter the departures area of T3. Even when I’m already through security and all in T5 (and then take the airside bus)?

Heathrow Airport

You can't move airside when you are passed security before you have taken a flight, to use a lounge.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by joeri
Are you sure about this? A Heathrow chat agent told me I couldn't...

Quote chat:
Hi there! I have a flight from T5, but I'd like to use the lounge in T3. Is it possible to enter T3 (with a T5 boarding pass)? Thanks!

Heathrow Airport

Good morning, you will not be able to use the lounge, unless it is before security.

You sent

Do you mean that is necessary to have a T3 boardingpass to enter the departures area of T3. Even when I’m already through security and all in T5 (and then take the airside bus)?

Heathrow Airport

You can't move airside when you are passed security before you have taken a flight, to use a lounge.
Yes you can access T3 departures via the transit route without a T3 boarding pass. You may get a question when you get to security but you can say you came for the shops and the lounges. The big trick is not to go through T5 security into the departure area after you get off your flight that has just arrived in T5

You cannot enter T5 without a T5 boarding pass.

reading the response from the heathrow chat, what you are trying to do may be a little different from that. You seem to want to clear security in T5 and then go to the transit bus to T3. All very possible but you will have problems when you get back to T5 as you will be marked as already having entered t5.

This can be resolved but may take some time.

It also means taking the train out from T5A to T5C on the departure flow and then coming aback into T5A from T5C on the arrivals flow to get to the transit bus.

I can understand why the chat said you cannot do it. it will not be a behaviour that they want to encourage
KARFA likes this.

Last edited by scottishpoet; Mar 14, 2022 at 4:01 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.